Completed The X-Files (Season 11) [FOX]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
12347798_934481149922952_6109290659968740041_n.png

It’s official! After months of speculation, THE X-FILES will return to FOX in the form of a six-episode event series. Thirteen years after the original series wrapped (plus two films released theatrically), THE X-FILES creator/executive producer Chris Carter will helm the new series alongside returning stars, David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully).

Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman as well as Carter made the announcement earlier today, stating that the new series will begin production this summer. No further details were discussed, but with the production start-date so close, expect additional news to come to light rather soon.

Said Newman and Walden of returning to the world of Mulder and Scully:

We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES — one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers — and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.

THE X-FILES originally aired in September 1993 and continued on for nine years, winning numerous awards including Emmys, Golden Globes and a Peabody. A certified sci-fi phenomenon, the show followed the unexplained cases of FBI Agents Mulder and Scully as they solved mysteries and crimes related to the paranormal and unknown.

Attachments

• xfiles11.jpg
    xfiles11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,859
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah not sure @Ranavalone but this is what was chattered about back in July 2014 at thedigitalbits

What Fox did NOT announce unfortunately are the long-awaited anniversary Blu-ray releases of James Cameron’s True Lies and The Abyss. Nor did they say a peep about their just-completed HD restoration ofThe X-Files: The Complete Series. And thus we enter the realm of the Rumor Mill information gleaned from Comic-Con (so take what follows with the appropriate grain of salt)...

Our best industry sources tell us that the delay in announcing True Lies and The Abyss is once again all Cameron-related. The man simply works at his own pace, and he’s busy preparing for the start of filming on hisAvatar sequels. Fox will have to announce these BDs soon if they hope to get them out this year (which marks major anniversaries for each film). The next likely opportunity to do so would be October, which is when Cameron is set to begin filming the Avatar sequels. That would also ensure pre-orders are open for Black Friday Week. But we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

As for The X-Files, the delay in announcing an official Blu-ray release might have a little something to do with this: As it’s been reported from Comic-Con, and frankly as we’ve suspected here at The Bits for a while now, series creator Chris Carter is in talks with Fox about returning to the franchise either with a reboot series, or a new feature film, or possibly both. (Read more here at Den of Geek). Waiting for any kind of official announcement about such a project before announcing a BD release of the series makes tons of sense from a studio marketing perspective, but again we’ll have to wait and see.

If they did a restoration they mention here, I still have hope:)

Lone Gunmen was fun too, usual response by Fox for something we enjoy.....cough..."Firefly"....cough.
Anyone get into Millenium...thought that was great too.
Didn't mind Harsh Realm either...

Reactions: denizen
Havent seen all of Millennium, DB? :wow:

You HAVE to watch! And of course, don't forget that it ends in the Season 7 episode of X-Files titled, "Millennium" :)

Reactions: Lakerone
Havent seen all of Millennium, DB? :wow:

You HAVE to watch! And of course, don't forget that it ends in the Season 7 episode of X-Files titled, "Millennium" :)

Forgot about the hookup in Season 7, need to dig back in....
Millennium was very intense, quite enjoyable, can't stop enjoying Lance's voice, being enjoying the little part he has in Blacklist lately...

Lone Gunmen was fun too, usual response by Fox for something we enjoy.....cough..."Firefly"....cough.
Anyone get into Millenium...thought that was great too.
Didn't mind Harsh Realm either...

Aww I loved the wee spin off the lone gunmen, was sad it got cancelled so soon I loved those characters

The spin off was a little weak but im referring to exposure in the X-Files series itself. If anyone recently read the Season 10 comic series, you'll know what i mean.

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
I am really worried about this. Loved the x-files when I was younger but generally bringing shows back after being absence for a while don't work. Hope I'm proved wrong.

first like the show. then got pretty frustrated as nothing was really revealed and all the thing Scully saw and experienced she was still always the sceptical...the character did not evolve with the show.