The Green Mile (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

About time this got the steel treatment... surprised it's taken them this long to be honest. My only concern is that it's to be released in France, and we all know how the majority of French steels end up looking. Fingers crossed it also ends up being released in other countries, so at least then we have some hope!

About time this got the steel treatment... surprised it's taken them this long to be honest. My only concern is that it's to be released in France, and we all know how the majority of French steels end up looking. Fingers crossed it also ends up being released in other countries, so at least then we have some hope!

Agreed. Don't want the French to be the first to release this thing. I'm just hoping for a great artwork (no french text) with remastered disc inside.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yes, brilliant news indeed.
Expecting to see Mr. Hanks on the front taken from either of these two original poster designs:-
green_mile_ver4.jpg

. . . and this on the back .................... V ..................................................................................... or this on the back of the other .............. V ...........................................................
green_mile_ver2.jpg

Better still would be the Diamond Luke digipack edition (Neo case) cover artwork although I can see that would make for a very nice lenticular on one of the eventual premium retailer's packages:-
green_luxe_1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully in the U.K with the same content as the Diamond Luxe:-

• Disc 1
    • The Green Mile Feature
    • Commentary by Frank Darabont
    • Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile (96 mins. approx. as opposed to 26 mins. approx. on the original release)
    • Stephen King: Storyteller
    • The Art of Adaptation
    • Acting on the Mile
    • Designing the Mile
    • The Magic of the Mile
    • The Tail of Mr. Jingles
    • Bitterbuck’s Family Says Goodbye
    • Bitterbuck’s Family Says Goodbye w/Optional Commentaryby Frank Darabont
    • Coffey’s Prayer
    • Coffey’s Prayer w/Optional Commentaryby Frank Darabont
    • Michael Clarke Duncan’s Screen
    • Tom Hanks’ Make-up Tests
    • The Teaser Trailer: A Case Study
    • Teaser Trailer
    • Theatrical Trailer
  • Disc 2 – Exclusive to this Anniversary Release
    • Walking the Mile (Extended Version)
. . . and not the regular BD release I bought back in 2009 which has Extras . . . just not as many :-
green mile.PNG

Diamond Luke edition - Neo packaging - with some good exterior and interior images for a steelbook edition:-
II
V
E20vrxG.jpg
fQ4F9Fa.jpg
sXwlyNR.jpg
PE5jcPj.jpg
0bG6CXB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: K.i.T
My only concern is that it's to be released in France, and we all know how the majority of French steels end up looking.

*Always* amazing, and conceived for French consumers (so look out for tricky English titles being adapted in French, esp. for films catering to older crowds, like this one) and (sadly) not for international steelbook collectors? :D

Le 1.6 kilometre vert?

Close...

La ligne verte

Don't want the French to be the first to release this thing. I'm just hoping for a great artwork (no french text)

Dudes, relax, you can breath easy, the French aren't going to torch your Blu-ray collection: The Green Mile is a Warner Bros movie, so it's going to have the original title and WWA (and that steelbook will be available in at least one other country with a different J-card).

*Always* amazing, and conceived for French consumers (so look out for tricky English titles being adapted in French, esp. for films catering to older crowds, like this one) and (sadly) not for international steelbook collectors? :D
You forgot to mention the possibility of a "backwards" spine. :giggle:

You forgot to mention the possibility of a "backwards" spine. :giggle:

What if it's backwards everywhere else:wow::happy:? It's been forever like that in France (and in Germany too — and perhaps other countries (countries from where we don't get WEA steelbooks)), titles have been facing "toward" the front art for books. So it made sense to use the same template for DVDs, Blu-rays, including digibooks and steelbooks (though it's not always the case, Metropolitan steelbooks have a spine facing "the right way").

Anyway this Green Mile steelbook will be WWA, I'm guessing amazon.de and Zavvi will have it in stock too.

What if it's backwards everywhere else:wow::happy:? It's been forever like that in France (and in Germany too — and perhaps other countries (countries from where we don't get WEA steelbooks)), titles have been facing "toward" the front art for books. So it made sense to use the same template for DVDs, Blu-rays, including digibooks and steelbooks (though it's not always the case, Metropolitan steelbooks have a spine facing "the right way").

Anyway this Green Mile steelbook will be WWA, I'm guessing amazon.de and Zavvi will have it in stock too.
Aha yep, hence the quotations marks in my comment... because who's to say which is the right/wrong way? ;)

To reassure you, Warner Home Video just like 20th Century Fox and other "major" companies no longer have the rights to decide anything on the releases in France...
They are just like an office of the company managing the sales for another country
Many parameters have led the US decision-makers to not let the other countries decide anything on their releases: the costs, the market situation (Video market is again 12% less in 2016 in France)
and probably the errors made in the past...

You can be sure that this release will have an english title and the spine on the right way... (the artwork I saw for the moment confirms that ;) and it's not a photoshop paint style picture used for the front)
The debossed-embossed option is not certain but we have good chances regarding V for Vendetta, Ben-Hur or some others releases, even if the current temporary artwork I saw doesn't fit very well for an embossed title...

One of my favourite movies of all time so pre-ordered for now but will cancel if artworks bad, it has a French title or a backwards spine. Need this in steelbook format but it has to be right

Last edited: