The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow's standard amaray of this ( which will be released in November) doesn't have booklet either. Usually if Arrow releases a limited edition steelbook with an accompanying booklet, then the standard amaray release that follows, has that booklet also - identical to the steelbook's of that film - but only in the first pressing of that standard amaray release. The fact that the standard release of this DOESN'T have a booklet leads me to believe that there won't be one in the steelbook. I hope there is s booklet, but going by the info available i don't think there will be...........unless they change their minds, of course. I Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

I really hate HMV's website. They need to sort it out. Tried ordering it but the page, either does not load, or it takes forever.

Last few months their website has been shocking. So backward for a well known company

Is this a restock of another 1,000 or so?

Why is it a pre-order if the same stock as before?

It's not released until the end of October so every order is a pre order

Remember they were given a lifeline whilst they went down into Administration, so it is not as bad as it used to be. :) but yeah they must improve both their website and CS.

That was years ago mate lol. If anything it's forgotten about now because they have been doing so well since hilco bought them out that's it's more like the old HMV days again. The good days

They have the money to fix their website or pay a few developers to improve it

I think he meant that we were told all retailers were sold out, so where, suddenly, are all these copies coming from.........?

Cancelations maybe, uploading stock in batches. Who knows. Don't really think it matters

It matters to some I guess......
To those that want to list on ebay as OOP Sold Out :p :rofl:

Most likely is cancellations as a lot have pre ordered this from various retailers and some would be cancelling some of the multiple orders
Amazon and Zavvi also likely to be back available closer to release date or just after due to cancellations but I don't expect will last long with Amazon and Zavvi with them shipping worldwide

I hope Arrow ship early for those that ordered direct from arrow so I can cancel my orders from Amazon and Zavvi

Whoever takes payment and dispatches my order first is the order I keep

To those that want to list on ebay as OOP Sold Out :p :rofl:

Most likely is cancellations as a lot have pre ordered this from various retailers and some would be cancelling some of the multiple orders
Amazon and Zavvi also likely to be back available closer to release date or just after due to cancellations but I don't expect will last long with Amazon and Zavvi with them shipping worldwide

I hope Arrow ship early for those that ordered direct from arrow so I can cancel my orders from Amazon and Zavvi

Whoever takes payment and dispatches my order first is the order I keep
I'm not sure that anyone who places multiple orders from numerous retailers is any different to a reseller? :whistle:

Either way, it prevents other collectors placing an order. Just saying...:angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: atomicblonde
I'm not sure that anyone who places multiple orders from numerous retailers is any different to a reseller? :whistle:

Either way, it prevents other collectors placing an order. Just saying...:angel:
A lot did this due Arrow Website crashing at the time of the pre order and a lot of customers will cancel when they know they have an order shipped it happens a lot with sort after releases they want to make sure they get a copy

The difference is they cancel their extra orders while re-sellers don't cancel their multiple orders
Cancelled orders get back listed with retailer at retail price ;)

A lot did this due Arrow Website crashing at the time of the pre order and a lot of customers will cancel when they know they have an order shipped it happens a lot with sort after releases they want to make sure they get a copy

The difference is they cancel their extra orders while re-sellers don't cancel their orders
Cancel orders get back listed with retailer at retail price ;)
I gave up caring what other collectors do some time ago, shortly after realising how retailers deliberately set out to mislead all of us.

If someone can make money to feed their collecting.. then good luck to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz and vexred
I gave up caring what other collectors do some time ago, shortly after realising how retailers deliberately set out to mislead all of us.

If someone can make money to feed their collecting.. then good luck to them.
Retailers have not set out mislead anyone customer purchase and then it sells out until you get some customers who cancel their order
Sometimes this is also due to failed payment and these get listed after release date

It's normal you get cancellations of orders before release date of a previously sold out release the more retailers selling a release the cancellations will be spread out over various retailers

When you don't have to pay upfront a release that is highly sort after release will sell out fast and it's only when closer to release date you get customers changing their mind about their order a lot do this and is why you see previously listed as sold out come back in stock

Retailers have not set out mislead anyone customer purchase and then it sells out until you get some customers who cancel their order
Sometimes this is also due to failed payment and these get listed after release date

It's normal you get cancellations of orders before release date of a previously sold out release the more retailers selling a release the cancellations will be spread out over various retailers

When you don't have to pay upfront a release that is highly sort after release will sell out fast and it's only when closer to release date you get customers changing their mind about their order a lot do this and is why you see previously listed as sold out come back in stock
You're referring to this release, I'm generalising on the industry altogether.