The Fox and the Hound (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #24) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 6th, 2014
Purchase link: The Fox and the Hound LIVE!
Price: £19.99
Notes: Gloss Finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

front.jpg

rear.jpg
interior.jpg
exterior.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
As this has a release date of October and there are none currently scheduled for September, are any of the ones releasing on August 11 being moved to a later date?

Reactions: tono06
Hmmmmm another border

Does anyone know how they select which ones to do borders with? I mean The Aristocats and Pinocchio don't have borders yet are being released inbetween Steelbooks which have borders

I'm not bothered but I don't want the rest of the collection to have border artwork when the older releases didn't. We need more like Pinocchio

Artwork looks fantastic. I think Zavvi is in a good groove with these Disney steels. The only last request would be if they somehow would be able to convince Disney to respect the UK fans and give fully loaded packages with any bonus discs that might be applicable. Now... I am not certain Fox and the Hound even has bonus content to warrant another disc, but many of these classic Disney steels do (like Pinocchio) and it would be nice if Disney went back to printed artwork on the discs and all available bonus features.

Reactions: Mojo
This was a minor movie (though a very good one) and it got the steelbook treatment. Fantastic ! In the end, they will release the entire Disney catalogue, methinks.

so when will it go live

well just noticed on main page of steels live this weekend the fox and the hound on saturday, wish mods would update thread with info when they have it.

and as a complete guess out the air reckon will be 5 or 6 pm.

hope helps some of you.
Basil :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: entreri
I own the amaray so I won't be getting this steelbook, but that is fantastic artwork and if Disney's recent releases are anything to go by, then it'll look great in hand. They've really stepped up their steelbooks after that lull earlier in the collection.

Completely off topic but I remember getting the panini sticker books when I was a kid and I remember having the fox and the hound one, think I missed out on one sticker to complete it, no idea why I posted this as I'm not getting the film, but it just brought back some good memories of my youth

No more pre-ordering of Disney Steels unless it is a famous title like Tangled, Frozen, Lion King etc. All these end up at the bay for £16 in the first few weeks and gradually dropping to £10.

Yeah I've cancelled a few Disney pre-orders recently. None are selling out, and with this 20% offer they're currently running, you can get most of them for £16, which makes me paying £20 for the likes of Mulan a fortnight ago look a bit stupid.

Reactions: lgans316
also just noticed that there is extra 20% off selected disney and pixar titles when ordered with the fox and the hound

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/steelbooks/disney-pixar-steelbooks.list

on zavvi :
To celebrate the launch of The Fox and The Hound Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook we are offering an extra 20% off the Disney & Pixar Steelbook collections. To redeem this offer simply add the The Fox and The Hound Steelbook and your chosen Disney or Pixar title to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.

which is:
planes
fantasia
peter pan
lady and the tramp
dumbo
alice in wonderland
101 dalmations
pinocchio
bambi
mary poppins
robin hood
hercules
mulan
monsters university
monsters inc
up
cars
brave

hopefully may helps some of you wanting these at a cheaper price.

basil :thumbs:

Yes, this! They could use the champagne scene as inside art! :LOL:

@pdbluray me too buddy. Can not wait for the steelbook release of Basil the great mouse detective

Won't happen till Disney UK give it a normal Blu Ray release and judging by the recent release of Snow White and the upcoming Lion King rerelease, looks like they're more concerned on rereleasing vault titles and at the same time saying "Screw the vault system".

Oh well, how about delay one of 2 of those August 11th titles Zavvi? Please?

My sister used to listen to the Fox on The Hound audiobook on casette. All. The. Time. I remember hating the music. I still managed to enjoy the film when watching it a few years ago.