El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Thanks to willo007 for this heads up:cool:
Release Date: August 27th, 2013
Buy Link: The Walking Dead Season 3
Price: $54.99 - $29.99 on release week

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

WalkingDeadS3.jpeg

image.jpg

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had tons of money...

Walker Stalker Con is happening in Atlanta at the beginning of November. I could get just about everyone to sign it.

bpfd.jpg

Andrew Lincoln (Rick) - $40
Norman Reedus (Darryl) - $40
Chandler Riggs (Carl) - $40
Laurie Holden (Andrea) - $40
Danai Gurira (Michonne) - $40
Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) - $30
Lauren Cohan (Maggie) - $30
Melissa McBride (Carrol) - $30

Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad's Gustavo Fring!!!) - $30

That's only $320 worth of signatures in addition to tickets to attend both days :angry:

Yeah, prices are getting ridiculous for signatures nowadays! They should have a group discount or something on these actors.....as much as i love the show, for most of them this is their break-out show. I could maybe understand $40 for Andrew Lincoln seeing that he is the lead and is on screen a lot, and Norman can demand it because of his following - but Sarah Wayne Callies or Melissa McBride? - not worth $30 IMO. At least Laurie Holden has made a name for herself and has been in a lot of stuff as a leading actress too. But anyone past Norman Reedus on this list should only be around $20.

It's funny, only in the past few years I've seen the autograph price jump from the standard $20 to $30, $40, even $60 and $80!

But that steel would look BEAUTIFUL with all them signatures!!!! ;)

Reactions: dfoles
I have made it my policy to only pay for autographs if I know for sure 100% of the proceeds are going to a charity. I am not shelling out a dime just so some well off schmuck can stuff even more money in their pockets. I think the whole activity has become shameful on both sides of the transaction.

Last edited:
I know we're going off topic here...but my two cents is this, paying those prices for sigs is fine IF the actors AREN'T working anymore (ex. Old 80's horror and action flicks) but THESE guys?!? They're making money hand over fist with this show!

I saw this in my target the other day, but I dunno I was never big on these jumbo's so I just passed. Also I have the limited tank head edition.

Actually those ES ones are really nice, too

not to be too much off topic but as to the prices, if they charge too little and then others go and sell them for crazy prices then they are underpricing the signatures. Yes the actors probably shouldn't charge as much, but if they don't and some one goes and sells the signed steelbook for double then they figure there is more money to be charged. When they overcharge/charge market value scalpers can't get as much money.

Why can't the Steelbook look this nice? They are the same artwork but for some reason, each one is given different treatments. This one looks a lot simpler and to the point.

THE WALKING DEAD (in big font)
The Complete Third Season

And of course, better cropped, more close-up pic of Rick.

That's it. Enough. Perfect.

I honestly did not even realize that. It was just some custom art that I had found online that I had someone print and ship to me. I actually have the cover autographed now :hilarious:

Im glad I had the art printed because the steel is damaged so I just leave it on the shelf.