The Magnificent Seven (2016) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #63) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 25,2017 (Standard) February 27, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 999 CZK (FAC)
Note: FAC edition limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

15391522_1200556580061316_2106151826902381705_o.jpg

15384405_1193979190719055_1799132603508866715_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, this movie is so damn average/stupid it's just not true.

I mean :
I send my men to die. After that I'll bring in the big guns (gatling gun)
We should have cool fight between 2 indians. No. It's cut short. To show more bang bang.
Those tents are sure to be trap. Nevermind, I'll send my men in to be killed with shovels. Gatling gun would have wasted all in those tents.
I have all the time in the world, but I won't start a siege. Block access to water etc. No I'll send my men in blindly.

etc etc etc. This movie is beyond stupid.

Their releases are brilliant , sadly I watched the movie earlier and can't bring myself to buy it.
A lot of gun twirling , too much for my liking, had more fun trying to match the new cast to the old ones.
If they brought out the 60's one I'd be all over it.

Or better still Seven Samurai - the original, and only masterpiece of the "7" films - I have the BFI steelbook, but a full premium package is what it truly deserves.

Come to think of it, a whole raft of Kuroswa in premium steelbook packaging is long overdue . . . . Rash-mon, Ran, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress . . . .

But not as much as the 1960 version, and that less so than Seven Samurai :)

But then, I'm a purist :whistle::naughty: :)

It is not only that you're purist, you also have good taste. I am a fan of the 60's version. Unfortunately I never watched Kurosawa's version. I hope this new version to be at least entertaining. Expect something beyond that would be naiveness from my part. But I support any new initiative in the western genre. And I like the emsemble of actors gathered here. :thumbs:

Reactions: JackRegan
Or better still Seven Samurai - the original, and only masterpiece of the "7" films - I have the BFI steelbook, but a full premium package is what it truly deserves.

Come to think of it, a whole raft of Kuroswa in premium steelbook packaging is long overdue . . . . Rash-mon, Ran, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress . . . .

I thought that when they released the steelbook for Seven Samurai, we'd get a whole slew of Kurosawa or Kurosawa/ Mifune films on Steelbook but.... Guess not.
I was lucky enough to see a bunch of Kurosawa/ Mifune films presented in 35mm film at the IFC Center here in New York- and it's frustrating how good they are- and how they are particularly lacking of steelbook releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
I thought that when they released the steelbook for Seven Samurai, we'd get a whole slew of Kurosawa or Kurosawa/ Mifune films on Steelbook but.... Guess not.
I was lucky enough to see a bunch of Kurosawa/ Mifune films presented in 35mm film at the IFC Center here in New York- and it's frustrating how good they are- and how they are particularly lacking of steelbook releases.

Oh you lucky man!!

Many people just don't know what they are missing as the pinnacle of Japanese filmmaking is way, way above the average Hollywood output, if a little cerebral for the average moviegoer - and Kurosawa, of course never put a foot wrong; nor did Toshiro Mifune for that matter.

Deep joy, and we do indeed need more, many more :)

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187 and harry
Quite a few Kurosawa titles available here in the U.K.pn Blu-ray unlikely to see the light of day in steelbook packaging especially when you can pick up this smart 5 film package for a little over 20 quid . . .
107116_large.jpg

. . . with the notable exception of course being the most famous/most well-known among them - THE SEVEN SAMURAI - with this super sleek BFI steelbook:-
76726_large.jpg

http://www.kurosawamovies.com/comparisons.htm

Apart from the BFI, Fox and Studio Canal have also given us prime Kurosawa such as RASHOMON, KAGEMUSHA and of course RAN with a new entry (DREAMS) from CriterionUK.

Fans of the original THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN could do a lot worse than pick up this little collection for around 16 quid ATM from Amazon (or 10 quid less than I paid for it in June 2013):-
34845_large.jpg

. . . and not forgetting the fact that three of the films in the Samurai boxset ^ inspired three of the most iconic of U.S. films including the remake of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: