The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - In theaters December 17, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
With Martin Freeman, Ian McKelen, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and much much more...

Trailer:

20110601_the_hobbit.jpg hobbittitle.jpg The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg

Attachments

• The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11,146
Last edited:
Please... oh PLEASE!!!!
I'm a huggge fan, loved both first movies but we need this one to be as good as ROTK to get the proper feedback this series deserves!!!!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I had a thought, after this movie comes out, would it be possible to edit the 3 films into one and still make it coherent?
I mean Peter Jackson god bless him, I'm actually okay with this trilogy.
From 7.5hr films to 3 at most.. thats alot to cut

Legolas and whats her name and whats his name love triangle, cut.
Gandalf and Necromancer plot, cut.

@bloodsnake007 Actually... i just realized something... This is the FINAL poster. For the whole middle earth saga. thats it. no more. last one. ....:( *sheds a tear.
@kaw When you put it that way... :( *sheds many tears!* :cry: I just can't believe the end of this saga is near... time sure does fly by, before we know it we'll be talking about the Blu-Ray release! :squint: :sorry: Speaking of which, I sure would love to see a Steelbook/Slip/or Digibook Cover with the art of the Final Poster! :thumbs:
If you read the books, you are aware that this SHOULD be one **** of an EPIC ending!
@Drum18 I didn't read 'The Hobbit'! :emb: :sorry: So I can't fu**ing wait to see the EPIC Conclusion!!! I just know it'll be one wild ride! :notworthy: 2 months to go!!! :D

The Lord of the Rings' Billy Boyd Performs End Title Song for The Hobbit! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124405

Gearing up for the December 17, 2014, release of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens announced today that Billy Boyd will perform the film's end title song, "The Last Goodbye," which he co-wrote with the filmmakers.

In making the announcement, the filmmakers stated, "It is hard, after 16 years and six films, to know exactly how to say goodbye. We knew that we wanted to speak directly to all those who have taken this journey with us, especially to the fans whose love of these films has so often kept us going. This is why we asked Billy Boyd, who has been with us from the very beginning, and whose portrayal as Peregrin Took in 'The Lord of the Rings' films is so beloved, to help write and perform the final song in this trilogy. Billy is not just a wonderful actor but also an extremely accomplished singer/songwriter - we are so glad he agreed once again to share his talent with us.

"There is always something simple and truthful and heartfelt running through even the grandest of the tales of Professor Tolkien. As Thorin tells Bilbo at the end of The Hobbit, if the world valued song and cheer above gold it would be a merrier place. As much as 'The Battle of the Five Armies' is an epic story about war and sacrifice and loss, it is also a personal tale about the importance of friendship and family and home.

"'The Last Goodbye,' performed by Billy Boyd, is both a farewell to Middle-earth and it is also our leave-taking of the audience. We cannot imagine a more perfect voice to carry us away from the shores of Middle-earth... one last time."

Billy Boyd reflects, "I wanted the song to be a goodbye to all the fans who have been part of this amazing journey and to the whole world of Tolkien as it has been told in the cinema for our generation. No one knows the world of Tolkien better than Peter, Fran and Philippa, and I feel incredibly touched and honored to be asked to write and perform this song, and to be at the start and end of these beautiful, historic stories. To once again work so closely with them has been one of the true honors of my working life."

The soundtrack to The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, featuring "The Last Goodbye" performed by Billy Boyd, is available now for Pre-Order!

Hobbit3_Special Edition Soundtrack.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: Drum18
When it scored the title "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies," you knew the final film in "The Hobbit" trilogy would feature a massive battle. Just how massive though has come to light - it's approximately 45 minutes of screen time.

Jackson tells EW: "There’s a lot of logistics that have to be thought through. We have dwarves and men and elves and orcs, all with different cultures, with different weapons, and different shields and patterns and tactics."