The Muppets (Blu-ray Viva Metal Box)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 12, 2011
Best buy Exclusive $7.50

Sku 4602982

f_muppetcase0212_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received this e-mail today...

Good morning,

I was able to locate your order. Unfortunately, it does appear that the order is still processing and there isn’t an estimated arrival date. You can continue to wait for the order or I can cancel the order for a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Blake
Community Connector
Best Buy Corporate

WOW...this was helpful...:ugh:

At least you guys are getting replies. I've sent 3 emails already and no replies.

Oh my god, That is a generic letter as I got the same letter this morning.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
DAMN!!!!! This is what happens when i unsubscribe from this thread:( i miss out on all this useful information. They Charged my Debit card yesterday for the complete order, including 11 Viva cases and the Best Buy Exclusive of the Muppets. Hopefully they will ship out everything together:) last time i ordered Pirates and Lion King they sent the Cases First and then the Movies. Fingers Crossed:ohno:

I haven't received mine either. I swear, everytime I order something from Best Buy online I get screwed. I really hope that if the USA gets G2 steelbooks in the future that they aren't Best Buy exclusives. I hate buying from Best Buy now days. They have some of the dumbest people on earth working in their stores.

I haven't received mine either. I swear, everytime I order something from Best Buy online I get screwed. I really hope that if the USA gets G2 steelbooks in the future that they aren't Best Buy exclusives. I hate buying from Best Buy now days. They have some of the dumbest people on earth working in their stores.

and online. :angry:

Update!!!!!

Order Number: BBY01-444419049285

Dear Ociel,

Thank you for your Muppets Metal Case (sku 4602982) order on BestBuy.com. While our website originally reflected the metal case as a backorder, it is actually a pre-order that will not fulfill until the release date of the Muppets DVD and Blu-ray, which releases on March 20. Therefore, we will be unable to release the product to you until that date. This error will be corrected on BestBuy.com.

Please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions or concerns. We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.

Reactions: apsmith21
Update!!!!!

Order Number: BBY01-444419049285

Dear Ociel,

Thank you for your Muppets Metal Case (sku 4602982) order on BestBuy.com. While our website originally reflected the metal case as a backorder, it is actually a pre-order that will not fulfill until the release date of the Muppets DVD and Blu-ray, which releases on March 20. Therefore, we will be unable to release the product to you until that date. This error will be corrected on BestBuy.com.

Please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions or concerns. We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.

I was just about to post the same thing. Thanks OC! :)

So does that mean we can cancel the orders now, or are they still in the process of shipping even though it's not released for another 5 days?

Latest email from Best Buy

Here is the latest update from Best Buy after I got up the management chain and found someone who supposedly knows what is going on:

Dear XXXXXX;

So we shall wait and see if this is the case. If not, I smell a class action lawsuit coming just like last Christmas unintentional cancellation of Christmas orders.

I got the same exact response today from 4 different people. They should not have offered to take our money, if they had no intentions of sending it out. It sounds like now they want you to purchase the BR then get the case as a free add-on.

All I have on my order are the cases, and not the movie, so I'll keep them as they're listed at $7.50 ea

I got the same exact response today from 4 different people. They should not have offered to take our money, if they had no intentions of sending it out. It sounds like now they want you to purchase the BR then get the case as a free add-on.

Rick, like Andy, all I have in my order are the metal boxes and in the email I posted, they specifically call out the SKU for the metal box. So it looks like they have every intention on shipping this item but not at the same time the item was offered in stores.

I just got confirmation that my order shipped. Guess I will have to take it to the store to return it. Bestbuy fails...

I just got confirmation that my order shipped. Guess I will have to take it to the store to return it. Bestbuy fails...

But look at it this way - all our complaints fell on ears and eyes that are listening and are willing to make changes. I know that because I exchanged emails with one of their regional managers (who might be reading this post right now). I know it sounds like I am patronizing them but Best Buy is the only legit brick and mortar left in the US (please don't start with Walmart and FYE) that will support exclusive steelbooks. The regional manager even asked me if their shelving was adequate to protect future steelbooks when I asked him about the recent success of the Twilight steelbooks. I know Amazon is experienced with shipping steelbooks but nothing beats the thrill and excitement of walking into a store and seeing steelbooks that I can pick through. Just ask Mayflower when he went looking for this steelbook in store :hilarious:

My advice to folks who ordered this and are turned off by this experience is to understand the growing pains with this company and support their efforts to improve regardless of your experience in store. I am keeping mine to help members here who still wants to acquire a copy.

I just received the same email about it not shipping until release date of 3/20. I don't mind waiting, but it is very unprofessional to take money and not ship on time like this. But as long as they actually ship them, I will be happy.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

But look at it this way - all our complaints fell on ears and eyes that are listening and are willing to make changes. I know that because I exchanged emails with one of their regional managers (who might be reading this post right now). I know it sounds like I am patronizing them but Best Buy is the only legit brick and mortar left in the US (please don't start with Walmart and FYE) that will support exclusive steelbooks. The regional manager even asked me if their shelving was adequate to protect future steelbooks when I asked him about the recent success of the Twilight steelbooks. I know Amazon is experienced with shipping steelbooks but nothing beats the thrill and excitement of walking into a store and seeing steelbooks that I can pick through. Just ask Mayflower when he went looking for this steelbook in store :hilarious:

My advice to folks who ordered this and are turned off by this experience is to understand the growing pains with this company and support their efforts to improve regardless of your experience in store. I am keeping mine to help members here who still wants to acquire a copy.

Ash I see your point. I'm just disappointed with their lack of customer service support as I never got any response from the dozens of emails I sent to them and the phone hangups when I tried calling their support department. I understand the whole growing pains stuff but I mean Bestbuy has been in business since I think 1983. You figure they would have shown some kind of improvement, at least in the customer service department at this point.

I definitely do agree with you though in the excitement of the buying stuff from a B&M store rather then online. I also would rather see steelbooks at Bestbuy rather then Walmart or FYE.

Reactions: ash333
Yeah I'd never order online from bestbuy. I went out and got ten. I'll provide some for those of you who are getting screwed. Bestbuy is king compared to fye and wal mart though.