Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective: Season 1
Price: £21.99
Notes: spot gloss finish.

81lTFVqFCkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'm hoping it will just say "True Detective" because since each series will be different you could look at them as their own mini series.

Having Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 etc will end up giving it that TV show vibe.....even though it is I wouldn't want the Steelbook to make it obvious.

I think Zavvi or someone else should be doing TV shows as steelbooks. Only the good ones though and hopefully ones which have finished for good so they have consistent art designs.

X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, LOST, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad (with better artwork)

Hell throw in the IT Crowd aswell.

As much as I do love most of the shows you mentioned there (especially X-Files, Lost and Fringe) I feel like Mad Men will be the next tv-show to get the steelbook treatment. I could easily imagine the show's key-art that's been used over the years on steelbooks.. (forgive the small image)

Screen_shot_2015_04_01_at_18_37_48.png

Can't believe it sold out already, thought we had ordered it but can't find order maybe didn't go through, anyone tag me in if/when it comes back in stock

Just received this e-mail from Zavvi

Thank you for pre-ordering the True Detective Steelbook with us.

I’m very sorry, due to licensing restrictions that we have recently been made aware of, we will no longer be stocking this title. Therefore this item will be cancelled from your order.

I apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
zavvi
ImageProxy.mvc

That's strange did it not get cancelled from BASE also??

It's odd when it is being released in other countries

I never received that email from Zavvi and my order hadn't been cancelled... obviously I've cancelled it myself now though. £22 for this amazing show in steelbook form with Mondo art is a great price!

Reactions: meth head