Completed The X-Files (Season 11) [FOX]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
12347798_934481149922952_6109290659968740041_n.png

It’s official! After months of speculation, THE X-FILES will return to FOX in the form of a six-episode event series. Thirteen years after the original series wrapped (plus two films released theatrically), THE X-FILES creator/executive producer Chris Carter will helm the new series alongside returning stars, David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully).

Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman as well as Carter made the announcement earlier today, stating that the new series will begin production this summer. No further details were discussed, but with the production start-date so close, expect additional news to come to light rather soon.

Said Newman and Walden of returning to the world of Mulder and Scully:

We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES — one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers — and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.

THE X-FILES originally aired in September 1993 and continued on for nine years, winning numerous awards including Emmys, Golden Globes and a Peabody. A certified sci-fi phenomenon, the show followed the unexplained cases of FBI Agents Mulder and Scully as they solved mysteries and crimes related to the paranormal and unknown.

Attachments

• xfiles11.jpg
    xfiles11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,860
Last edited by a moderator:
Announcement from Fox should be coming any day now. According to Mitch Pileggi's recent tweet. :) A new limited series coming soon and shooting as soon as June this year!!

I have always loved the show, I have seen the full series right through about 4 times over and it is, as brilliant today as when I first watched it when it was first shown. The stories were incredible, the characters some of the best in tv history. I was only slightly disappointment about the end of the series, but I always look at it understandably, it was such an epic show, how could you write a fitting ending, I am not sure I would have known what to write either.

The films that followed, I thought were really well done, I loved them.

If they are going to carry on, I would have maybe liked another film as with a series consistency can go down particularly after being so amazing for so long but I would hope if they are making a series it would be done with the same quality used previously.

Last edited:
Pretty awesome they are coming back with this. The x-files in my opinion had a huge impact on a lot of stuff we watch today. My GF and I are currently watching the entire show on netflix. This was before the reboot was even announced lol. She's never seen them and I used to watch it with my uncle when I was young. We're on season 4 epi 10 I think..we've been doing 1-2 epi's a day for the past month!

FOX have confirmed the deal is done for The X-Files to return as a new "event" series, comprised of six episodes, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson back as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Said The X-Files creator Chris Carter, in the press release announcing the show's return, "I think of it as a 13-year commercial break. The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

Production will begin this summer, but other details will be revealed later, including when the show will air on FOX.

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
I hope Vince Gilligan comes back. I love Chris Carter – and everything he did for us. But the last X-Files movie was like a mediocre episode of the TV show. He needs other writers.
This will never happen… But they should tie into the Twin Peaks revival.
In the 90's, they came close to getting David Lynch to direct an X-Files two-parter where Mulder and Scully would go to Twin Peaks to find out what happened to missing FBI agent Dale Cooper. That would've been epic.
I think rights issues got in the way.

All I know is- it can't end with Mulder and Scully in a rowboat in their bathing suits waving up at us saying Goodbye as pop music blares. It just can't be allowed to end that way!!!

I updated the OP, with the story from the front page. I'm so glad this is coming back. Definitely one of my favorites from the 90's.

Reactions: kaw
So this means they will finally release the complete original tv series on blu?

This is very exiting news indeed, huge fan of the show from the start, and even tolerated the last few seasons without our main leads. So reading the press release carefully, this is 6 separate stories rather than an overall arc it seems.

I've still got the DVD collectors numbered boxsets, I've had these soo long , the dreaded disc rot has begun to set in on some discs. And I'm sure I've got a couple of the VHS boxsets in the attic.

Yay!!!! Now all I can do is cross my fingers that the Lone Gunmen will be back. They brought them back for Season 10 comic book series. They can sure do the same for the mini-series!

Was so F#@KN stoked when I read this in the news yesterday or the day before... memories of the good old days :rofl: every Tuesday night was X-Files night at my place :greyalien::greyalien::greyalien: having watched the entire series at least 4 times over the past decade :wow: its a perfect time to watch again! all time favorite tv show ever!!! a decent bluray box set release would be great but until then my DVD box sets will suffice :)

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: This is f**** awesome news :) :) :) :) I was 100% sure that X-Files was dead and buried long time ago and now they are bringing the back :) :) :) :)

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!
alien_dance.gif
smiley_dance07s.gif
alien_dance.gif
(happy dance time :D)

Yeah been rumored for some time and thedigitalbits said fox was working on it. Can't imagine they wouldn't take this chance to let it loose to coincide-let us hope! The truth is out there!
I doubt that the news of this mini-event has any correlation to the blu-ray set. They've been "working" on the blu-ray for a looooonnng time. I've given up hope. Pretty great news that we get 6 more episodes of this fantastic series though!