UP (3D/2D Blu-ray SteelBook Collector's Edition) (Blufans Exclusive #7) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BLUFANS Group Buys - Please read this thread about why Kevin will no longer be hosting on this forum.

This thread is to discuss the COLLECTOR'S BOXSET only.
If you want to discuss about the 3D or 2D steelbook, please click here.

UP BLUFANS COLLECTOR BOXSET Limited to 600 copies only
Release date: August 2014
blufansup-jpg.47234

The set will include:
1) Blufans exclusive steelbook
2) each steelbook and the boxset will have a matching number
3) about 10 or 15 medals
4) photo booklet
5) the set is Limited to 600 copies only

An important notice to EU members!!!!!! Update: (Jan 7, 2014)
Due to misinformation by the studio, the region code for UP release is wrong.

The correct information for UP 3 disc release should include:
3D BD region free (A,B and C)
2D BD region (A and C only)
Bonus Materials BD region (A and C only)

Artworks:

Actual pictures:
0957250f2og05fzbkclcnx.jpg

0957277085rlx45x4qfq4p.jpg

095728mv1c1063kzzmk0v4.jpg

095729eb4l8x2x48elejub.jpg

Attachments

• up1.jpg
    up1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 473
  • upback.jpg
    upback.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 503
  • UP3D.jpg
    UP3D.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 525
  • UP2D.jpg
    UP2D.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe this has not been released already, that's absolutely shameful. I really feel sorry for you guys still waiting for this :(.

BluFans's Up 3D has been quite the debacle, both individually and in this collector set. Even if BluFans deliver good products (I have Up 3D and it looks awesome), they're a joke as a company.

I remember joining the GB on October 12, paying €37.82 to Kevin on October 22, and then the long wait began. When you pay upfront like that, it's quite frustrating to witness such delays, especially when it's a big sum of money. I remember joking in November when I said we wouldn't get Up until February (back then it was supposed to be out in December, and initially it was October 2013)... turns out, it wasn't until April/May 2014. I got mine on May 9 (after paying the hub 7 weeks earlier), so all in all that's 8 months, almost as long as it takes to conceive a child, delivery included! :hilarious:

With all the trouble surrounding Kevin/the GBs, the constant delays, the frustration (to the people saying "be patient" (or the one guy saying "be patience" :D), "the wait enhances the enjoyment" or stuff like that -- no, it's beyond being patient here) : I'm not ready to get back into that anymore, I'm pretty much done with BluFans until they decide to behave professionally :( (hiring a guy to set up their long-promised international website would be a good start).

I'm not disparaging all of BluFans. I have had one very good experience with them, with Oz : The Great and Powerful, that was handled very well : I joined the GB on August 18, paid €42.51 to Kevin on September 26, paid €13.61 to David on November 11, and received the lenticular slip on November 16. 6 weeks between the payment of the steelbook and payment of the hub shipping is alright.

Just last week they announced Rio 2. Now it's just a rumor but, guys, you still have to deliver Pacific Rim, Gravity, Frozen, Thor, Thor - The Dark World, Kung-Fu Panda, Kung-Fu Panda 2, Need for Speed, Captain America – The First Avenger, Captain America – The Winter Soldier, plus a few regular steelbooks with a $25 BluFans slip/sticker (Rocky, JFK and another one, I think), and you're still thinking about new releases? EEK!

If I was looking forward to any of them, I would be pissed, but thankfully I am not. Sure, I'd buy Kung-Fu Panda 1 & 2 and if there's no French (or German) lenticular for Rio 2 then sure, I could go for Rio 2, but I wouldn't lose sleep if the opportunities don't present itself with some assurances from BF. Plus, given how things are going, their tentative steelbook of Rio 2 wouldn't reach us until 2016.

This "collector's edition" takes Kimchi's delays on the Infernal Affairs trilogy (and thankfully that's coming to an end soon) to a whole new level.

than the people on that other forum.

You're using italics for that "other forum" : is it like Voldemort now, The-Forum-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named? :D

Delayed until the end of June means delayed until August in BluFans tongue :p, hopefully it will be the last delay, you will get your box set and then have better GBs experiences on HDN, I can imagine that for a first group buy that has to be a source of anxiety, but usually it's smoother than that ;).

Last edited:
That is a truly stunning set, sadly too expensive for me. I'll have to settle for my steelbook which is nice :)

So if the 3D edition was region locked, how about this box set? Would this information be known yet, or will that be known once these are in hand?

Last edited:
I remember that the 3D disc is region free but the 2D disc is not .

Do you know anybody at Blufans that could confirm this please? I would hate to spend this much on the set and both discs be region locked. I would get this if I could watch the 3D disc, as I will just substitute the 2D version with a region two blu-ray.

Do you know anybody at Blufans that could confirm this please? I would hate to spend this much on the set and both discs be region locked. I would get this if I could watch the 3D disc, as I will just substitute the 2D version with a region two blu-ray.

Confirmed here - https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=872250&postcount=1432

An important notice to EU members!!!!!!

Due to misinformation by the studio, the region code for UP release is wrong.

The correct information for UP 3 disc release should include:

3D BD region free (A,B and C)
2D BD region (A and C only)
Bonus Materials BD region (A and C only)

That could effect some EU group buy members. If you would like to return your
2D and 3D slip edition, please contact me ASAP and you will be given a full refund.
This is an exception, and all the other Blufans releases will remain region-free.
sorry about any inconvenience!