Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: The New Mutants (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Boone

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, Henry Zaga, Alice Braga, Happy Anderson, Thomas Kee, Mickey Gilmore

Release: 2018-04-13

Plot: The story of the New Mutants, a team of mutant heroes comprised of the first graduates from Charles Xavier's school.

Attachments

• 35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    35f140a80484dee332de037ef2510b3b.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 819
God I want to see this on the big screen so bad but I am not risking going to a theatre for it. Fingers crossed this makeshift drive in theater by me gets it!

Well I think the one minute teaser looks great, I hope there are great mutant pieces and it isn't just going to be small in scale and left to the third act.

I've decided and got my ticket for August 26th second viewing. If I'm comfortable when there then I will stay, if there is anyone or anything off putting, I will leave and call it a day. I will let you know what I think afterwards of the experience and movie. There are 4 screenings a day for this bank holiday weekend. Please be awesome and show Fox could make a great X-Man movie!

Reactions: 3Maters
Well I've just got back and I really enjoyed this. I don't get the criticism that it's the worst x-men movie as I would wholeheartedly disagree. Wolverine Origins, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix are going for that trophy. Yes, it may have been a good start IMO to something more, and we'll never get that. :emb:

It's a small, coherent, well done movie that plays out the story of the beginnings of the New Mutants with Dani Moonstar. Also introducing five other origins and backstory within 1 1/2 hours doesn't leave room to procrastinate. Also anything with that favorite little dragon and a bit of Magik is always going to get me invested. :thumbs:

I know Disney put this out and it's going to bomb, shame really. I want this one to be part of my steelbook film collection for a second watch (but at the right price.) :watch:

As for the cinema, the seating is socially distance across the rows, but not down the rows, onto my left was 4 rows with couples back to back, so a distance on 1m. My side not at issue so no complaints there.

@GeoRattray Ok, thanks - I'll order the steelbook. If I hate it, I'll send you the bill ... :naughty::rofl:
For god sake's don't order it at 33 GBP at Zavvi at the moment, wait for the price drop. I'll pass on the address of the local police station er.. home address and give you a contribution if you don't like it. Say, what's your taste in movies again? :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Space Cadet
For god sake's don't order it at 33 GBP at Zavvi at the moment, wait for the price drop. I'll pass on the address of the local police station er.. home address and give you a contribution if you don't like it. Say, what's your taste in movies again? :naughty:

Don't be afraid, gonna wait for price drop.

IMO my taste in films is pretty good (isn't that what we all say :rofl: ), but have soft spot for Marvel steels. Gotta have one for each movie that have one. But see, only one, not multiple releases ...

Reactions: GeoRattray
Don't be afraid, gonna wait for price drop.

IMO my taste in films is pretty good (isn't that what we all say :rofl: ), but have soft spot for Marvel steels. Gotta have one for each movie that have one. But see, only one, not multiple releases ...
I also say the same, wife disagrees with me, though, oh well I can't defend her for having wrong opinions :giggle:

Yeah, I hope this comes out with a decent WWA steel. I personally would not be chasing for a premium or multiples here, a WWA will do just fine for the final Fox X-Men universe release. So Disney, make it a good fond farewell steelbook that people want. Well at least two of us so far...

Reactions: Space Cadet
I really enjoyed this too. Its super brisk to a fault so it feels like
a TV pilot but all the characters were great and the powers were fun to see in the setting. The horror falls a bit flat but the lesbian romance gave a really tender heart to the film. Not the best but definitely not a turkey like the critics would have you believe. I know it isn't likely but I would love a sequel.

I also say the same, wife disagrees with me, though, oh well I can't defend her for having wrong opinions :giggle:

Yeah, I hope this comes out with a decent WWA steel. I personally would not be chasing for a premium or multiples here, a WWA will do just fine for the final Fox X-Men universe release. So Disney, make it a good fond farewell steelbook that people want. Well at least two of us so far...

3rd Rule of the HDNinjas : We are all eligible bachelors.

(yeah, I'm typing this as my missus is taking our dogs out to walk)

:thumbs: :rofl: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray
I really enjoyed this too. Its super brisk to a fault so it feels like
a TV pilot but all the characters were great and the powers were fun to see in the setting. The horror falls a bit flat but the lesbian romance gave a really tender heart to the film. Not the best but definitely not a turkey like the critics would have you believe. I know it isn't likely but I would love a sequel.
I enjoyed the mutant powers and effects, seeing Magik & Cannonball's in context and the antagonists (yes you smiley men) I thought were great. Yes the horror element could have been turned up a notch, as after all it's a 15 here in the UK, but I guess it's PG-13 in USA. I suppose it's the plot points of how mutants powers manifest and hurt people, also lesbianism, murder, suicide, slavery and child molestation implications is horrific if not actual horror.

Lets see how Dr Strange 2 handles it, and compare it to this offering from Fox, retrospectively. I bet there will be a big disparity and that will be dialed back to a 12A I guarantee.