UP (3D/2D Blu-ray SteelBook Collector's Edition) (Blufans Exclusive #7) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BLUFANS Group Buys - Please read this thread about why Kevin will no longer be hosting on this forum.

This thread is to discuss the COLLECTOR'S BOXSET only.
If you want to discuss about the 3D or 2D steelbook, please click here.

UP BLUFANS COLLECTOR BOXSET Limited to 600 copies only
Release date: August 2014
blufansup-jpg.47234

The set will include:
1) Blufans exclusive steelbook
2) each steelbook and the boxset will have a matching number
3) about 10 or 15 medals
4) photo booklet
5) the set is Limited to 600 copies only

An important notice to EU members!!!!!! Update: (Jan 7, 2014)
Due to misinformation by the studio, the region code for UP release is wrong.

The correct information for UP 3 disc release should include:
3D BD region free (A,B and C)
2D BD region (A and C only)
Bonus Materials BD region (A and C only)

Artworks:

Actual pictures:
0957250f2og05fzbkclcnx.jpg

0957277085rlx45x4qfq4p.jpg

095728mv1c1063kzzmk0v4.jpg

095729eb4l8x2x48elejub.jpg

Attachments

• up1.jpg
    up1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 478
  • upback.jpg
    upback.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 506
  • UP3D.jpg
    UP3D.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 528
  • UP2D.jpg
    UP2D.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 571
Last edited by a moderator:
My one of the most anticipated release of this year, incredible looking edition, thanks for pictures :woot: Now just to pray, keep fingers crossed and whatever else for coming this without any damage :ohno:

From facebook, the Up collectors set will be shipped this weekend , also Pacific rim will be shipped this weekend
Unfortunately, this was bull. An update from the extremely vocal and informative Kevin* over at the other forum:

Kevin said:
I understand you all are anxiously waiting the order. As we speak, the staffs are busy shipping all the orders now. Since there are about 3000 international and domestic orders (Pacific Rim and UP boxset) handling by limited shipping staffs in China, I predict it will take at least a week for them to complete the task. I will have the tracking # posted as soon as I get it from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

That thread has become very hostile towards anyone asking for updates. Kevin seems to have a very vocal and aggressive set of fangirls.

*LOLSARCASM

That thread has become very hostile towards anyone asking for updates. Kevin seems to have a very vocal and aggressive set of fangirls.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed; they act akin to a parent defending their newborn child from a rabid dog. Even simple questions relating to pre-orders, existing orders, timelines etc. are gunned down in seconds - with useless, unhelpful and irrelevant replies. I don't bother posting questions anymore, I just go straight to PM. Tipping a $65 steelbook is a farce also; how naive do you have to be to think his cut isn't included in that? Nobody works for free.

Anyway, I should get back on topic... It will be nice to finally get my hands on the steelbook. I don't care about the other bits, as I missed the steelbook only group buy.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed; they act akin to a parent defending their newborn child from a rabid dog. Even simple questions relating to pre-orders, existing orders, timelines etc. are gunned down in seconds - with useless, unhelpful and irrelevant replies.

It's because they all can't help but show their desperation. It's like a bunch of a addicts in a town with only one dealer (for lack of a nicer analogy). Want a Blufans release, but don't live in China/want to use a mail forwarder? You gotta go through this one guy and this one guy only. At this point why would Blufans even bother with a webstore? Taobao works perfectly fine for their local customers, and for everybody else their releases have turned into golden eggs that both collectors and good ol' scalpers are equally eager to get their hands on.

Look, I'm happy to admit I still get Blufans releases (just the movies I'm interested in) because when they do good work, it's very good work indeed. I mean, take this UP boxset for example. No point mincing words, it's ******* gorgeous. However, the current system they have going for buyers outside of China doesn't help things and only brings out the worst in people.

The only reason why I don't go crazy for these collector sets is because I have no idea where to put it. This one in particular seems big. I just prefer the sleekness of a steelbook I guess, collector sets seem too busy for me. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but I don't have the space for it.

Do you guys keep the steelbook in the box and out the entire set n your shelf or do you take the steelbook out and put it with the rest of the steels?

Truthfully, I'll probably sell the steelbook that comes inside as I already got the steel and lenticular slip already my.

But I'll probably keep the box on a separate shelf than my steels

It's because they all can't help but show their desperation. It's like a bunch of a addicts in a town with only one dealer (for lack of a nicer analogy). Want a Blufans release, but don't live in China/want to use a mail forwarder? You gotta go through this one guy and this one guy only. At this point why would Blufans even bother with a webstore? Taobao works perfectly fine for their local customers, and for everybody else their releases have turned into golden eggs that both collectors and good ol' scalpers are equally eager to get their hands on.

Look, I'm happy to admit I still get Blufans releases (just the movies I'm interested in) because when they do good work, it's very good work indeed. I mean, take this UP boxset for example. No point mincing words, it's ******* gorgeous. However, the current system they have going for buyers outside of China doesn't help things and only brings out the worst in people.

I agree with this guy and I admit it's really no fault of Kevin. I PMed him outside of the "other board" and he kindly apologized and gave me the update a couple days before he even posted it. He said to always go through him for accountability. However, eventually, there has to be a better system. With the extremely large amount of upcoming Steelbooks (Frozen, Wall-E, Marvel films and whatever else), it's likely that there is going to be alot of stress put on the guy and - God forbid - mistakes made by human error and fatigue. I mean that is alot of orders especially now since they've increased the quantities of Steelbooks. I'll put it this wa:. The Up Boxset is only 600 and Pacific Rim is not as large as the future print runs and they're just now being delivered. I know Kevin likes to make everyone happy and work until he can't any more...or something goes wrong (which ironically happened on the last "Up" group buy). Then I wonder how his "praisers" will react. Anything can go wrong and we can't put it all on one guy who may not always be equipped and/or informed. Also, I think with the numbers going up into the thousands now, this goes beyond being a "Group Buy". It's practically a small business and should be treated as such.

Another thing, I suggested to him that he should warn against "elitism" by members especially with the new VIP system. People could develop a sense of superiority and snobbiness towards new and/or anxious Group Buy participators. People have to realize we're all collectors but we may not all be able to throw $60-$80 on a Steelbook and sit for 4-6 months without getting a little antsy about our money. Either way, I believe there needs to be a new system of accountability - namely a world-wide accessible website - that eliminates the unnecessary and hateful comments, wondering about updates, stress on Kevin and put the focus and energy positively back on collecting.