The Lego Movie

Would you buy a steelbook for 'The Lego Movie'?

• Yes

Votes: 134 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Yes, but only if it includes 3D

Votes: 32 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2012
Would you buy a Steelbook for 'The Lego Movie'?

Geek Tragedy's mock ups (this is unofficial fan work.)
lu03.jpg

hx63.jpg

Noodles' mock up (this is unofficial fan work.)
17LegoMovieSC_zps6305705d.png

Last edited:
This is possibly the most stressful mock-up I've done... I came up with about ten different outcomes before deciding on this one.

So, here's my attempt:

I tried to use the official 'Lego Movie' logo, but it just didn't look right for the style I went with. I even went as far as creating the logo below from scratch, which I didn't use in the end (feel free to use it yourself, if you wish). :)

LegoLogo_zps6a8b6ae1.png

This is possibly the most stressful mock-up I've done... I came up with about ten different outcomes before deciding on this one.

So, here's my attempt:

I tried to use the official 'Lego Movie' logo, but it just didn't look right for the style I went with. I even went as far as creating the logo below from scratch, which I didn't use in the end (feel free to use it yourself, if you wish). :)

LegoLogo_zps6a8b6ae1.png

Fully embossed.

Reactions: Noodles
LOVE that design Noodles, fantastic job.
Thanks bud. :D

Fully embossed.
Of course!

Needs more spaceship man noodles
I'm yet to actually see the film... is he a main character? I did do a version using him though, but I didn't like it (colours didn't flow too well with other art). :(

Looks great but I have a feeling that none of the home releases will use the DC characters in the packaging.
Good point. The back art of one of my scrapped concepts was purely Batman too... will be a shame if they don't use any of the DC characters at all on the official artwork.

Thanks bud. :D

Of course!

I'm yet to actually see the film... is he a main character? I did do a version using him though, but I didn't like it (colours didn't flow too well with other art). :(

Good point. The back art of one of my scrapped concepts was purely Batman too... will be a shame if they don't use any of the DC characters at all on the official artwork.
oh right fair enough! No hes not too big but he plays a bigger role then the green lantern, he is in the main "crew"

What if they actually did emboss all the Lego spots and you could actually connect Legos to your steelbook?!?!

Reactions: Skog
I hope that whoever is going to make this steelbook knows that if they don't emboss the sh*t out of it to make it look like a lego brick, they throw away the best opportunity in steelbook design ever. ever. ever.

Yep. this SB represents a great opportunity to really "wow" us.

Reactions: Skog
Status
Not open for further replies.