The Hunger Games Complete Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 31, 2015
Liverpool, England
Release date: March 21, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £32.99
Notes: Amazon UK Exclusive SteelBook with Magnetic Lenticular. Containing all 4 films.

91FqCqkVbnL._SY550_.jpg

91LMd0C-OiL._SL1500_.jpg 812o+VX+E6L._SL1500_.jpg 91F+YpcxKiL._SL1500_.jpg

3D Magnetic Lenticular
51i3HFTwX-L.jpg 71oKzUclNKL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered this when first announced - in part because my hoped for "Mockingjay: Parts 1&2" double steel didn't materialise :(

Not sure what to feel about the pale lenticular for this dark steel (no matter how excellent it is) as it doesn't seem 'necessary' and there is an obvious colour clash of the pate lenti against the surrounding dark colours of the steel but thank God it's full-height or else it would have been just awful.
Furthermore, he image underneath is just fine and dandy and doesn't need another image on top which breaks up the continuity of the four matching images throughout (which is rare in itself).
If there had to be a magnet I'd have preferred the image to be the similar if not identical to that on the steelbook itself - pretty face with some depth to the image would have been nice but it would have even better (IMO) with one of those TRANSFORMING lentis in the style of the lenti on the "Benjamin Button" Amaray slipcover - on that Brad Pitt transforms into Cate Blanchette and vice versa - in this case it could be Jennifer Lawrence transforming into Josh Hutcherson or Liam Hemsworth :thumbs:

On the other hand, got to appreciate the "more bang for your bucks" and the choice to have either the steelbook image or the lenti image on display will be a crowd-pleaser :thumbs:

Not come across a steelbook with a full height lenti before but I'm guessing it will have a flat front with no framing border and no 'bossing at all in the style of futurepaks or some of the other 4 disc steelbook releases (such as THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 1&2, THE BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION and the ALIEN ANTHOLOGY) and not in the style of the other 4-disc steelbooks (THE GODFATHER TRILOGY and THE HANGOVER TRILOGY) with framing borders and 'bossing ?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: travid
I have just cancelled my order
I'm sure it's going to look fantastic the steelbook
I decided to cancel because I already have steelbooks for the previous films and the price of €45.00 made me think twice

They still have lot of stock available and I'm going to wait till I see actual in hand Video and a price drop if it happens

I'm not in a rush to get this at the moment it can wait and I added up the cost of releases I have on Pre Order for next 2 weeks and it came to a big amount and I have GB buys to pay for

GB orders and other releases I want to keep take priority over this and some other releases I also cancelled

cancelled mine earlier this week as I'd rather wait til payday than put this on credit card.
Plus, would also like to see some in hand pictures first too