The Hateful Eight - In theaters January 8, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
Director: Quentin Tarantino
With: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russel, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and more...

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Quentin Tarantino Says His Next Film Will be a Western!!!
With Django Unchained having earned over $425 million at the worldwide box office, Quentin Tarantino is sticking with the Western genre for his next film. Appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Tarantino talked about the project.

"I can't talk that much about it, but I will say one thing. I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a Western," he said. "It's not a 'Django' sequel, but it's another Western, and the thing is I had so much fun doing 'Django' and I love Westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'well okay, now let me make another one now I know what I'm doing.'"
Poster :photo:
hatefuleightposter.jpg

Official Teaser Trailer

Last edited:
Just read that Tarantino has confirmed that all his films take place in the same universe and characters with some having relations (like the vega brothers - which is old news).

But unless I'm going mad I knew this about 5-6 years ago!
I swear he already confirmed this about it all being the same universe throughout his films (and I don't mean fan theory's)

And I'm pretty sure he already confirmed that in this universe there is another fake universe (movie universe) where they would watch kill bill. (In this he also confirms from dusk till dawn is in that movie universe too)

Anyways apparently someone in the eight is related to someone else in one of his older films and the clue is: • that the actor was originally cast as that character in the other film but they weren’t able to do it due to a scheduling conflict

I can't think at the moment but someone on here will probably guess it

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/quentin-tarantino-claims-all-of-his-films-and-char/397610

I think it's Tim Roth (I did think madsen at first) but apparently roth was cast as fassbenders character in inglorious basterds (aswel as Simon pegg too) who's last name is "Hicox" and when you learn roths real name in hateful eight his surname turns out to be Hicox and is also English

There you go, Roths character from hateful eight is related to fassbenders character in inglorious

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Anyways apparently someone in the eight is related to someone else in one of his older films and the clue is: • that the actor was originally cast as that character in the other film but they weren’t able to do it due to a scheduling conflict

I can't think at the moment but someone on here will probably guess it

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/quentin-tarantino-claims-all-of-his-films-and-char/397610

I think it's Tim Roth (I did think madsen at first) but apparently roth was cast as fassbenders character in inglorious basterds (aswel as Simon pegg too) who's last name is "Hicox" and when you learn roths real name in hateful eight his surname turns out to be Hicox and is also English

There you go, Roths character from hateful eight is related to fassbenders character in inglorious

My first thought was Tim Roth too, and Tarantino has pretty much just confirmed it in this interview...

Reactions: Flloydo
My first thought was Tim Roth too, and Tarantino has pretty much just confirmed it in this interview...

There you go then lol

What do you think he means when he says "it will give away a surprise"?
Is it the whole "he's not who you think he is" thing?

Fassbender in inglorious does well until he gives himself up by putting the wrong 3 fingers up for drinks

But from what i remember with Roth he don't actually get caught out out at first but instead he's found to be suspicious and then goes completely south for him. Only see it once so I need to see it again.

Roth also puts on another accent too (a well spoken Englishman and then his actual voice - common) whereas fassbender is a well spoken Englishman who puts on a German accent. Both pretending to be someone else ending in a standoff.

Wonder if he means that the men in that family line don't have the best luck and also their characters have similar parts in the films.
"In the blood" kind of thing even though one is nice guy and ones a villain

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
There you go then lol

What do you think he means when he says "it will give away a surprise"?
Is it the whole "he's not who you think he is" thing?

Fassbender in inglorious does well until he gives himself up by putting the wrong 3 fingers up for drinks

But from what i remember with Roth he don't actually get caught out out at first but instead he's found to be suspicious and then goes completely south for him. Only see it once so I need to see it again.

Roth also puts on another accent too (a well spoken Englishman and then his actual voice - common) whereas fassbender is a well spoken Englishman who puts on a German accent. Both pretending to be someone else ending in a standoff.

Wonder if he means that the men in that family line don't have the best luck and also their characters have similar parts in the films.
"In the blood" kind of thing even though one is nice guy and ones a villain

Without Googling around for info, I honestly have no idea what the "surprise" he's referring to could be. Like yourself, I've only seen H8 once, and it's also been a while since I last saw IB... I can hardly even remember Fassbender's scene lol. It's probably nothing too exciting, but I'm sure someone will eventually piece everything together for us, because I can't be bothered. :p

Without Googling around for info, I honestly have no idea what the "surprise" he's referring to could be. Like yourself, I've only seen H8 once, and it's also been a while since I last saw IB... I can hardly even remember Fassbender's scene lol. It's probably nothing too exciting, but I'm sure someone will eventually piece everything together for us, because I can't be bothered. :p

Lol fair enough, I won't bother you anymore lol

The fassbender scene is one of the best in the film.
Takes place in the bar when he's supposed to be meeting that actress and he's with a basterd or 2.
They meet the German guys celebrating the German soldiers new born son (I think) and they get on and wish them well but then it goes tits up and the rest of the basterds get involved.
Classic Tarantino slow build up, epic dialogue then boom.... Over

Did the black frenchie die in IB ... havent watched it in a while . (I know....) if not, then perhaps its to Sam Jackson as he's not in IB but he is just for some narration. So he could have perhaps been the one supposed to play .... but on the flip side of that despite how great of an actor that Sam is not sure he would have done a well frenchman

Did the black frenchie die in IB ... havent watched it in a while . (I know....) if not, then perhaps its to Sam Jackson as he's not in IB but he is just for some narration. So he could have perhaps been the one supposed to play .... but on the flip side of that despite how great of an actor that Sam is not sure he would have done a well frenchman

Tarantino has already confirmed it's Roth (noodles posted a video) plus his character has the same surname as fassbenders character in IB

From what I remember the black frenchie didn't die. But I'm not sure it's also been a while

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
The Hateful 8 Clothed 8″ Action Figures

hatefuleight-figures-all-jpg.214954

For Quentin Tarantino’s eighth movie, we have a special treat for fans! Our newest retro clothed action figure line features all eight main characters from The Hateful Eight, and is a limited edition release – only 3,000 of each will be made available globally.

Each fully articulated figure stands 8″ tall and is dressed in intricately tailored fabric clothing, similar to the iconic toy lines of the 1970s. All feature authorized likenesses, and come with character-specific accessories from the movie, like pistols, rifles, shackles, gun belts, holsters, and more, in window box packaging.

Assortment includes:
Major Marquis Warren (The Bounty Hunter) – Samuel L. Jackson
General Sandy Smithers (The Confederate) – Bruce Dern
Joe Gage (The Cow Puncher) – Michael Madsen
Sheriff Chris Mannix (The Sheriff) – Walton Goggins
John Ruth (The Hangman) – Kurt Russell
Oswaldo Mobray (The Little Man) – Tim Roth
Bob (The Mexican) – Demián Bichir
Daisy Domergue (The Prisoner) – Jennifer Jason Leigh
FYI: I created a thread on the 'Collectibles' Section :thumbs: >>>HERE!

popcorn2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
Enjoy ! Interested in your thoughts after you've watched it , especially 70mm , lucky you

Thanks @George Pearce !

It was an unique experience, just because it was my first time watching a film in 70mm. But yes, although I had some doubts and maybe expected to get bored here and then, I really enjoyed it. Both halfs of the film are very different, but equally great. I LOVED the characters (especially of Tim Roth and Walton Goggins) and of course it delivers great directing - I mean, it's QT.

I prefer it to Django Unchained, because although Hateful Eight is way longer, it was better entertainment to me. When it comes to QT (not only to him, but still...) it's all a matter of taste and everyone has a different favourite. Mine's still Inglourious Basterds.

However, I recommend watching his new film on the big screen!

Thanks @George Pearce !

It was an unique experience, just because it was my first time watching a film in 70mm. But yes, although I had some doubts and maybe expected to get bored here and then, I really enjoyed it. Both halfs of the film are very different, but equally great. I LOVED the characters (especially of Tim Roth and Walton Goggins) and of course it delivers great directing - I mean, it's QT.

I prefer it to Django Unchained, because although Hateful Eight is way longer, it was better entertainment to me. When it comes to QT (not only to him, but still...) it's all a matter of taste and everyone has a different favourite. Mine's still Inglourious Basterds.

However, I recommend watching his new film on the big screen!

Glad you enjoyed it , one of my favourite movies of his and just disappointed I couldn't view it in 70mm but I'll most likely buy it on release .
Very few write dialogue like Tarantino and while it did veer a bit into self indulgence it hit the spot on plenty of occasions for me .

Glad you enjoyed it , one of my favourite movies of his and just disappointed I couldn't view it in 70mm but I'll most likely buy it on release .
Very few write dialogue like Tarantino and while it did veer a bit into self indulgence it hit the spot on plenty of occasions for me .

Indeed. Not my favourite, but certainly a great film. What kinda disappointed me was the soundtrack. Yeah, it was good, but I LOVED all of the soundtracks for his other films.

Indeed. Not my favourite, but certainly a great film. What kinda disappointed me was the soundtrack. Yeah, it was good, but I LOVED all of the soundtracks for his other films.
Agree with that , Oscar nominated but that's more on reputation for me , loved the white stripes song though in the stagecoach .

Have to agree that the music wasn't the best for this film (still great choices and score but not as good as his previous films)

Also loved apple blossom at the start too

Reactions: Back to the Matrix
Have to agree that the music wasn't the best for this film (still great choices and score but not as good as his previous films)

Yes, that's the point I think. If you go to the movies and get a soundtrack like this - very nice. But if you go see a QT movie, you expect the soundtrack to be spectacular - and it wasn't in my opinion.