The Hateful Eight - In theaters January 8, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
Director: Quentin Tarantino
With: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russel, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and more...

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Quentin Tarantino Says His Next Film Will be a Western!!!
With Django Unchained having earned over $425 million at the worldwide box office, Quentin Tarantino is sticking with the Western genre for his next film. Appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Tarantino talked about the project.

"I can't talk that much about it, but I will say one thing. I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a Western," he said. "It's not a 'Django' sequel, but it's another Western, and the thing is I had so much fun doing 'Django' and I love Westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'well okay, now let me make another one now I know what I'm doing.'"
Poster :photo:
hatefuleightposter.jpg

Official Teaser Trailer

Last edited:
The First Poster for Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight! :thumbs:

Quentin Tarantino announced at the San Diego Comic-Con last week that he was moving forward on The Hateful Eight, his eighth film, and now The Weinstein Company has released the first poster for the 2015 release.

Set in snowy Wyoming a few years after the Civil War, the film focuses on the tension among a group of people trapped after a blizzard diverts a stagecoach from its route. The group includes a competing pair of bounty hunters, a renegade Confederate soldier and a female prisoner in a saloon.

Read more: The First Poster for Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight - ComingSoon.net

hatefuleightposter-jpg.89047

Last edited:
Really really enjoyed Django so I've got high hopes for this. My only gripe... Quentin, don't give yourself a cameo.... PLEASE!!

Quentin Tarantino set to shoot "Hateful Eight" in Colorado :thumbs:

http://www.denverpost.com/entertain...in-tarantino-set-shoot-hateful-eight-colorado

The state has blessed a $5 million incentive package to help bring production of writer-director Quentin Tarantino's eighth feature film to southwestern Colorado in December.

The state Economic Development Commission approved the package Friday morning, allowing the state to beat out rival locales Utah and Wyoming for filming.

Minutes after approval, state film commissioner Donald Zuckerman signed the necessary contracts so production spending could move forward in the state.

Budgeted at $44 million, Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" would be the most significant production undertaken in the state since the 1969 classic "True Grit" was shot here.

"The whole movie's going to be shot here, exteriors and interiors," Zuckerman said. "They're going to build it on a ranch."

The film's Colorado budget includes $15.7 million for payroll, including a Colorado crew of 168, and $9.35 million in other in-state spending, including lodging. The state rebate of $5 million represents 20 percent of that spending.

Prep work should begin early next month with shooting expected to start on Dec. 8 at the Schmid Ranch, on Wilson Mesa 10 miles west of Telluride. The crew would be housed in Telluride and take a break over the Christmas holiday.

The nearly 900-acre, high-mesa ranch, homesteaded in 1882, is under a conservation easement, which will require that the land be returned to its original state after filming is completed.

Reactions: snowblood
The cast has been officially announced :)

The below is quoted from Firstshowing.net

Hot on the heels of yesterday's news that Channing Tatum was circling a role in The Hateful Eight, the new western from Quentin Tarantino, the official principal cast has been revealed, confirming his role in the film. Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell have been confirmed as the bounty hunter duo Major Marquis Warren and John "The Hangman" Ruth respectively, and other live read cast members who are now locked in are Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray, Michael Madsen as Joe Gage and Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers. And there's one more name too. More below!

Also joining the previously cast female lead played by Jennifer Jason Leigh, will be Demian Bichirplaying the character of Bob. As for Tatum, his role hasn't been disclosed, but ScreenDaily says that his role actually isn't a big one, and he has a smaller appearance later in the film. And if you want more context, here's the official synopsis from the press release:

In THE HATEFUL EIGHT, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie's Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…

Production begins in January with an eye towards the film being finished by the time the Toronto International Film Festival rolls around in the fall. And the film will get a theatrical release, with the widest physical film release in 20 years, sometime after that. Don't forget that one of the teaser posters also touted a roadshow touring the country, so as soon as details about that become available (we've got plenty of time before that happens), we'll be sure to let you know. There will probably be some other names popping up in this film as well, so stay tuned to see how this all pans out. Excited?

Can't wait! :D