Navan/Ireland
Release Date: October 23 , 2017
Purchase Link: HMV (Pre Order Live)
Price: £22.99
Notes: Includes 2D & 3D
01-451786.jpg

mummy_2.jpg mummy_3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it's funny how some films have great poster art and others, like this one, do not.
Almost a given that Tom Cruise is on the front cover - as he is on 99% of Blu-rays / steelbooks - where he's the star of the picture . . . and with a film entitled "The Mummy" you'd expect to see a mummy on the front too (in this case Sofia Boutella).
Only poster I could find that has some ok artwork with both characters on the front is this one:-
upload_2017-9-10_13-34-40.jpeg

Anyway, a quick look at how the mummy has been represented in film over the years - from gnarly to sexy:-
Boris Karloff (1932) THE MUMMY

Christopher Lee (1959) THE MUMMY

Arnold Vosloo (1999) THE MUMMY

Bob Ivy (2002) BUBBA HO-TEP

Sofia Boutella (2017) THE MUMMY

upload_2017-9-10_14-20-20.png

1932 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017
mummykarloff.jpg
-----
b2cb1d4d87418389845b1235435f574e14d89dd7.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and K.i.T
Couple pf pics of this International steelbook which I find looks quite cool in actuality. . . almost as if hewn from a slab of granite which has been polished and carved (lol)
This maybe not "carved" or rather embossed/de-bossed but it looks very, very glossy or "polished" which is maybe a pleasant surprise but a tad disconcerting as I was expecting something in matte, satin or zero as more in keeping with the artwork, type of film, to go with the unrelated others (which are not glossy) etc.

That being said , just place it next to the EBlu MUMMY TRILOGY BOX and you've got something very, very special . . . with the added touch of magnetic spine titles for your European or Asian copy hey presto you've got a lovely little group of Mummies :thumbs:

Damn, that inside art . . . and all these films intent on smashing up my home town (lol):-
maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, without our hero doing his "Mission Impossible" heroics and with a spine title I reckon this steelbook would be improved considerably.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lionet and robbodoc
According to steelbook.com, their images (mock-up) suggest the title is on the spine with links to HMV, UK. Can anybody confirm this, as everywhere else (including HMV) depicts no title on spine. Thanks.
As far as I'm aware all steelbooks with this design except for The Americas will NOT have the title on the spine.
(may be possible to find magnetic spines for this one as well as for all of the others - Disney, Disney Marvel, Fox etc. - released in certain territories without spine titles)

Europe / Asia ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Americas
upload_2017-10-9_21-43-40.png
-----------
upload_2017-10-9_21-55-38.png

A but random . . . but two of the most contrasty steelbooks released at around the same time would include THE MUMMY 2017 and GINTAMA . . .

Pics courtesy yuuki825
DPTdPAcUMAE6-cc.jpg:large

DPTdPAXVAAAqvXE.jpg:large

According to steelbook.com, their images (mock-up) suggest the title is on the spine with links to HMV, UK. Can anybody confirm this, as everywhere else (including HMV) depicts no title on spine. Thanks.

Just checked my copy that I bought in my local HMV store.... there is NO title on the spine.

Reactions: moviemania1973