The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said. Even though i prefer steelbooks over amarays, i found myself lately considering getting the amaray ,for a much cheaper price, than the steelbook. Solely for the reason of how bland some steelbooks are, it just doesn't justify the price difference unless it's a quality steelbook where studios actually put effort into it.
I guess the only way to be sure to get a quality product is to get a premium edition.
Yeah thats right - definitely, steelbooks when done right make all the differance........but like you said, why pay that money for a steelbook that you're sure won't be done any justcie?! We spend alot of money on these companies, only to be let down time and again by them. They are laughing all the way to the bank, thanks to us.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stuc and Mr.Vorhees
Well, the blurb on the paper sheet covering the steel, does appear to show that it contains a collector's booklet after all, and the finish on this is as expected, I never expected anything less.
Really?! Yeah you're right, it does say that about the booklet - Arrow previously stated there WOULDN'T be a booklet in the steelbook, so they've obviously changed their mind about that. Well spotted.

Reactions: Mr Y Fronts
A good few customers in the UK got delivery today of the Limited Edition and the Steelbook that was ordered direct from Arrow Films
So looks like Arrow dispatched lot of orders on Monday

Lot of these customers have said they not got the dispatch email yet and was surprised to get delivery today

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Any news on Amazon dispatches yet?
Amazon start to dispatch pre orders from Saturday with all releases that have a Monday release date
They don't do early shipping like other retailers do

Most get dispatched on Saturday/Sunday with some then on the Monday release date and after Tuesday/Wednesday
If you picked free shipping it's a lottery if dispatched on Sat/Sun or Mon-Wed

• Thanks
Reactions: bigstevie8582
i think it looks quite nice.. not sure if i prefer it over the mondo one tho, which is probably one of my favourite editions.. will see once in hand

I quite like the contrast in color between the title's white and snow's off-white. Normally (like many I'm sure) when I see white I'm always hoping for actual white on a steel and rarely surprised but often disappointed when it's not eye-popping white. Somehow this works though.. kinda makes the iconic art look a bit more weathered. Got my zavvi order for both on the way but I think I'll only be opening the LE box. Along with the SF and Mondo releases (the best of the Mondo X line imo) The Thing is getting the treatment it deserves.

A steelbook can be nice if it isn't gloss, although to some people it can't be.
I never said i didn't like this steelbook, quite the opposite, i said it's an amazing looking steelbook even though it's matte. The conversation here regarding the finish was about steelbooks and distributors in general.