Mondo Twin Peaks - OST by Angelo Badalamenti (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: Online August 10, in stores September 9, 2016
Purchase Link & Price:
Mondotees.com - 23 USD
Transmission Records - 26,99 GBP
Zavvi.com - 24,99 GBP
Amazon.co.uk - 38,99 GBP

Note:
Pressed on 180 Gram 'Damn Fine Coffee' colored vinyl , Artwork by Sam Smith, full package design by Jay Shaw, 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti, housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket, comes with obi strip

c29dbc24-e940-41e6-b315-7875d9b662bd.jpg

b3d59cf2-d3de-4968-a882-e97367ef2785.jpg
0b751bb5-80fd-4cba-a946-8a1313da00bc.jpg

twin-peaks-soundtrack-vinyl-reissue-death-waltz-recordings-obi-strip-781x521.jpg

06TwinPeaks-Package2_1024x1024.jpg

Hey folks - we only have one new release for you this week. It’s the score to a little known TV series set in the fictional town of Twin Peaks...funnily enough called Twin Peaks! We are overjoyed to finally be releasing this for you. The package is really handsome: it's minimal, understated and (best of all) approved by both David Lynch & Angelo Badalamenti, which is absolutely thrilling for us.

Also, we listened to your concerns about availability. We pressed one version of this record - that means no limited variants, but it also means nobody should miss out on getting this reissue!

As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM (CST).

One of the greatest scores ever recorded is finally back in print for the first time in 25 years! We went back to the Warner archives, where engineer Tal Miller cut us brand new vinyl masters. We then worked with Dave Cheppa at Plush Vinyl to cut us new lacquers. Finally we asked Rainbo to press the record on 180g vinyl for the best possible sound quality.

The record comes housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti; the cover image by Sam Smith comes approved by David Lynch himself! The gatefold sleeve is then housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text. The whole affair is finished with a top loading obi strip & pressed on ‘Damn Fine Coffee' colored vinyl.

“I'm glad that after 25 years, Death Waltz Recording Company has re-released the original soundtrack for Twin Peaks for a new audience to enjoy. This is my defining work as a composer and I’m happy it will get a fresh listen” - Angelo Badalamenti, 2016

Side A
Twin Peaks Theme
Laura Palmer’s Theme
Audrey’s Dance
The Nightingale
Freshly Squeezed

Side B
The Bookhouse Boys
Into The Night
Night Life In Twin Peaks
Dance Of The Dream Man
Love Theme From Twin Peaks
Falling

Shipping is 12 USD. I'll buy with Mondo. Normally all Mondo releases go over here for the same price with shipping or more expensive. I don't want to gamble with this OST even if I may loose some bucks. It's a favorite!
I must admit that looks awesome, love the look of the coffee colour Vinyl! How is Mondo's shipping Dan, do they mark customs friendly.:)

I'm not actually a fan of the show... bought the box set not too long ago and tried to stick with it, but I just found it really boring. The theme tune did my head in after a while too. :bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks @dan8885 !:thumbs: Mondo is sold out, so I went to Zavvi. Where, btw this works! :
10% off with ZAVWEL54 and this LINK
Soon to be collector's item I am sure!!

It was said that this is a online pre-sale and it would hit the retail stores September 9. But who knows if it's this or just a regular black vinyl then ...
After 3 years waiting I didn't want to miss out so I ordered when it went live.

I'm afraid of ordering Vinyl from Zavvi since their packaging is such a mess. Fingers crossed you receive yours mint bud!

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and C.C. 95
It was said that this is a online pre-sale and it would hit the retail stores September 9. But who knows if it's this or just a regular black vinyl then ...

I'm afraid of ordering Vinyl from Zavvi since their packaging is such a mess. Fingers crossed you receive yours mint bud!
Well, there is always time to cancel the Zavvi pre Order if that turns out to be the case.
I would need much more info regarding print run and the specifics of the retail stores. But, you are right that, for now, better safe than sorry to get your pre order in.:thumbs:
Getting Vinyl in the mail from across the pond from Zavvi? Yep, that will be an interesting experiment! I would have to bet that they would use standard vinyl shippers, and not some huge box!!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95

Yes nick thanks, just ordered with the code

Cheers Dan, went with zavvi in the end.

Thanks @dan8885 !:thumbs: Mondo is sold out, so I went to Zavvi. Where, btw this works! :
10% off with ZAVWEL54 and this LINK
Soon to be collector's item I am sure!!

Ordered with the code before I see your post, literally see noodles post and jumped on zav
But cheers CC

Says in the listing coffee vinyl and also had a pic. I'll take the risk

• Thanks
I was talking about the release on September 9 in regular stores mate :thumbs: You're all set :thumbs:

Lol it's been a long day, I now have 3 vinyls pre ordered with zavvi (this, planet earth and thrones 6) but I'm a little worried because of your experience, I've only had one from them and it was fine so fingers crossed.

I'm glad I managed to get an order in though. Should be a good release
I know your looking forward to it so I hope it pleases you mate

• Thanks
Thanks @C.C. 95! I'm a bit dubious about Zavvi's packaging but that is the best value. Thanks for the heads up mate!:)

The packaging I got my last vinyl in was the same as what I've had from Hmv, Amazon and eBay & discogs sellers but maybe that was a fluke.

Also just noticed zav have some of their older releases back that sold out months ago.

I'm hoping they get the taxi tri colour of taxi driver. Don't fancy the yellow one and gutted i missed it

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and dan8885
Lol it's been a long day, I now have 3 vinyls pre ordered with zavvi (this, planet earth and thrones 6) but I'm a little worried because of your experience, I've only had one from them and it was fine so fingers crossed.

I'm glad I managed to get an order in though. Should be a good release
I know your looking forward to it so I hope it pleases you mate

Don't forget that you're in the UK. So when Zavvi ships it arrives with you in 2-3 days latest. For me it takes sometimes up to 3-4 weeks. Audition Steelbook was shipped on July 7 and still didn't arrived. So even if their packaging is bad you got a high chance to receive it mint. But mine will be thrown around for some weeks in that bad packaging so I got very low chance ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Don't forget that you're in the UK. So when Zavvi ships it arrives with you in 2-3 days latest. For me it takes sometimes up to 3-4 weeks. Audition Steelbook was shipped on July 7 and still didn't arrived. So even if their packaging is bad you got a high chance to receive it mint. But mine will be thrown around for some weeks in that bad packaging so I got very low chance ;)

Good point mate, didn't think of that.
Same if I order from other certain places outside the UK (Amazon Canada for example although that seems to get here quicker than the uk Amazon!)

At least we have all managed to get one who did want one. Looking forward to this now :)

• Thanks
The packaging I got my last vinyl in was the same as what I've had from Hmv, Amazon and eBay & discogs sellers but maybe that was a fluke.

Also just noticed zav have some of their older releases back that sold out months ago.

I'm hoping they get the taxi tri colour of taxi driver. Don't fancy the yellow one and gutted i missed it
That's good news, hopefully they package them all like that! Yeah I saw Taxi Driver, I'm not a big fan of the plain yellow vinyls either, I would be tempted if it was the tri-colour one!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo