The Lion King (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #26) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: The Lion King
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 638
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received my copy... Generally I like it. Nice gloss, simple emboss, but yeah, it looks a little dark. Compared to the brightness of something like 'Tangled' - the colours look a little washed out here. But it's still a nice effort. I just hope 'Beauty' makes up for it.

Reactions: lgans316
I really like this steel, I think it's one of the best ones so far. Wonderful character art as well, they actually look like they do in the movie, unlike with a bunch of other Classics releases. The back looks great too, I think, but I agree it could have been something else, like a "headshot" of Mufasa in the clouds with the blue sky from the poster, or - to fit with the orange front - from the movie with the bright orange and the swirling clouds :)

No delivery today
I better has this on Monday
I don't like when there is a delay when been delivered as it means its in transit for longer period and more chances of getting damaged

Quite disappointed with the embossing on this one sadly.

I was in Sainsbury's a few days ago and I saw a tin of biscuits with perfectly aligned embossing. It's a beauty especially for a £4 tin of Cadbury chocolate biscuits! Great matte finish too. I'm just surprised Disney can't get embossing right. Maybe Cadbury should start releasing Steelbooks?

I'm also surprised no one called security, I couldn't stop touching that damn thing!

Quite disappointed with the embossing on this one sadly.

I was in Sainsbury's a few days ago and I saw a tin of biscuits with perfectly aligned embossing. It's a beauty especially for a £4 tin of Cadbury chocolate biscuits! Great matte finish too. I'm just surprised Disney can't get embossing right. Maybe Cadbury should start releasing Steelbooks?

I'm also surprised no one called security, I couldn't stop touching that damn thing!

Brilliant post.

Since collecting steelbooks I admire embossing and debossing more on other items. My friend has the foxes biscuit tin with the gangsta panda and it's got amazing embossing. No miss alignment.

My copy came equipped with dodgy paint smudges on the front, I asked for a replacement copy which Zavvi replied with an apology for delaying the dispatch. o_O

I then had to rephrase my request into robot speak, politely asked for a replacement or a returns label. They didn't even attempt to deny the availability of the Steelbook and straight up sent a returns label. I digress. :facepalm:

Reactions: gaeljet
My copy came equipped with dodgy paint smudges on the front, I asked for a replacement copy which Zavvi replied with an apology for delaying the dispatch. o_O

I then had to rephrase my request into robot speak, politely asked for a replacement or a returns label. They didn't even attempt to deny the availability of the Steelbook and straight up sent a returns label. I digress. :facepalm:

Was that a opened steelbook or still sealed steelbook

You gave them the option to just send you a returns label by mentioning it
You should have just made it clear you only want a replacement for your damaged steelbook and not mention anything about a returns label

Was that a opened steelbook or still sealed steelbook

You gave them the option to just send you a returns label by mentioning it
You should have just made it clear you only want a replacement for your damaged steelbook

Unsealed. First message I selected "I would like a replacement" and never mentioned a returns label until the second email. I was offered a 10% refund, I didn't decline I just asked if they had a replacement copy if not a returns label. They then apologised for the delay in dispatching it, even though I uploaded a picture of it in-hand.

It's silly I have to watch the way I phrase things just in case their computer picks up on the word "return". :banghead:

Unsealed. First message I selected "I would like a replacement" and never mentioned a returns label until the second email. I was offered a 10% refund, I didn't decline I just asked if they had a replacement copy if not a returns label. They then apologised for the delay in dispatching it, even though I uploaded a picture of it in-hand.

It's silly I have to watch the way I phrase things just in case their computer picks up on the word "return". :banghead:

If it makes you feel any better dude, I only managed to get a returns label for Maleficent from Zavvi last week, and they still haven't processed my refund! :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better dude, I only managed to get a returns label for Maleficent from Zavvi last week, and they still haven't processed my refund! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that bud, let them know about it on Twitter @zavvihelp. I think Zavvi are the only ones who can't say "Christmas is the busiest time of the year" as an excuse for the crap customer service. :sour: :banghead:

you ordered after the first shipping steels or before?
I ordered on the first day it went live months ago
It was despatched on the 4th of Dec

Snow White was also despatched on the 4th and I only got delivery on Monday 15th

I hope Lion King is delivered by end of the week

The Lion King is my favourite animated film of all time, so I'm very happy with this release. Thank you to Zavvi for not only putting together a great SteelBook, but for also sending me a mint copy that actually wasn't bent in half by the postman. :)
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg