The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny to see how tastes are different, for me its definitely: 1. Reservoir Dogs, 2. Pulp Fiction, 3. Jackie Brown, 4. Kill Bill both , 5. Django, 6. HF8 , 7. Inglorious, 8. Death Proof

But from 1-7 all are 10/10 movies so ... :p I will never forget how I watched Reservoir Dogs the first time on VHS. I copped the OST the next day. Damn. Good times!

I'm excited to see what they will release for HF8. I want to double dip on this movie so lets hope for a lot of beautiful Steels, Full Slips, Lentis and Slipcover :wacky::wacky::wacky:

I don't care for Pulp Fiction either. I thought I was the only one. True Romance is the best Tarantino movie... yeah I said it! :rofl: Generally I seem to prefer the movies he wrote but didn't direct anyway. Really enjoyed H8ful at the cinema though and with Blu Collection I'm counting on a nice release. :watch:

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I don't care for Pulp Fiction either. I thought I was the only one. True Romance is the best Tarantino movie... yeah I said it! :rofl: Generally I seem to prefer the movies he wrote but didn't direct anyway. Really enjoyed H8ful at the cinema though and with Blu Collection I'm counting on a nice release. :watch:

If you listen to the Tarantino commentary on True Romance, he would have made it a lot differently to how Tony Scott did. Scott basically butchered Tarantino's screenplay, including messing around the ordering of scenes and the ending.

If you listen to the Tarantino commentary on True Romance, he would have made it a lot differently to how Tony Scott did. Scott basically butchered Tarantino's screenplay, including messing around the ordering of scenes and the ending.

how come. because Tarantino said so, or because you have read it (screenplay) and think so ? Tarantino said that same thing about Natural Born Killers too. IMO he keeps saying he could have made better movies of his own screenplays. if so do not hand them out.

edit : commeting some one elses movie on commentary track, saying he could have done it better is so....fu..ed.

Reactions: Last Lizard
how come. because Tarantino said so, or because you have read it (screenplay) and think so ? Tarantino said that same thing about Natural Born Killers too. IMO he keeps saying he could have made better movies of his own screenplays. if so do not hand them out.

edit : commeting some one elses movie on commentary track, saying he could have done it better is so....fu..ed.

This is basically how I've felt about it. Would he have made From Dusk Till Dawn any better? No you probably won't find him saying that because he's good friends with RR. No doubt he had some sway on that film overall anyways but still. Everyone else is fair game to **** on I guess. :rofl: At the end of the day it's in the lap of the director on how to mould the story... plus I prefer Scott's happy ending anyways! :p

Sorry for derailing things a bit. :sleep:

Reactions: nefilim

Note that Tarantino never said that his version would have been better, it was just the different version he described as written in the screenplay sounded much better to me, but that's just my opinion. It was a non-linear structure which would have matched up well with all QT's other films around that period, but Scott chose to go with the safe option of making it a linear story.

Note that Tarantino never said that his version would have been better, it was just the different version he described as written in the screenplay sounded much better to me, but that's just my opinion. It was a non-linear structure which would have matched up well with all QT's other films around that period, but Scott chose to go with the safe option of making it a linear story.

why going linear is safe. haven't QT's succes proved that non-linear work too ? ... and to be honest QT is obsessed with non-linear. it grows old after so many times ... IMO of course.

why going linear is safe. haven't QT's succes proved that non-linear work too ? ... and to be honest QT is obsessed with non-linear. it grows old after so many times ... IMO of course.

Of course it's safer, since 99% of films that have ever been made are linear.

Of course it's safer, since 99% of films that have ever been made are linear.

Ehm...

let see. lets say there are 1000 films in total made.

900 are linear
100 non-linear

average rating of linear films are 7.8
average rating of non-linear are 8.2

it's safer to make what kind of films ?

This is basically how I've felt about it. Would he have made From Dusk Till Dawn any better? No you probably won't find him saying that because he's good friends with RR. No doubt he had some sway on that film overall anyways but still. Everyone else is fair game to **** on I guess. :rofl: At the end of the day it's in the lap of the director on how to mould the story... plus I prefer Scott's happy ending anyways! :p

Sorry for derailing things a bit. :sleep:

QT was also good friends with Scott having reworked some his scripts at Tonys request. Hence why Scott asked him to do a commentary track. QT loves Scotts version. He did change a few things but much of what was in the script made it into the film. It needed the happy ending though.

Ehm...

let see. lets say there are 1000 films in total made.

900 are linear
100 non-linear

average rating of linear films are 7.8
average rating of non-linear are 8.2

it's safer to make what kind of films ?

For Scott it was a safe choice because linear films were what he was used to making. It is always safer to make films just like you've made them before and to do what everyone else is doing. Tony Scott was just the wrong choice to adapt QT's screenplay as written. This is my opinion but also what QT infers on the commentary.

Reactions: davhyl
For Scott it was a safe choice because linear films were what he was used to making. It is always safer to make films just like you've made them before and to do what everyone else is doing. Tony Scott was just the wrong choice to adapt QT's screenplay as written. This is my opinion but also what QT infers on the commentary.

reading THIS does not make me feel QT thinks TS was wrong choice.

reading THIS does not make me feel QT thinks TS was wrong choice.

Well he's hardly going to start speaking ill of a recently deceased colleague but it's pretty clear even in that article that he isn't happy with it:

In fact because Scott loved the romantic leads so much, he refused to follow his writer's fractured fairy tale and kill off his leading man. Instead, Scott rejiggered the jumps in time into a straightforward narrative, and let his couple live happily ever after.

Tarantino's version of "True Romance" would have been romantic, he said, but "mine would have been more cynical. I wanted to make you fall in love with Clarence and blow his ******* head off, I wanted to do that to you. Tony didn't want to do that. Clarence was me, I could blow my own head off, a punk rock move."