The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had a dispatch email from Arrow yet, strange that Zavvi's are getting sent out first
Arrow have said they have dispatched majority of the orders already but are only starting to send the dispatch emails
A few customers started to get their dispatch emails yesterday evening from arrow
More dispatch emails will be sent this week and next week
You might get delivery before you get the dispatch email

Don't go by what your arrow films account says at the moment in regards to your order as might take a while to say dispatched and sometimes don't update at all as in stays listed as sent to warehouse even after been delivered

Haven't had a dispatch email from Arrow yet, strange that Zavvi's are getting sent out first

Mine was shipped from Arrows yesterday when I checked online, I didn’t get a dispatch email either. Have you logged onto your account and checked the shipping status?

Arrow have said they have dispatched majority of the orders already but are only starting to send the dispatch emails
A few customers started to get their dispatch emails yesterday evening from arrow
More dispatch emails will be sent this week and next week
You might get delivery before you get the dispatch email

Don't go by what your arrow films account says at the moment in regards to your order as might take a while to say dispatched and sometimes don't update at all as in stays listed as sent to warehouse even after been delivered
Ok cool, thanks Paul

Mine was shipped from Arrows yesterday when I checked online, I didn’t get a dispatch email either. Have you logged onto your account and checked the shipping status?
Yep, logged in and says still at warehouse status.

Hoping it arrives by the weekend!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Same old boring finish from Arrow. Imagine if they applied some spot glossing or debossing to their titles. It would take them to the next level :(
I always read here how good the Arrow steelbooks finish is. I own only 3 Arrow steelbooks, the art is always top but the finish and the colors are poor imo.
I also agree that this movie should have had debossing or spot gloss. If a horror milestone like 'The Thing' won't get a special steelbook treatment by Arrow, i doubt any other future steelbook by them will.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
We know they can deboss when they want to. I love my Arrow Battle Royale steelbook.

Come to think if it, I think that might be the first and last time they used it........?
Love mine too! Maybe it costs an extra 50p per steelbook for the tooling to press the bossing and they decided they don't want to increase the price of the steel for the end user and keep profit margins the same?
I'll probably coat this in gloss myself

Love mine too! Maybe it costs an extra 50p per steelbook for the tooling to press the bossing and they decided they don't want to increase the price of the steel for the end user and keep profit margins the same?
I'll probably coat this in gloss myself
If it costs 50cents per steelbook, i'd pay the 50cents extra. 22$ or 22.50$ doesn't make that much of a difference. I mean we already choose to buy a more expensive steelbook than a cheaper amaray for a reason: aesthetics.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
So what are we missing?

1. Title debossing
2. Spot gloss all the areas except the blue ones on the side.

Why can't these Studios get this right is beyond me.
Yeah, they CAN get it right, they just want to give us as little as possible for top dollar. I am getting fed up with the antics of these companies - they never, ever give back. Look at the other limited edition of this - i thought it was meant to be digipak?! I read in some forum that someone wrote to Arrow asking whether it would be a window type slipcase, like they used to do. Arrow didn't say yes.......but they didn't say no either, and ended their reply very tentatively. These type of responses let me know exactly where these companies are coming from - a cynical ploy to get their product hyped. This steelbook and the Hellraiser mondo are as minimal steelbooks as you can get - the disc, and the steelbook itself. Look at what Arrow did with the likes of Zombie Flesheaters, Lifeforce, Driller Killer, Day of the Dead, etc - double disc editions with booklets to boot.........all the same price, or cheaper, than this or the Hellraiser mondo. They know what we want from our steelbook releases, but lately refuse to give it up. I've cancelled so much lately, because to me, we're getting ripped off now.

Last edited:
Yeah, they CAN get it right, they just want to give us as little as possible for top dollar. I am getting fed up with the antics of these companies - they never, ever give back. Look at the other limited edition of this - i thought it was meant to be digipak?! I read in some forum that someone wrote to Arrow asking whether it would be a window type slipcase, like they used to do. Arrow didn't say yes.......but they didn't say no either, and ended their reply very tentatively. These type of responses let me know exactly where these companies are coming from - a cynical ploy to get their product hyped. This steelbook and the Hellraiser mondo are as minimal steelbooks as you can get - the disc, and the steelbook itself. Look at what Arrow did with the likes of Zombie Flesheaters, Lifeforce, Driller Killer, Day of the Dead, etc - double disc editions with booklets to boot.........all the same price, or cheaper, than this or the Hellraiser mondo. They know what we want from our steelbook releases, but lately refuse to give it up. I've cancelled so much lately, because to me, we're getting ripped now.
Well said. Even though i prefer steelbooks over amarays, i found myself lately considering getting the amaray ,for a much cheaper price, than the steelbook. Solely for the reason of how bland some steelbooks are, it just doesn't justify the price difference unless it's a quality steelbook where studios actually put effort into it.
I guess the only way to be sure to get a quality product is to get a premium edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano