Premium Supporter
Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Release date: December 20, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

5623510_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The amaray is $19.99. You know Best Buy would not charge $19.99 for a steelbook even if 4K was not being included. The price differential for including the 4K disc in the steelbook is $5-$7. I'm sure someone on this forum would buy the 4K disc for that much, if not more. Sure it costs more to buy because 4K is included but, the days are long over where BB charges the same price for steels as they do with amarays for new releases.

The amaray is $19.99. You know Best Buy would not charge $19.99 for a steelbook even if 4K was not being included. The price differential for including the 4K disc in the steelbook is $5-$7. I'm sure someone on this forum would buy the 4K disc for that much, if not more. Sure it costs more to buy because 4K is included but, the days are long over where BB charges the same price for steels as they do with amarays for new releases.
No, the 4K releases are different. But the non 4K and non Marvel/Disney steels are still comparable to the amaray release. Hell, the steelbook for The Martian is $17.99 and the amaray is $27.99 for the same exact content.

No, the 4K releases are different. But the non 4K and non Marvel/Disney steels are still comparable to the amaray release. Hell, the steelbook for The Martian is $17.99 and the amaray is $27.99 for the same exact content.

You're right. They also charge more for DC. So in this case it's a $10 price difference between the amaray and steelbook. BB is charging more because it's a steelbook though because you could pick up the 4K UHD BD amaray for $26.99.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
With any luck I should get this in the mail today.

you can sign your email or phone # up at usps.com for alerts for all packages that go to your address. So I just assume you arent, but its very useful as basically in the morning you get an email that says "out for delivery"

you can sign your email or phone # up at usps.com for alerts for all packages that go to your address. So I just assume you arent, but its very useful as basically in the morning you get an email that says "out for delivery"
I use the AfterShip app on my phone It's pretty accurate, but sometimes it takes a few hours for things to update system side.

I read a review and it gave high marks on the 4K bd disc. I'm sure the bd disc is also pretty good. It's a blind buy for me so I'm excited to check it out.

I use the AfterShip app on my phone It's pretty accurate, but sometimes it takes a few hours for things to update system side.

well usps service is free. and its fast. I literally am in basement when I get a message that pacakge is delivered and I can take a package to my door and then she is at my door and we trade. lol. So its pretty reliable in timing too. ie. immediate.

Must be busy this time of year. Mail running extra late shifts today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: kaw
Thanks for the pics @dfoles

At least it's not bare metal/silver on the inside but for the price they are asking, the lack of inside art is a let down.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Thanks for the pics @dfoles

At least it's not bare metal/silver on the inside but for the price they are asking, the lack of inside art is a let down.
Yeah, that was surprising. I actually said "really?" Out loud when I opened it. I expect this from a $14.99 pop art steelbook. Not a $29.99 4K steelbook.

Last edited: