The Incredibles (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Pixar Collection #10) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Incredibles
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

Note: As of 2:46pm EST on 12/13 we are told the 24.99 GBP price is an error caused by an IT issue that is being worked on at the moment. It has also been relayed that anyone that orders now will receive the 19.99 GBP price.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11058522-1418408088-701822.jpg

11058522-1418408088-701868.jpg11058522-1418408088-701833.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701874.jpg
incredibles_zavvi.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701890.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are taking the absolute p*ss with this, bugs life, all pirates, wall e and ratatouille.
Why the sudden price increase?!

Zavvi's service has been **** lately anyway. They clearly only care about money and not about customer satisfaction and they don't particularly try to hide that.

I think the price increase is quite a good idea. For ages we have moaned about how annoyed we get when we buy a steel and a couple of weeks later the price drops. I think it should be done on preorders - one per person and once they are released they can't be bought except on eBay or from the retailer for a high price. Maybe even add other bits like art cards, slip covers, etc. if you don't like it then don't buy it. Let's make steelbooks special again.

How is a limited supply of 4000 copies and a price of 20 pounds (for films that can often be bought for half that price on non-steelbook blu-ray) not special enough?

I think the price increase is quite a good idea. For ages we have moaned about how annoyed we get when we buy a steel and a couple of weeks later the price drops. I think it should be done on preorders - one per person and once they are released they can't be bought except on eBay or from the retailer for a high price. Maybe even add other bits like art cards, slip covers, etc. if you don't like it then don't buy it. Let's make steelbooks special again.

Sorry mate, but if they read comments like that they are likely to start believing their own sad delusions!

They're generally overpriced to start with, and generally only sell out because. A. lots of silly buggers on fleabay still persist in ordering twenty copies each, and B. zavvi hold back a quantity for various, often nefarious reasons.
This is why the majority of titles end up being reduced until the profit margins disappear these days.

Unfortunately Zavvi really don't appear to understand the nature of the game, and go for the age old pile 'em high routine; whereas Film Arena go for small quantities with good packaging at resonable prices - and they seem to walk out of the door.
Overall, the message to Zavvi is there are too many steelbooks coming out too quickly, the quality is often questionable, and the prices are very often ridiculously inflated - even without artificially jacking them up!

Fewer titles, better quality, better price control and limited availability per customer is all achievable, and has to be the way forward for a sustainable market.

edited for typos.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ IXS
Crazy talk.....:D

ANIMATION ZBOX
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99!

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox/offer.list?utm_source=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&affil=thgemail&utm_content=TCMemail

Offer
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99! Simply add your choice to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.

Last edited:
ANIMATION ZBOX
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99!
I was thinking just yesterday I bet the price has gone up because they're going to only sell the rest of the stock with an upcoming ZBOX. Guess I was right.
Zavvi get worse and worse with their ridiculous tactics in my opinion.

ANIMATION ZBOX

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox/offer.list?utm_source=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&affil=thgemail&utm_content=TCMemail

Offer
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99! Simply add your choice to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.
Why put the incredibles steelbook apart of the offer its OOS?