Mondo Twin Peaks - OST by Angelo Badalamenti (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: Online August 10, in stores September 9, 2016
Purchase Link & Price:
Mondotees.com - 23 USD
Transmission Records - 26,99 GBP
Zavvi.com - 24,99 GBP
Amazon.co.uk - 38,99 GBP

Note:
Pressed on 180 Gram 'Damn Fine Coffee' colored vinyl , Artwork by Sam Smith, full package design by Jay Shaw, 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti, housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket, comes with obi strip

c29dbc24-e940-41e6-b315-7875d9b662bd.jpg

b3d59cf2-d3de-4968-a882-e97367ef2785.jpg
0b751bb5-80fd-4cba-a946-8a1313da00bc.jpg

twin-peaks-soundtrack-vinyl-reissue-death-waltz-recordings-obi-strip-781x521.jpg

06TwinPeaks-Package2_1024x1024.jpg

Hey folks - we only have one new release for you this week. It’s the score to a little known TV series set in the fictional town of Twin Peaks...funnily enough called Twin Peaks! We are overjoyed to finally be releasing this for you. The package is really handsome: it's minimal, understated and (best of all) approved by both David Lynch & Angelo Badalamenti, which is absolutely thrilling for us.

Also, we listened to your concerns about availability. We pressed one version of this record - that means no limited variants, but it also means nobody should miss out on getting this reissue!

As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM (CST).

One of the greatest scores ever recorded is finally back in print for the first time in 25 years! We went back to the Warner archives, where engineer Tal Miller cut us brand new vinyl masters. We then worked with Dave Cheppa at Plush Vinyl to cut us new lacquers. Finally we asked Rainbo to press the record on 180g vinyl for the best possible sound quality.

The record comes housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti; the cover image by Sam Smith comes approved by David Lynch himself! The gatefold sleeve is then housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text. The whole affair is finished with a top loading obi strip & pressed on ‘Damn Fine Coffee' colored vinyl.

“I'm glad that after 25 years, Death Waltz Recording Company has re-released the original soundtrack for Twin Peaks for a new audience to enjoy. This is my defining work as a composer and I’m happy it will get a fresh listen” - Angelo Badalamenti, 2016

Side A
Twin Peaks Theme
Laura Palmer’s Theme
Audrey’s Dance
The Nightingale
Freshly Squeezed

Side B
The Bookhouse Boys
Into The Night
Night Life In Twin Peaks
Dance Of The Dream Man
Love Theme From Twin Peaks
Falling

c29dbc24-e940-41e6-b315-7875d9b662bd.jpg

Ever since it was first hinted by by Death Waltz Recording Company, record collectors have been yearning —often audibly— for the vinyl reissue of Angelo Badalamenti‘s original Twin Peaks soundtrack. Two years in the making, and 26 years after its original release in September 1990, the re-release is ready to hit the stores for US $23. Both online on August 10 via Mondotees, and in retail stores worldwide on September 9. Select participating stores listed below will even hold a Twin Peaks coffee and pie event on Tuesday, September 6th, with a preview sale of the soundtrack.

Today, Welcome to Twin Peaks is excited and honored to finally reveal the full package and details!
Twin Peaks – Original Score By Angelo Badalamenti LP
Back in print for the first time in 25 years, the record now comes housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti. The cover image by Sam Smith comes approved by director David Lynch himself.

b3d59cf2-d3de-4968-a882-e97367ef2785.jpg
0b751bb5-80fd-4cba-a946-8a1313da00bc.jpg

twin-peaks-soundtrack-vinyl-reissue-death-waltz-recordings-obi-strip-781x521.jpg

The gatefold sleeve is housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Mondo’s Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text.

The whole affair is finished with a top loading obi strip and pressed on “Damn fine coffee” vinyl. Death Waltz went back to the Warner archives where Tal Miller cut brand new vinyl masters, and then worked with Rainbo to press the record on 180g vinyl for the best possible sound quality.

Side A
Twin Peaks Theme
Laura Palmer’s Theme
Audrey’s Dance
The Nightingale
Freshly Squeezed

Side B
The Bookhouse Boys
Into The Night
Night Life In Twin Peaks
Dance Of The Dream Man
Falling

source

@dan8885 @spass @Sigill @Flloydo

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 257562

Ever since it was first hinted by by Death Waltz Recording Company, record collectors have been yearning —often audibly— for the vinyl reissue of Angelo Badalamenti‘s original Twin Peaks soundtrack. Two years in the making, and 26 years after its original release in September 1990, the re-release is ready to hit the stores for US $23. Both online on August 10 via Mondotees, and in retail stores worldwide on September 9. Select participating stores listed below will even hold a Twin Peaks coffee and pie event on Tuesday, September 6th, with a preview sale of the soundtrack.

Today, Welcome to Twin Peaks is excited and honored to finally reveal the full package and details!
Twin Peaks – Original Score By Angelo Badalamenti LP
Back in print for the first time in 25 years, the record now comes housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti. The cover image by Sam Smith comes approved by director David Lynch himself.

View attachment 257560 View attachment 257561
View attachment 257559
The gatefold sleeve is housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Mondo’s Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text.

The whole affair is finished with a top loading obi strip and pressed on “Damn fine coffee” vinyl. Death Waltz went back to the Warner archives where Tal Miller cut brand new vinyl masters, and then worked with Rainbo to press the record on 180g vinyl for the best possible sound quality.

Side A
Twin Peaks Theme
Laura Palmer’s Theme
Audrey’s Dance
The Nightingale
Freshly Squeezed

Side B
The Bookhouse Boys
Into The Night
Night Life In Twin Peaks
Dance Of The Dream Man
Falling

source

@dan8885 @spass @Sigill @Flloydo

Cheers for the tag mate, I would really like to get this but it mentions a worldwide release, does that mean the same package as in coffee vinyl or will worldwide be black, I know it mentions no variants but I wasn't sure if that meant just with mondotees, I've never ordered from them before

AWESOME release :woot::woot::woot: Thanks for the information and tag @martinouchou :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

MUST BUY! 23 USD is a steal :hungry:

Great price, do we know how much shipping will roughly be?

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Cheers for the tag mate, I would really like to get this but it mentions a worldwide release, does that mean the same package as in coffee vinyl or will worldwide be black, I know it mentions no variants but I wasn't sure if that meant just with mondotees, I've never ordered from them before
One version for everyone ;) So if you buy from Mondo or from your local store you'll have the same thing. But if you order from Mondo you can order it Wednesday as for your local store you'll have to wait September

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885

Great price, do we know how much shipping will roughly be?

Shipping is 12 USD. I'll buy with Mondo. Normally all Mondo releases go over here for the same price with shipping or more expensive. I don't want to gamble with this OST even if I may loose some bucks. It's a favorite!

One version for everyone ;) So if you buy from Mondo or from your local store you'll have the same thing. But if you order from Mondo you can order it Wednesday as for your local store you'll have to wait September
Shipping is 12 USD. I'll buy with Mondo. Normally all Mondo releases go over here for the same price with shipping or more expensive. I don't want to gamble with this OST even if I may loose some bucks. It's a favorite!

Cheers for that,
I've focused a little more on steels this month (including my first blufans GB which is not cheap lol) so I might just risk it and wait for September in the UK.

Good to hear it's all the same package, love the look of the coffee vinyl, package looks and sounds cool plus yeah love the music too.

Dan do you mean mondo is a little more expensive? (With the may loose some bucks)

• Thanks
Cheers for that,
I've focused a little more on steels this month (including my first blufans GB which is not cheap lol) so I might just risk it and wait for September in the UK.

Good to hear it's all the same package, love the look of the coffee vinyl, package looks and sounds cool plus yeah love the music too.

Dan do you mean mondo is a little more expensive? (With the may loose some bucks)

I mean even if Mondo could be a little more expensive than in shops in September I'll play safe and order. I've waited to many moons for this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I mean even if Mondo could be a little more expensive than in shops in September I'll play safe and order. I've waited to many moons for this.

That's fair dos

If it wasn't for all the stupidly expensive premium steels I want this month i would jump on it on Wednesday, if it was something I felt stronger about like you do for this i would juggle stuff about to order it (say a special life aquatic with steve Zissou coloured vinyl package - still got my fingers crossed this will happen one day)

• Thanks