Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : March 12, 2014
Link : Plainarchive.com

Purchase links & price:
1/4 slip cover version - $34.99 - Sold Out
Full slip cover version - $35.99 - Sold Out
Use code O8XG0YTSKQ9Q for 5% order over $100

Notes: Korean creative blu-ray publisher Plain Archive's 1st steelbook is The Wrestler.
1 Disc / G2 size / White Base Layer / Matte varnish / 40 page Booklet (Plain Archive exclusive version) 16 page Booklet (Local Shop version) / Made in Denmark
Limited Print run (Numbered): 3k
1.5K for plainarchive.com (for international customers only) - Quarter slip : 500 units / Full slipcase : 1,000 units
1.5K for plainarchive.co.kr (for domestic customers only) - Quarter slip : 500 units / Full slipcase : 1,000 units
Exclusive extra items: 40p Booklet(Book cover is made of luxurious ‘Savile Row Plain’ paper), Two wrestling trading cards, Number sticker on movie trading card, Mini size re-design poster card, Luxurious exclusive sticker, Full slipcase(Title embossed & High quality royal ivory paper )

steelbook.png

steelbook_back.png

All the details:
1/4 slip cover version
1y8a.jpg

1492719_393308597480295_64825690_o.jpg

Full slip cover version
ghk7.jpg

1524060_393282310816257_1907813579_o.jpg

Plain Archive's exclusive sticker:
1512523_393287337482421_1370401804_n.png

-Gold metal textured finish
-luxurious leather textured sticker paper
-Removable sticker

Promo pictures:
spia.jpg

5oml.jpg

ojzz.jpg

8ve0.jpg

2zod.jpg

4egy.jpg

Actual Image:
5wzm.jpg

qqcv.jpg

gs0q.jpg

kxp5.jpg

7fmq.jpg

hr0n.jpg

9tck.jpg

aba0.jpg

(* Original date was February 26, 2014) / Pre-Orders start at 8:00 AM, Jan 18 (KST / UTC+9 hours)
1535369_393150204162801_2007814833_n.png

Attachments

• steelbook_front.jpg
    steelbook_front.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 3,989
  • steelbook_back.jpg
    steelbook_back.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 397
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
^ The left above image is the cover for the Japan amaray I just picked up. Good thing I like it better than the steel cover.

714H2qUiELL._AA1175_.jpg

I agree that spot gloss would look amazing, but I'm really surprised that the initial reaction on this doesn't look too good. Especially since the existing steels for this great movie are so plain and in my opinion, are terrible. I was really excited at first glance. However, I'm not super picky when it comes to matte or gloss. To each his own I guess...

Reactions: teddyjun
So is Plain Archive like the Korean Criterion? These steels they are releasing look pretty nice and its good they are bringing class and refinery to steelbooks. But whats the price going to be for these and will worldwide shipping be available?

Reactions: Bubbie and teddyjun
All matte = disappointing. I won't be buying and I reckon they'd struggle to sell 4k of these. That digibook/digibox packaging further up this page looks much better to me and would be better value for money to me.

Why waste such a unique and stunning design? All gloss would have been amazing but even a nice thick matte paint job and spot gloss title (I'm thinking a similar quality finish to the Blufans Face/Off) and it would have been a great release.

I feel for the person who wasted their time creating this awesome artwork because it will most likely look poor.

They're missing a major trick with not including gloss on the title. Such a shame really as that would've set it off perfectly

Matte finish on steelbook, no spot glossy at all.EEK!

Just matte like we always see many steelbook from zavvi. :drool:

It's already in production...it will be released on Feb, 2014.

All matte is OK, but is there 'NO' white base layer? EEK!

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

I asked about this situation. Plain Archive answered to me what it is white base layer on the bottom. :scat::scat:

It is just as well! Thanks Ted.

I'll be all over this like butter on bread :cool:.

Hoping it's the first of many more, and that Plain Archive will compete with Kimchi for my love and money :D.

Reactions: mlmaier84
Matte varnish? It looks from the photos like a similar matte to what Paramount used last year on the play.com releases (Shutter Island, Watchmen, etc), which would be a good thing.

It certainly looks good but as we all know, photos can be misleading.

Reactions: mlmaier84