Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: The New Mutants (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2018-04-13

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Attachments

• 35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 819
The New Mutants has been pushed back again!!! :angry:

Fox has moved their release date from February 22, 2019 to August 2, 2019. That means the film has been pushed back a total of 16 months now!

...And here I was excited for all the X-Men films this year. :(
Rumour has it that they're reshooting at least half of the film. o_O

Yeah, apparently Fox is pulling a Warner, rewriting and re-shooting the film much to Josh Boone's dismay. Hopefully they don't end up firing him and hiring Joss Whedon to finish it. :cautious:
Oh man, don't even joke about something like that! :ohno: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Last October, producer Simon Kinberg revealed that the reshoots had yet to happen. And nothing has changed since. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, New Mutants star Maisie Williams confirms that the reshoots still haven’t happened, and she has no idea if the movie will ever come out:
She doesn’t mince words on the situation. “Who knows when the **** that’s gonna come out,” she says. There were supposed to be reshoots to “make it scarier,” she explains, but they haven’t actually taken place. She says she saw one of her co-stars, Charlie Heaton, the other day and asked him, “What the **** is going on with this movie?” He didn’t know either. She smiles. “Hopefully this interview will make everyone hurry up a little bit!”
SOURCE

I'm not sure that this film ever gets released, not even straight to a streaming service. Is there any point in damaging the mutant/X-Men brand you've acquired by releasing a subpar film. It'd be smart of Disney/Marvel to take the loss and move on.

I am so curious about this movie... and what version we are getting!?

Anyone think this actually comes out April 3? or will it get pushed again?
Hmm yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like they haven’t changed anything. As in still a horror esque x men film

On the rumor mill, there was planned re-shoots but they never happened and ultimately decided to go with Josh Boone's original version of the story - looking at this trailer that seems rather intact and really cool direction. So hopefully a 2 year delay, was just that, a 2 year delay ;)

Just hope this lives up to expectations and be epic as a final swansong. Hope that Fox wannabe ******** producers that think they know better didn't get their fingers all over it. I don't go to the cinema often (for Marvel) but going to make the exception this once. :thumbs:

Random thought - wonder if Disney/Marvel are testing the waters for their Dr. Strange 2 as that will verge on horror aspects?

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo