El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Thanks to willo007 for this heads up:cool:
Release Date: August 27th, 2013
Buy Link: The Walking Dead Season 3
Price: $54.99 - $29.99 on release week

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

WalkingDeadS3.jpeg

image.jpg

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I saw the Best buy release today and it was pretty damn big anyone try putting the best buy slipcover over the steelbook? :D

So I just called target.com customer service to get the pre-order price adjusted from $54.99 to the introductory sale price of $29.99 and even after talking to a supervisor, they refused because they cannot price match a pre-order per their terms and conditions. The supervisor said that I agree to pay the price listed, they agree to send the item and reserve the item, which is absolutely un-true, even though I ordered E.T. months in advance, that order was cancelled due to lack of stock lol.

Target.com is ****ing joke and I will never order from them again. I will deny this package after putting my boot through it.

yeah.. the .com doesn't operate with the same set of rules as the stores. so lame. Yeah. Refuse the shipment or return it to the store.

Yes return it to the store and let them know that the web store does not want to price match. Best to refuse the shipment and make Target pay for the return postage instead of using your own gas or petrol.

Reactions: dfoles
The other option is to take it back to the store and have them price adjust the item for you. I little bit of legwork, but at least you get to keep the steel... then again, who knows what kind of shape it will arrive in.

Ended up picking one of these up before heading into work. Had a $10 Target gift card that I completely forgot about. No visible damages that I can see so far. Also, I just got word that my aquarium just got dropped of by UPS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Severely disappointed in this, no inside artwork and just kind of bulky, not a fan of the jumbos (why can't they do it like Doctor Who Season 4).

Nonetheless I bought it anyways.

I hate it, I'm definitely going to return my copy. The miss cut spine is really bothering me.

My copy of Jurassic Park Trilogy DE is the same way. So I guess the problem is just a Jumbo Steelbook problem and nothing else. The spine's title piece simply doesn't seem to be designed to completely cover the metal of the steelbook spine.

Scanavo really needs to redesign the Jumbo or ax it.

Last edited:
I was at target today, picked one up, laughed about how large the case holding it was, put it back, and went on with my day.

Ill stick with the aquarium

I just picked one of these up, I had to sort thought like 12 at 2 different stores to find a mint copy with a pretty straight spine. I don't know, this is nice but not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a copy release day and I had to go through quite a few before finding one with a nice aligned spine and chip free. Now that I have this in hand, I'm kind of debating if I should keep this since I have the aquarium one and that looks awesome. No need to double dip for this.

Yeah I think its safe to say the Aquarium and digipak are the best edition for this release. I got the tank just for the digipak. The steelbook is just bland. I will keep it because im a steel collector but digipaks win the TWD packing battle.

Yeah I think its safe to say the Aquarium and digipak are the best edition for this release. I got the tank just for the digipak. The steelbook is just bland. I will keep it because im a steel collector but digipaks win the TWD packing battle.

I agree that the digipaks are awesome. I was about to get the S3 Limited Edition but since I didn't have the other digi's I decided to pass. Since the chance of getting them is slim to none I might get this.

I see a lot of people are getting this even though they don't like it. So is the real reason we buy it is because it is a Steelbook?

Last edited:
I agree that the digipaks are awesome. I was about to get the S3 Limited Edition but since I didn't have the other digi's I decided to pass. Since the chance of getting them is slim to none I might get this.

I see a lot of people are getting this even though they don't like it. So is the real reason we buy it is because it is a Steelbook?

Its a collectors mindset. Cant speak for everybody but I pretty much only collect steels and TWD is one of my favorite shows so naturally I gotta keep it lol. Only ventured to the digis cuz its a matching a set a collectible packing. I think the steel will be worth having if they ever release the other two seasons on steel as well.