Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon Mega Thread-June 29,2011

Which is your favorite Transformers movie?

• Transformers

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Transformers

• Transformers

• Total voters

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
movies.ign.com/articles/103/1030366p1.html

Giant f*****g robots will storm back into theaters come summer 2011, so sayeth director Michael Bay.

The Transformers series director made the following announcement today at his official site: "Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012. Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters."

Bay also jokingly addressed the public rift between himself and his leading lady. "P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture," the director blogged, adding a litany of physical side effects that can result from collaborating with him and urging her to contact her physician. He added that "Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3."

That would mean Bad Boys III is at least five years away, if it's still even in the works (at least with Bay involved). Ditto I Am Number Four.

Bay had been on the fence about returning for Transformers 3 in recent months (especially after Paramount announced the July 1, 2011 release date without checking his availability first), emphasizing his need for a break from the franchise after shooting two giant movies back-to-back. No rest for the weary, Mr. Bay.

This should be the tag line:

"This time, Shia LaBeouf goes to robot-hell, except he DOESNT...COME...BACK!!!!!!"

sounds like megan was the bitchy one. "I don't wanna do it...."
I dont know i like both bay and megan so i dont wanna choose a side but i cant beleive they went out and got somone with no acting experience at all and that is way below a 6 in my book.

yes... the racist gangster ones.
where they trying to be gangsta or just freaking idiots which happen to sound like black guys?
the two small cars, i think red and green... idk. i need to watch it again. Think they die during the sandstorm monster.

Orange and green they have changed colors for this one. so has optimus from the reports not to much but a little.

I dont know i like both bay and megan so i dont wanna choose a side but i cant beleive they went out and got somone with no acting experience at all and that is way below a 6 in my book.

I hear that Michael is REALLY sexist. There's been like 3 actresses come out saying that he treated them like ****.

where they trying to be gangsta or just freaking idiots which happen to sound like black guys?

Well, this whole area has to be worded carefully. We're not supposed to discuss race, and I don't want to come off the wrong way so I'll go step-by-step... haha

Alright, first I don't think there's such a thing as talking, sounding, or acting black. Obama doesn't talk, sound, or act like Ice Cube...

With that out of the way I can say why I believe they were racist.

They spoke in a manner which, to most, is associated with black people from the streets. One of them had a gold front tooth, which is also associated (though stereotypically) with black people. They acted like complete morons and even commented that they could't read, whereas the other transformers had no problems reading.

I realize some people will say they're just transformers, but they're really not. You can say a lot with non-human things...

A friend of mine took this picture while at work. Set of transformers in Chicago

IMG00015-20100716-0720.jpg

Nice! I wonder if they are going to be filming around here again. During the shoot of the second, on my way home I saw the cop car and the camero with the decepticon and autobots insignias being hauled over to long beach. Pretty awesome if you ask me :D

Here's some tidbits (Rumors!) for TF3.

We’ve seen quite a few spy pics from the set of Transformers 3, but so far the actual story details have remained guarded. But now a big chunk of info has broken out into the wild. Want to know how the movie opens, which will obviously have some serious impact on the story as a whole? Read on.
Note that this is all spoiler stuff. If you’re averse to spoilers, don’t even hit the jump.

CHUD has this report, and though there aren’t any big character or story details here, this gives away a nice little opening jolt. The film opens with a disturbance on the moon — it’s a robot of some sort, and as info gets passed through NASA to higher and higher officials, there’s a lot of frantic running about. Finally the report arrives at the White House, where it lands on the President’s desk.

…and the President is John F. Kennedy. CHUD reports that this all leads up to the Transformers having something to do with the space race, and the fact that the US was desperate to get to the moon. It wasn’t just the Cold War; there was something vitally important to find up there.

That’s a fun, playful thing, and CHUD reports that it’s a Steven Spielberg idea. Not difficult to see how that might be the case, as it’s right up his alley. Certainly a great way to open the movie, if nothing else. Now if this holds true and the rest of the film can follow throught, maybe we’ll have a real rebound from Revenge of the Fallen.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/15/details-on-the-opening-minutes-of-transformers-3/#ixzz0trl23akl

Splax-cool pic-thanks for sharing. So, Michael Bay recently said, that T3 is it for him, where this franchise is concerned. Do you think it's a good choice? Do you think someone else will pick it up?

I really dont think any movie series should be more than a trilogy. but since this will prob make a boat load of money they will prob do a reboot or something.

They are setting up to film in the parking lot behind our office. I was told Optimus Prime will be there in a few days so I am hoping to snag a few pictures of that. They will also be filming at the Train Station were they shot some scenes for the first movie. I saw them setting up there as well.

Its exciting seeing all these movies and tv shows being filmed where I live.

IMG00022-20100826-1142.jpg

IMG00024-20100826-1159.jpg

IMG00026-20100826-1201.jpg

Transformers 3 NOT being shot in 3D

Take this with a grain of salt, most news regarding this film has been changed more often, than I change my underwear....(trust me, often)...;)

Link

No more Transformers for Shia LaBeouf

What did he have to say?:

"This is, and I'm not just BS-ing you, it's the best movie we've made of the three by far."

Well, it couldn't be any worse than part 2. More from Shia:

"The script is the best script we've had. The second movie, we were in the middle of a writers' strike, writing on the go. The first movie, we had the discovery, and this movie really is the fruition of the rhythm we've created out of five years working together. I'm super proud of this movie."

And more from Shia:

"There's no more for me, at least. I'm never going to do it again. This is the last one, so it's balls-out. This is the best movie we've made, period, and that's a unanimous decision by everybody. The sizzle reel that [Bay] has been showing everybody on set, it's so outrageous. I'm very, very, very, very proud of it."

And even more from Shia:

"I've seen about 10 minutes of it — just the stuff we shot in Chicago — and it's pretty awesome. It's all in Michael Bay's head, so you never know what the film's going to turn out like, but judging by the script and what we've shot, it's, I think, every bit as good, if not better than, the first two."

So the twins where product of a writer strike? Either way i liked 2 and ! was great I never had a doubt in my mind the 3rd and final movie would be great sucks the ugly replacement for fox though( the chick is not cute how did she model)

I thought they were going to film parts of it with 3D cameras? Are they now going to do post 3D processing? ugh...bummer.:(

UPDATE: After digging deeper, it appears 3D cameras were used throughout production.

Once we contacted sources closer to production, it appears Michael Bay did not ditch the 3D cameras for Transformers 3. If anything, the 3D technicians likely found alternative ways to effectively use the 3D rigs while filming in Chicago. The information from our source was apparently four to five weeks old and very well may have changed between then and when we spoke.

Further discussions reveal that while 3D cameras were used throughout production, not every camera shot is native 3D. While some of the footage may be converted in post-production, there were always 3D cameras somewhere on set. Rest assured, Michael Bay’s Transformers 3 will still be a 3D movie.

I apologize for running with information that was not fully formed, as the intention was to simply present a newsworthy topic for discussion. Nothing was fabricated, but rather information from the source was outdated. We can admit we were wrong in this post (me especially), but know that we always approach stories with good intentions to deliver timely news as accurately as possible.