The Incredibles (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Pixar Collection #10) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Incredibles
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

Note: As of 2:46pm EST on 12/13 we are told the 24.99 GBP price is an error caused by an IT issue that is being worked on at the moment. It has also been relayed that anyone that orders now will receive the 19.99 GBP price.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11058522-1418408088-701822.jpg

11058522-1418408088-701868.jpg11058522-1418408088-701833.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701874.jpg
incredibles_zavvi.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701890.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does zavvi inventory system not account for the cancellations then?
No, Zavvi don't have a real-time stock system. Which for a website operating in 2014... (almost 2015!) is absolutely ridiculous.

It's one of the most basic requirements for an eCommerce store in my opinion.

Then again, they don't let you change your address or payment method after placing an order either, which just goes to show how useless their systems are.
They seem to have attempted to make their site look better, but haven't actually added any of the much needed functionality improvements.

I'd rather have their website look as it did but actually allow you to change your address/billing information...
The stupid thing is that it'd be ridiculously easy to program the functionality to allow you to change your address at the very least.

Last edited:
I agree, most would maybe even prefer the Viva, this steelbook has the same exact art as the amaray release and very vanilla. Not to mention that Incredibles is nowhere close to the popularity of Roger Rabbit. These will be back in stock at zavvi, just a matter of time.

Not to mention that Incredibles is nowhere close to the popularity of Roger Rabbit. These will be back in stock at zavvi, just a matter of time.

You have got to be kidding. If you have ever taken a trip to Disney, you would see that THE INCREDIBLES is still hugely popular today. Roger Rabbit, is hardly referenced at all in today's pop culture.

I adore ROGER RABBIT, but it has not aged well as it was one of the last films made pre-CGI. It was hugely successful in its day, but that day has passed and its franchise will need a reboot if it is to be relevant to today's audiences.

Due to turrets and asbergers, there's little chance Roger would today be fit to do a remake. And with the sad passing of other cast members, that would only leave jessica. The rumour however is that she has a prescription drug addiction so that's unlikely also.

Does zavvi inventory system not account for the cancellations then?

It would appear not. They seem to have to perform some sort of manual reconciliation to work out how many they have available for sale!

You would think a big corporation would have a real time inventory system.

Agreed!

Then again, they don't let you change your address or payment method after placing an order either, which just goes to show how useless their systems are.
They seem to have attempted to make their site look better, but haven't actually added any of the much needed functionality improvements.

I'd rather have their website look as it did but actually allow you to change your address/billing information...
The stupid thing is that it'd be ridiculously easy to program the functionality to allow you to change your address at the very least.

Agree with everything you say here. Zavvi have advised me that "Once an order has been placed we do not allow customers to change the address for security reasons.". That was the same rationale 3Mobile gave me about 18 months ago when they had my address recorded incorrectly, but when I pointed out that they were contravening Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act, they soon changed their tune!

Also, as one of the other Ninjas has pointed out, Amazon allow you to change your address details, but ask you to reconfirm your card details to check that it is actually you requesting the change. That overcomes the security issue. I can see what Zavvi are trying to protect against, and that's someone re-diverting your orders to a different address without your knowledge i.e. fraud. But, as Amazon and 3Mobile have discovered, there ARE ways of doing this that both minimise the risk of fraud AND ensure compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.

I have asked Zavvi to explain how their policy complies with the Act, especially as the Information Commissioners Office cites the following example on their website: "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location"!

You have got to be kidding. If you have ever taken a trip to Disney, you would see that THE INCREDIBLES is still hugely popular today. Roger Rabbit, is hardly referenced at all in today's pop culture.

I adore ROGER RABBIT, but it has not aged well as it was one of the last films made pre-CGI. It was hugely successful in its day, but that day has passed and its franchise will need a reboot if it is to be relevant to today's audiences.

I go to Disneyland and Disney World often, matter of fact when I was just at Disneyland in August, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin had a wait time of 1 hour and 15 minutes. I didn't see any ride or attraction for the Incredibles, but my nieces did wait all of 3 minutes to meet them for a photo and autograph. By far the shortest line for any character, and there was 4 of them...

That's a killer; I'll be in my new place come May next Year (probably moving Feb/March time) and if this has sold out by then, because of Zavvi's total and utter incompetence on letting its customers (for customers read as 'the people who actually stop their business going under') change their address- something you'd expect any online retailer to be able to offer- it means i'll have to pay over the odds on eBay. Fantastic!!

Amen to that! Sometimes you wonder whether or not they pull stunts like this on purpose just to piss off their customers- Like you said, surely it isn't rocket science (incidentally, heard that phrase used so many times before and think that's the first time I've used it myself- anyone know what rocket science entails??!!?)

Was hoping this would stick around a while. It's a pity Zavvi still won't allow us to change addresses. I would rely on post redirection, if not for the horror stories.

To paraphrase Bob Parr "It' cancellation time".

All. See my latest update in the retailer thread - Zavvi - Retailer chat[Europe]. Essentially, the ICO has encouraged me to encourage people in your situation to submit formal complaints to Zavvi and themselves ([email protected]). If they receive enough, then they might actually do something about it!

Last edited:
Hope the sequel comes out soon and lives up to the expectations as the first which was totally awesome... [emoji41]

What the heck? I just noticed that Zavvi charged me the MSRP price of 24.99 for this, when the price clearly states 19.99. Can I trust them to honor the lower price? Somehow I'm skeptical, afterall, it's Zavvi.

What the heck? I just noticed that Zavvi charged me the MSRP price of 24.99 for this, when the price clearly states 19.99. Can I trust them to honor the lower price? Somehow I'm skeptical, afterall, it's Zavvi.
I've never known them to honour it upfront, you'll have to contact them to claim it back. Take screen caps for proof.

I've never known them to honour it upfront, you'll have to contact them to claim it back. Take screen caps for proof.

So, in other words, they eff up, and now I have to waste my time to get my money back (once charged) because they simply can't run an efficient business. Sorry to be off topic but their customer service is ABYSMAL.