Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective: Season 1
Price: £21.99
Notes: spot gloss finish.

81lTFVqFCkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Love the show, but I wouldn't buy this unless steels for the other seasons were a definite... *cough* Walking Dead. :cautious:

In a way yes id like more tv shows to get steelbooks but it's just another way of the companies to totally rip people off for old shows but putting them in steelbooks and we all get sucked in :(

it's not like you have to buy them:thumbs: it's always better if you have lots steelbooks to chose which one you want rather than nothing .

Reactions: digitalbabe
Seems odd to list then cancel this.
Seems to be some sort of listing error, but let's hope it's founded on some potential release information.

Pretty good series, the acting and cinematography were excellent but a very predictable story and lots of filler. I enjoyed Fargo a lot more and would love to see a steelbook with the Mondo artwork.

I wish more tv-shows received the steelbook treatment. I'd love one for Fargo as well. There's a great Mondo poster out there for Fargo that would be great for a steelbook.

Would also be up for Fargo too. Great series that compliments the film. Looking forward to the 2nd series

Reactions: George Pearce
100% agree. Can't stand seeing three seasons of The Walking Dead sat on my shelf. Such is life!

You should get the German steelbook jumbo edition of season 4, it complements the season 3 ES Exclusive jumbo quite well :). Sure it's not from Jock, the artwork is a very different style, but when you look at the spines it's quite alright (it's yellow where the others were white/gray, but unless you have OCD that's really not a bother). And I feel like they will continue to release steelbooks for season 5, 6 and probably through season 13 given the ratings.

They should do a steelbook edition for The Americans: best American dramatic series on television, folks — I hear Game of Thrones fans breathing down my neck, and I love GoT too (my second favorite drama undoubtedly), but The Americans does everything right, improves season after season, the family stuff is actually good and complements the stories, and I love the espionage/cold war genre. Truly the most underrated show on TV (in terms of popularity with viewers and Award shows, because otherwise critics are all over it).

But Fox UK royally screwed up by not even released season 2 of The Americans on Blu-ray, there are only DVDs, so unless they've been holding off for, say, an exclusive Blu-ray steelbook (soooo unlikely), it's not happening. That this type of stuff is happening in 2015 is a travesty (and much like the UK, France isn't getting Blu-rays for season 2 either, even though season 1 was also released on Blu-ray here, too).

Thing is True Detectives Seasons could be seen as separate stories since they don't follow on from each other. While Walking Dead has an overall story.

Yeah the second series and so on could be terrible but it wouldn't bother me at all because they will also be separate series and I would look at this series as a unique one off

Pretty good series, the acting and cinematography were excellent but a very predictable story and lots of filler. I enjoyed Fargo a lot more and would love to see a steelbook with the Mondo artwork.

I was very disappointed with this series, I wanted to be blown away by it but so far only Breaking Bad and The Sopranos have lived up to the hype.

Maybe I'll give it another go, it might be one of those shows that need multiple viewings.

Reactions: Snollygoster