Premium Supporter
Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Release date: December 20, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

5623510_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it there should be copies left due to the inclusion of 4k and the high price. I have one for pickup just want to make sure I can swap it out if they picked up a damaged copy for me.

I take it there should be copies left due to the inclusion of 4k and the high price. I have one for pickup just want to make sure I can swap it out if they picked up a damaged copy for me.
Surprisingly they had a lot less copies than suicide squad when that released, and I went around 10 this morning. Then again, I guess thats because this movie was better than suicide squad, at least in my opinion.

Surprisingly they had a lot less copies than suicide squad when that released, and I went around 10 this morning. Then again, I guess thats because this movie was better than suicide squad, at least in my opinion.

Holiday hours actually probably I forgot Best Buy opens at 8 this week and showed up at 9:30 when I remembered if you showed up at 10 for both Suicide Squad and Magnificent 7 this time Best Buy had been open 2 hours and had time to sell copies. A couple years ago I almost got screwed with an Underworld or Resident Evil with the same thing that they disappeared by 10 because of Holiday hours (I pulled it up on my phone after the store stocker kept telling me they were all sold out and I could see it said they were available on the app for pick up so I put it in for pick up and guess what in 20 minutes one magically appeared from the back room)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles

They probably had 5 copies left when I went after work. Good thing they did because of course the copy that was picked for me had a weird black color spine slash. Looking forward to checking this out!

They probably had 5 copies left when I went after work. Good thing they did because of course the copy that was picked for me had a weird black color spine slash. Looking forward to checking this out!

Oh the very first copy i picked, even after about 5 minutes of examining it, had a dent in the corner. Luckily for me I tore the plastic off only around the corner and I was able to swap it out.

I hate how every time i go to open a best buy Steelbook I have to hold my breath in hopes nothing is wrong with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap
Oh the very first copy i picked, even after about 5 minutes of examining it, had a dent in the corner. Luckily for me I tore the plastic off only around the corner and I was able to swap it out.

I hate how every time i go to open a best buy Steelbook I have to hold my breath in hopes nothing is wrong with it.

I noticed after I got home that my copy has a weird impression mark on the back towards the top. It's hard to notice so I'm just going to stick with it and I don't feel like going back and explaining what's wrong with the steelbook, even though I live close by to the store. But I totally agree. Too many issues with buying steelbooks from Best Buy.

I noticed after I got home that my copy has a weird impression mark on the back towards the top. It's hard to notice so I'm just going to stick with it and I don't feel like going back and explaining what's wrong with the steelbook, even though I live close by to the store. But I totally agree. Too many issues with buying steelbooks from Best Buy.

Haha I always feel so silly going back to the best buy to explain some minor defects because they look at me like I'm crazy. I normally drive to another best that's not too far from the one i buy from just return things haha

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap and dfoles
A bit disappointed with this one, now that I have it in hand - rather would see a premium steelbook (or at least something with a couple of interesting effects), rather than jacking up the price to include the 4K transfer...

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
I thought it actually might be the nice matte finish like most of Europe gets. We continue to get the crap matte finish
Suicide Squad had a nice matte finish with its spot gloss. This is not the same finish as that matte unfortunately.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker