Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
'Spartacus' is a Universal title, so don't hold your breath.

How would an 'Eyes Wide Shut' steelbook provide any sort of completion? Unless you know of steelbooks for 'Fear and Desire', 'Killer's Kiss', 'The Killing', 'Paths of Glory', 'Lolita', 'Dr. Strangelove', or 'Barry Lyndon'?

Alright, don't bite my head off! I only meant that it would complete all of the films from the Kubrick dvd box set - from which the steelbook images are taken for this wave.

Anyone else ordered this but its not been despatched that? I ordered this a clockwork orange and 28 days later all at the same time and clockwork was despatched within a few hours but 24 hours later and these are still stuck. I just got the bog standard sorry we have not despatched yet from zavvi.

Anyone else ordered this but its not been despatched that? I ordered this a clockwork orange and 28 days later all at the same time and clockwork was despatched within a few hours but 24 hours later and these are still stuck. I just got the bog standard sorry we have not despatched yet from zavvi.

i have the same problem.
but zavvi send me a email

Hello xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number xxxxxxxxx.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

The Shining - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
28 Days Later - Limited Edition Steelbook

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

still no despatch email for this. what gives? i can't even cancel because i ordered it with 28 days later and a clockwork orange which have both been already despatched. infact i already have clockwork in hand

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

nevermind. just read the page,looks like they are waiting for more stock as i imagine they did not get all the stock in at once

Yes. It's about people's ideas about what Kubrick really meant with the film. I'm watching it on lovefilm at the moment but the bluray has commentaries and tons more.

There is one guy who thinks that Kubrick faked the moon landings and a The Shining is his way of telling the world he done it.
There is a guy who makes a big deal of the fact you cannot see the power cord from the tv in the foyer. Regardless that if you could see the cord the hotel would've seen it as a trip hazard.

It's just funny when peoples imagination gets the better of them and they think they are all right, when obviously they cannot be.

Forget room 237
If interested in the shinings hidden content about the moon landing then watch the ultimate doc.
Its truely amazing

Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick; Part One: Kubrick and Apollo (2011)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1992167/

really interesting…. i nevr heard about the Kubrick connection before, but i can tell u many, many ppl belive USA faked the moon landings as part of their cold war battle with the old soviet union. There are loads of documentaries on the subject with some pretty good evidence in some of them ..like the classic flutting usa flag, when ofc there is no atmosphere on the moon.

btw, all this talk reminds me of how great the The shining is thou i've only seen it proper once i think.. I will be ordering both this & 2001, despite the poor finishing :) still £9.99 i think

also my own view - i thought the film was Kubrick’s way of presenting some sort of personal experience with the supernatural ...some sort of take on his feelings towards the lingering effect or after image the deceased can apparently have on the living …

damm... i got chills again :ohno:

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531
still no despatch email for this. what gives? i can't even cancel because i ordered it with 28 days later and a clockwork orange which have both been already despatched. infact i already have clockwork in hand

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

nevermind. just read the page,looks like they are waiting for more stock as i imagine they did not get all the stock in at once

Yeah, I actually raised a query with them over this and asked why they were still selling it if they didn't have any stock. Rep said more stock was on the way and it would be despatched soon.

Though it begs the question of just how many of those there are - surely if it was just 4k they wouldn't need to ask for more stock? Seems odd, but hopefully will turn up soon.

..like the classic flutting usa flag, when ofc there is no atmosphere on the Moon.

I've always put that down to a metal stick/strip running along the top to give the illusion. If not it just lies there not doing anything, not doing anything or being seen.

One data point: I placed an order for The Shining on the 25th and it was shipped on the 28th. [Exactly the same dates as NeheloR posted above]

Last edited:
Little sad, just got this steelbook.
Having never seen this movie, I thought it was awesome. Afterwards did some research on the movie in question and discovered 25 minutes were cut from the EU version, this one included.
Why wasn't it offered as deleted scenes material, now I need to import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little sad, just got this steelbook.
Having never seen this movie, I thought it was awesome. Afterwards did some research on the movie in question and discovered 25 minutes were cut from the EU version, this one included.
Why wasn't it offered as deleted scenes material, now I need to import.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extended version has never been released in the EU, there were rumours it was going to be but it hasn't so far. The US amaray can be picked up for a reasonable price.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler
The extended version has never been released in the EU, there were rumours it was going to be but it hasn't so far. The US amaray can be picked up for a reasonable price.

I know, I found out about that while doing my research.
I'm planning on getting the US version of The Ultimate Kubrick collection, which includes the uncut version.
That way I can also check on which movies I like enough to consider buying all the steelbooks for, plus then I'll have a nice book as well, double win!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How thin is the metal compared to the steelbooks of Gremlins, Daredevil and Taxi Driver?
Have this steelbook or Full Metal Jacket a low resolution backartwork that is so bad like Daredevil?

I read that the backartwork is not so good from the print, but so bad?

How thin is the metal compared to the steelbooks of Gremlins, Daredevil and Taxi Driver?
Have this steelbook or Full Metal Jacket a low resolution backartwork that is so bad like Daredevil?

I read that the backartwork is not so good from the print, but so bad?

It's quite low res but nowhere as bad as daredevil now that's awful.

Reactions: Greyback
Grrr I paid nearly £30 for the shining and a clockwork orange now you can get them both for half price! Then when you don't buy other steels straight away they sell out lol