Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I don't have a camera buddy ol' pal. You'll just have to trust me like you trust Zavvi. It kind of looks glossy too, I think they gave it the same treatment as Aliens.

How did it get to Canada so fast?? EEK!

People in the UK only started getting theirs this morning. AND there's adverse weather conditions!!

How is the quality of the metal and print ?

Have this steelbook any shiny metallic effects (the dorr and the background of the backartwork)?

I apoligize if this has been answered already
Is the extended cut on this disc
Thanks andmc

No Extended Cut is not

International Theatrical Cut 119:38
This is endorsed by Stanley Kubrick and its this version he wanted to be viewed

The U.S. Theatrical Cut 143:36 Extended Cut is only available on USA Blu-ray

Reactions: andmc63
Arrived 10 minutes ago with a dent in the front and no packaging damage so I have contacted them for a replacement.

Door, wording and edging is all embossed and very nice

Ron

Anyone know how long Zavvi take to respond to a replacement request? I sent them my details inc photos yesterday morning but nothing back yet :(

I assume the complaints department don't work weekends :angry::angry:

Ron

Anyone know how long Zavvi take to respond to a replacement request? I sent them my details inc photos yesterday morning but nothing back yet :(

I assume the complaints department don't work weekends :angry::angry:

Ron
They may just be slow to reply because it's the weekend, not sure. I sent them a question regarding one of my orders last night and just received a response. I know they're generally faster to respond on Facebook and on their site. Whenever I directly emailed them (I think to [email protected]), it'd take a few days for a response.

Reactions: Sw1984
I'm curious to see the International Cut. I've only seen the US Cut, many, many times so I wonder how I'll like the shorter version.

I can't imagine you'd like it. I've never seen the US cut but I know that once I do, and I see an extra 20+ minutes of the Shining, I don't think I'd want to go back and watch a heavily cut version of it.

Reactions: lolwut
Just looking at the video there, I'm really looking forward to my copy of The Shining coming now. Well happy with it.

Just noticed the ratings on the disc there, I never knew that this was rated as 15 in the UK but 18 in Ireland.

Does Ireland get the extended unrated version????!!!!:hilarious::hilarious:

I can't imagine you'd like it. I've never seen the US cut but I know that once I do, and I see an extra 20+ minutes of the Shining, I don't think I'd want to go back and watch a heavily cut version of it.

You're in for a treat if you plan on seeing the US cut! I just wonder if the pacing will be better. I know there are scenes in the US cut that seem like they could've been cut, like the doctor appointment scene with terrible acting from Wendy. Kubrick also preferred the shorter cut.

Reactions: hayemaker