The Evil Dead Anthology (6-Disc Set Blu-Ray + DVD incl. Replica Dagger) [Australia]

severo

Premium Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Vienna / Austria
"For the first time in the world, all 4 Fantastic Evil Dead Films includein the 1978 Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness and Evil Dead 2013, This collectable pack also features The Necronomicon Outer, 16 pages of original drawings and a 23 cm replica prop Dagger from Evil Dead 2 PLUS Heaps of bonus features and the Premiere of the documentary Invaluable."

- Includes Collectable 23cm prop replica dagger
- 4 BD and 2 DVD

Rated MA15+
release date: Nov 26, 2014

pre-order: http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/30343/the-evil-dead-anthology

vve624.png

So are they the same publishers of the AUS army of darkness book of the dead?

Before i bought it I've heard a lot of complaints about the differences from its first official mockups and the final product.
I love it ok, it's a great edition, but it isn't barely near to the construction and materials quality of the first two books, so i don't know what to think about this new one.

From what I can tell so far there are 2 different versions of this.
A 6 disc set at $137. AU and a 7 disc set at $169. to $179. AU
I'm still looking at all the OZ site's that I can that have it for sell.
Each set has a different cover for them.
Bob

Reactions: MRD and axldelarge
@wojo66 thanks...i think it's just different stages of art work. I think that differences in discs may be due to one additional DVD with
one of the films.
I suppose it's the same situation as with Necronomicon:

ScreenHunter_7512 Nov. 12 08.00.jpg

looking at the different work stages, that's the part who could disappoint us so much...
That's not a common printed cardboard cover, that's a painted rubber one and even a little difference could make it look uglier (look at the transformation of the AOD book there…)
So what we need is just one final product picture to decide, no leaked prototypes or old mockups, we shouldn't be allowed to see them!

Does anyone maybe pre ordered this? I would like to see live pics!

Last edited:
Just purchased one today why I'm not sure I like my limited editions,gift box sets and cause jb hifi has 20% off I thought why not,I also have a 5%off too so ended up with 25% off in the end.
Costs $169 ended up costing $126 which is a bit of a saving and yes still expensive but I find most stuff here in oz don't drop much in price and maybe a while before I get this amount off.
It's still sealed and for now stay that way so sorry guys but if I do happen to open I take more pics,but I'm sure others will have posted up by then.

Just purchased one today why I'm not sure I like my limited editions,gift box sets and cause jb hifi has 20% off I thought why not,I also have a 5%off too so ended up with 25% off in the end.
Costs $169 ended up costing $126 which is a bit of a saving and yes still expensive but I find most stuff here in oz don't drop much in price and maybe a while before I get this amount off.
It's still sealed and for now stay that way so sorry guys but if I do happen to open I take more pics,but I'm sure others will have posted up by then.

If you have the box, even sealed you can post pics here...better than nothing for people like us who are on the fence and dont now what to do;D

Reactions: Sigill
A friend has this set, it's very very cheaply made and the discs I are held in envelopes glued to the pages other then that the book has about 10 pages of drawings

So this is on sale here for $135.20. Reading what everyone has said about it is it really worth it? As cool as it is im still not sure...

@GI_SnakeEyes if anyone can convince me to get this its you ;):D

I told you it's a lot better quality then the dvd's which tend to crack. It's on bluray, and you get the cool ass dagger. I love mine that's the price with the 20% off? You're just running the risk of them finally selling out and then never getting it unless from a 3rd party for an extremely high mark up.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
I told you it's a lot better quality then the dvd's which tend to crack. It's on bluray, and you get the cool ass dagger. I love mine that's the price with the 20% off? You're just running the risk of them finally selling out and then never getting it unless from a 3rd party for an extremely high mark up.
And there it is. Youve done it. Lol

• Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes