The Great Wall (4K + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 12, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi (Live February 22 at 12 PM)
Price: £32.99
Notes: Limited to 500

C5NQrVGWcAISiR3.jpg

C5NQtamWAAAYWlr.jpg
C5NQv_KWQAENh8g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Strangerbyday
Please show me any region except USA doing 4K + 2D for significanltly less than Zavvis price.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Italian one ends up chucking in the 4K disc so you may want to order it & cancel it later if need be, I personally couldn't care less if it does though. I've ordered it from Amazon now (for the missus), I hope to cancel it at a later date when a decent Asian edition with 3D is released.
Every new format has been way over priced upon release, 4K is no different apart from being stop gap for 8 ;).

Forgot to cancel this :( Just been charged by Zavvi..

If anyone wants a copy for cost, just drop us a pm..

Damon's accent in it is so irritating.
What's more irritating is the price . . . as in 10 quid more than the 3D + 2D.
Should be on par with each other if 4K is to supplant 3D.

Anyway, message received from Zavvi today at 6PM:-

The Great Wall 4K Steelbook
LESS THAN 200 LEFT

Trailer makes it look pretty spectacular and entertaining . . . you can see where most of the $150M budget went . . . steelbook looks pretty snazzy too with its glossy finish.

Limited to 500 . . . "Sold out" in Feb. . . 200 left in June (LOL).
Maybe not so amusing when you consider Zavvi posted "Only 50 units left" in February on their Facebook page.

Review of the 4K disc can be seen here:-
https://www.avforums.com/review/The-Great-Wall-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-ray-disc-Review.13650
Subs:-
81xoH4g1WNL._SL1500_.jpg

Younger Matt Damon = small head poster / older Matt Damon = just about fits on the sheet LOL:-
II
V
tumblr_inline_o5zf6sTVm91shsvef_540.jpg

Another obvious thing to notice about some of his film posters is the amount of print sitting on his face:-

Not just poor old Matt though ............................................................................................................................... "The eyes have it!"
faces-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVoGYayB0dV3lS-GnR_LDWekL6i0wyjpHRfhZIwBaOXk.jpg
eyes-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqSmqf5hgNd5DTGJv5RBCA8JA-8DIHnUFRq66NQHRBPOw.jpg

The promo poster would have made for a very different steelbook front (or back if Matt Damon absolutely had to be on the front):-
DI0BjkYVwAADphB.jpg:large

Last edited: