The Hateful Eight - In theaters January 8, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
Director: Quentin Tarantino
With: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russel, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and more...

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Quentin Tarantino Says His Next Film Will be a Western!!!
With Django Unchained having earned over $425 million at the worldwide box office, Quentin Tarantino is sticking with the Western genre for his next film. Appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Tarantino talked about the project.

"I can't talk that much about it, but I will say one thing. I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a Western," he said. "It's not a 'Django' sequel, but it's another Western, and the thing is I had so much fun doing 'Django' and I love Westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'well okay, now let me make another one now I know what I'm doing.'"
Poster :photo:
hatefuleightposter.jpg

Official Teaser Trailer

Last edited:
Watched this last night, personally not the best Tarantino movie but it's definitely worth watching, Kurt Russell was made for westerns but Samuel Jackson and Jennifer Jason Leigh stole the show.
I watched it too and completely agree with you... it's one of QT's weaker films, but still pretty enjoyable. He's my favourite director and there's not a single film of his that I don't like, but I was really starting to worry during the first half of the movie, because I found it be as slow as a stagecoach. As usual, the dialogue was top-notch throughout though, and I also agree that SLJ and JJL were awesome! Hopefully I enjoy it more on rewatch, as was the case with Death Proof, which I really disliked at first, but now love! :D

I thought this was a masterpiece.

I'm a sucker for Tarantino dialogue and blood shed and this paid off.
It is slow but great.
The 3 hours felt like an hour for me and was completely gripped. it's also very different to his other films (for me) with a lot of things going on in the room at once including dialogue (and things going on in the background) which he don't usually do apart from the main fight in kill bill.

For me it's a mix of reservoir dogs (the one room thing) and inglorious (the slow build)

Russell, Jackson and Leigh all stole the show and Roth and the sheriff guy were awesome too.

Very happy with it, can't wait to watch it again and add it to my Tarantino collection

This was very good but not great. This movie really plays more like a who-done-it mystery game or like the group card game Mafia. That's the good part, but that's the last 90 minutes.

The first 100 minutes are bit too slow as it focuses on character building. While it's not a bad thing because all the actors are great in this, it feels very forced, like explaining the rules of a board game to a newbie player. But Tarantino's dialogue and great acting makes this slow part still very watchable and engaging. Fans of Death Proof will probably enjoy this slow burn dialogue portion the most. The last 90 minutes is up there with other classic Tarantino movies. The performances were amazing from everyone, but I personally loved Goggins and Roth in their roles the most. Not much action, but it was very bloody and violent when needed to be. The humor was dark and good and the choice of the 70mm intermission was spot on. To me this all averages out to be a very good movie.

Speaking of 70mm, this was really nice to see on that format. I haven't seen too many films in 70mm, so I definitely see the appeal now. I just don't think this movie made the most of the super widescreen presentation. But the 70mm is still definitely worth it for this movie and if you are interested in seeing this movie, see it in 70mm. Also, if you can catch the Roadshow this week, they hand out collectible programs/booklets that are very cool. Each program has a different character poster in the middle which is fun (mine was Samuel L Jackson). Not sure if the program is limited to only the Roadshow showings, so you might want to hurry to a showing if you want a guaranteed one.

If you're a Tarantino fan you need to see this, even though I would rate it the middle of the pack of his filmography. Very good and definitely worth it for the 70mm experience.

Got to see this tonight in 70mm. Really cool to see it that way.
Not my favorite Tarantino film... But it was still good. Maybe a touch too gory for my taste.

Overall a fun theater going experience. The sold out crowd was pumped.

Reactions: Sigill
I thought this was a masterpiece.

I'm a sucker for Tarantino dialogue and blood shed and this paid off.
It is slow but great.
The 3 hours felt like an hour for me and was completely gripped. it's also very different to his other films (for me) with a lot of things going on in the room at once including dialogue (and things going on in the background) which he don't usually do apart from the main fight in kill bill.

For me it's a mix of reservoir dogs (the one room thing) and inglorious (the slow build)

Russell, Jackson and Leigh all stole the show and Roth and the sheriff guy were awesome too.

Very happy with it, can't wait to watch it again and add it to my Tarantino collection
You sir are bang on the money! :thumbs::thumbs:

I saw it Wednesday evening in all it's 70mm glory.

I loved it and never wanted it to end!

I drove 500 miles and for 10 hours to see it. I had the time of my life, never knew anything could be so beautiful!

12418802_1547959898862661_5055861118697210949_o.jpg

Only screen in Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana that had it.

12356849_1537200376605280_269347346508843766_o.jpg

11050632_1517093155282669_4921351164122475406_o.png

920825_1543208642671120_295775955518504804_o.jpg

21615_10208901753489873_2692811936030625016_n.jpg

10560338_10153825938528210_5942230432524112682_o.jpg

Now if I was going to release 4k blu-ray this is the sort of film I'd be delivering to the public films that can truly take advantage of the 4k format. Not the garbage Sony and co have planned for 4k release.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Since seeing the movie I find it very odd .... and slightly a pet peeve that some of the posters have scenes that NEVER happened. Interesting.... one just a piece bunch of stuff together photoshop(right) and the left and minimalist art poster never had a scene where Kurt and her are walking up to everyone outside. But of course it made for a better poster to show the 8 silhouettes. Anywho ...just something I noticed.

panel-de-the-hateful-eight-de-la-sdcci-2015.png
tumblr_o05e5jsLTe1v2bvfro1_500.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Since seeing the movie I find it very odd .... and slightly a pet peeve that some of the posters have scenes that NEVER happened. Interesting.... one just a piece bunch of stuff together photoshop(right) and the left and minimalist art poster never had a scene where Kurt and her are walking up to everyone outside. But of course it made for a better poster to show the 8 silhouettes. Anywho ...just something I noticed.

panel-de-the-hateful-eight-de-la-sdcci-2015.png
tumblr_o05e5jsLTe1v2bvfro1_500.jpg

I think you may be reading too far into the pictures but yeah they are not in the film. The artworks kinda make sense to me outside, showing all 8 characters inside on a poster may be a little cramped (and not gone for a Jackie brown style). you can show a lot more from the outside and more spaced out, also looks more dramatic.
The famous poster for pulp fiction with thurman on the bed with the gun don't happen in the film.

Also that first poster (which I really like - would look great on a full slip) if you look closely it looks like the characters at the top are the ambush and some look like they are about to draw their weapon and attack. Quite clever and more noticeable after you seen the film for obvious reasons lol