Jun 24, 2012
Release date: 8th June 2015
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: Zavvi (SOLD OUT)

Limited to 1000 Copies.

11094344-6074278265840395.jpg

11094344-6234278265867974.jpg 11094344-1634278265858191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I often recall my parents saying to me that the movies I enjoyed when growing up didn't compare to those from the 50s and 60s.

I hear echoes of how much better things used to be all over again.

Our own children will be raving (well if they can rave by then) to their own kids about today's movies. You have to accept that demands and expectations change, as well as technology and... Well you get it

Today's the day. Enjoy it all for the spectacle that movies are.
My parents are the opposite, they are 60's teenagers. My dad worships Bond movies especially those of Brosnan and Moore over the others. My mother is a die hard action and Scifi fan, she loves Star Wars, T2, Rambo series, Van Damme movies and she is a SERIOUS Marvel fan, she's in her 60's yet will be at every midnight showing of Marvel movies lol. There's only a handful of movies pre Star Wars that either of them own.

Reactions: Hamill82
The only complaint I have about the Terminator is the stop motion effects, they haven't aged well. But for a low budget film that has become so iconic I'm willing to forgive and forget. What did Cameron say...

Harlan Ellison is a parasite who can kiss my ass.

(Harlan Ellison - The Road ripped off my story A Boy and his Dog)
(Harlan Ellison - In Time ripped off my story Repent, Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman)

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Gutted:

Hello Roshan, Thank you for placing order ######## with us. I am sorry to let you know that there has been a problem in the warehouse which has resulted in your order being stopped prior to dispatch.

I understand this is disappointing and we are sorry. I will investigate further and request for the order to be sent to you as soon as possible. Should there be a problem with dispatching the order, we will arrange for this to be cancelled and for the money to be returned to your account upon confirmation of the cancellation. I will be in contact shortly to give you an update.

Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jen
zavvi Customer Service Team

Followed by:

Hello Roshan,

Thank you for getting in touch for an update on order ######## . I am really sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel your order for Terminator - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this might be. We have tried other suppliers but we have not had any luck. We will be removing the item from our website as soon as possible. If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jen

Hoping to find it cheap elsewhere. Perhaps, the Film Arena one :thumbs:

Cheers

Gutted:

Hello Roshan, Thank you for placing order ######## with us. I am sorry to let you know that there has been a problem in the warehouse which has resulted in your order being stopped prior to dispatch.

I understand this is disappointing and we are sorry. I will investigate further and request for the order to be sent to you as soon as possible. Should there be a problem with dispatching the order, we will arrange for this to be cancelled and for the money to be returned to your account upon confirmation of the cancellation. I will be in contact shortly to give you an update.

Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jen

Followed by:

Hello Roshan,

Thank you for getting in touch for an update on order ######## . I am really sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel your order for Terminator - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this might be. We have tried other suppliers but we have not had any luck. We will be removing the item from our website as soon as possible. If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days. If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jen

Cheers

Aww I really hate when that happens and they don't offer any compensation or anything

Reactions: Shadow of Light
Gutted:

Kind regards,
Jen

Followed by:

Hello Roshan,

Kind regards,
Jen

Cheers
That sucks man, when I've had orders canceled in the past they offer discounts that last about a month, you didn't receive any compensation?

That sucks man, when I've had orders canceled in the past they offer discounts that last about a month, you didn't receive any compensation?

Not even the mention of discount or compensation for up and coming steelbooks. :( Perhaps, I'll reply back to them and ask for a code.

Don't really know how they say they have stock available for sale and then, turn the tables and say they can't source it. It's tantamount to airlines overbooking their flights and then saying sorry, we don't have space for you. Don't have stock, don't advertise for sale. PERIOD.

Cheers!

Gutted:

Kind regards,
Jen

Followed by:

Hello Roshan,

Kind regards,
Jen

Cheers

They gave me a one-off 10% discount code when they cancelled my 'Ex- Machina' steelbook because they had oversold it . . .thank you, Zavvi . . .

They gave me a one-off 10% discount code when they cancelled my 'Ex- Machina' steelbook because they had oversold it . . .thank you, Zavvi . . .

From me:

Hi Jen,

Please understand, this is nothing against you, but how is it that orders are made available to purchase online when there isn't enough stock to fulfill orders? This is not the first time it has happened as recent sales have had the same issue of items being oversold and then eventually being cancelled without any explanation.

It's tantamount to airlines overbooking their flights and then saying sorry, we don't have space for you and leave it to you to find alternate means without any compensation. It is an unacceptable business practice and you are only driving people away. I would expect a discount code or the like for a future or current purchase at the very least in situations like this. Now I need to source this item at an inflated price for no real reason. Don't have stock, don't advertise for sale. PERIOD.

Roshan

Response:

Hello Roshan,

Thank you for getting in touch about availability.

I have forwarded your comments to the relevant department. I apologise for any inconvenience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Nancy

Thank-you, very much zavvi! :thumbs:

:banghead: NOT :banghead:

From me:

Hi Jen,

Please understand, this is nothing against you, but how is it that orders are made available to purchase online when there isn't enough stock to fulfill orders? This is not the first time it has happened as recent sales have had the same issue of items being oversold and then eventually being cancelled without any explanation.

It's tantamount to airlines overbooking their flights and then saying sorry, we don't have space for you and leave it to you to find alternate means without any compensation. It is an unacceptable business practice and you are only driving people away. I would expect a discount code or the like for a future or current purchase at the very least in situations like this. Now I need to source this item at an inflated price for no real reason. Don't have stock, don't advertise for sale. PERIOD.

Roshan

Response:

Hello Roshan,

Thank you for getting in touch about availability.

I have forwarded your comments to the relevant department. I apologise for any inconvenience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Nancy

Thank-you, very much zavvi! :thumbs:

:banghead: NOT :banghead:
They really are a bunch of idiots. Ive only been collecting for a year and buy nowhere as many as i did off these clowns they have put me off the hobby alot. I wont pre-order anymore off them at all due to there pricing games, which sux :-( hope they give you a discount code or something....

Apparently @Mr Y Fronts got it for that - if he did then surely there must be others . . .?
From what I remember he placed an order at £14.99 when it came back live to order it then went very quickly back in price to £19.99 a few min later
It was only available to order at £14.99 for a few min when it came back live to order and not that many would have got an order in at that price as it very quickly went back to £19.99

Majority of others pre ordered at £19.99 and used the 5% discount code so the pre order price promise don't apply when you have used a discount code as per the pre order price promise terms and conditions

Last edited:
I managed to spot it at £14.99 very early on the 27th May and got my order in around 9.05am that morning, I'm pretty sure it went back up to £19.99 within 10-15 minutes or so, just lucky timing I guess.
Is there any chance you could take a screen shot of the price you ordered it at through your previous orders not calling you a liar I want to send it to zag vi and get some money back

Is there any chance you could take a screen shot of the price you ordered it at through your previous orders not calling you a liar I want to send it to zag vi and get some money back
Did you order at £19.99 and was it before it dropped to £14.99
? did you use any discount codes in your order
? was any other items in your order that was part of a special offer

If you used for example the 5% discount code or any other discount codes or in an order that was part of a offer then Zavvi can refuse your request to get the pre order price promise under the terms and conditions of pre order price promise

If your ordered at £19.99 and did not use any discount codes then you might have a chance to claim the pre order price promise
If the price though of £14.99 was an pricing error they can refuse under these circumstances to give you the pre order price promise

I would just keep at them for the pre order price promise but only if you ordered at £19.99 and did not use a discount code

If it was a pricing error then they could refuse the pre order price promise as they did correct the price very quickly when it came back live

I would just keep at them but as I mentioned if you used a discount code you cant get the pre order price promise as it don't apply when using any discount codes

Did you order at £19.99 and was it before it dropped to £14.99
? did you use any discount codes in your order
? was any other items in your order that was part of a special offer

If you used for example the 5% discount code or any other discount codes or in an order that was part of a offer then Zavvi can refuse your request to get the pre order price promise under the terms and conditions of pre order price promise

If your ordered at £19.99 and did not use any discount codes then you might have a chance to claim the pre order price promise
If the price though of £14.99 was an pricing error they can refuse under these circumstances to give you the pre order price promise

I would just keep at them for the pre order price promise but only if you ordered at £19.99 and did not use a discount code

If it was a pricing error then they could refuse the pre order price promise as they did correct the price very quickly when it came back live

I would just keep at them but as I mentioned if you used a discount code you cant get the pre order price promise as it don't apply when using any discount codes
No I ordered at full price no codes they are tighter than a ducks arse

I recently sold my entire collection and a week later this popped through the letterbox. Must of been one of the lucky ones