Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: 14th of December, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192344-1214340183262405.jpg

11192344-3264340183274492.jpg 11192344-9334340183287227.jpg

Last edited:
Print run is unknown at the moment
I will though ask and if I get a reply I will post the info

It is possible these are only 2,000 each but that is just guessing at the moment
They have 8 Marvel steelbooks which could be 2000 or 1,000 each and these could mean overall print run of 16,000 or 8,000
Scanavo for example can do a 2,000 print run of a steelbook when 2 different steelbooks are requested same time and that makes the 4,000 quota reached

I will ask Zbox Curator on Twitter what the print run is for each steelbook

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia
@virkia
I just got a reply from Zbox Curator

The Marvel steelbooks print run 4,000 each

So when the Zbox curator says to you there are not many left of iron man and cap and will prob go up on sale over the next 2 weeks (see it myself on Twitter)
Do you really think they sold over 3000 of each iron man and cap with a Zbox?
After seeing the laughable email of just under 1000 left of Thor 2 I would say there are more iron man and cap leftovers than there are Thor 2 because of the Zbox

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
phew, that's a heck of a lot of Marvel steelbooks floating around - 28,000 of all 7 titles.
My guess would be that they have sold 1,000 each of "Iron Man" and "Captain America" with the same amount of ZBOXs with 3.000 of each to appear shortly as standalones . . .

Reactions: Norwichlad
Pre-ordered both the Thors, but the more i think about it, whats the point with print runs of 4000, just going to feel silly when they are half price after Xmas and from the look of CA and IM steelbooks there not all that to be honest, nice but nothing special.

Pre-ordered both the Thors, but the more i think about it, whats the point with print runs of 4000, just going to feel silly when they are half price after Xmas and from the look of CA and IM steelbooks there not all that to be honest, nice but nothing special.

Exactly, may as well wait and buy them for half the price. I know it's Marvel but I just think that once word gets out that these are nothing special aside from the lenticular then people will no longer buy them on day one or, like me, just avoid them altogether. It's a bad time of year to be blowing a huge amount of money on a needless wave of steelbooks anyway.

The constant mediocrity of zavvi releases is just staggering.

So the Zbox curator on Twitter has confirmed these were design choices to do them as matte and not gloss as it "compliments them" lol and that a magnet would not work on gloss (which is ridiculous).

Also states that gloss is a next to nothing cost lol

So these will all be matte I'm afraid

• Informative
Reactions: schrute farms
Steelbook One to steelbook Two "Hiya, mate, how ya doin - what a handsome steelbook you are you are, what a handsome steelbook you are" ;)

Just spitballing here but maybe the lenticular magnet 'sticks' better to a matte surface than to a gloss surface ?

Last edited:
This Marvel wave is also concidered to be very good according to the Zbox curator. Hmm.. then why are everyone complaining and canceling?

Reactions: Flloydo
Just spitballing here but maybe the lenticular magnet 'sticks' better to a matte surface than to a gloss surface ?
Every steelbook lenticular magnet that I've ever tried, has stuck just fine on my high gloss finish fridge for several weeks before taking them off :LOL: The thin layers of paint don't really matter much there.

I had pre-ordered the steelbooks in this Zavvi Marvel wave (except the Zbox hostages), just in case they'd turn out to be something spectacular.

All cancelled now, very easy passes at the current prices.

I can certainly appreciate that a Marvel completionist or somebody who has missed the previous releases, would want to get these. It just looks like there will be future steelbook releases for Marvel films ad infinitum and I'm sure better ones will come up sooner or later.

Steelbook One to steelbook Two "Hiya, mate, how ya doin - what a handsome steelbook you are you are, what a handsome steelbook you are" ;)

It's a magnet, don't matter if it's matte or gloss, it's the metal it's attracted to lol

Can't let go of how this steel is so badly photoshopped, it hurts my aesthetic senses. This wouldnt even make it in to a novice photoshop contest of 4000 participants.
Its just ugly in every sense :yuck:

Can't let go of how this steel is so badly photoshopped, it hurts my aesthetic senses. This wouldnt even make it in to a novice photoshop contest of 4000 participants.
Its just ugly in every sense :yuck:

I have no idea how you can say this lenti release will be ugly when compared to this horrible piece of poop
image.jpeg