What if...? The Plain Archive wish list

Jan 19, 2013
London, UK
Hi-as most of the people on here have the rather excellent Wrestler-PA steelbook I was wondering what titles people would like to see PA create next?

let's start;

-The Fountain
-Black Swan
-Memento
-Babel
-Brotherhood of the Wolf

let me know (in theory) what title you would like to see as a plain archive steel

thanks

I am a huge Jeff Nichols/Michael Shannon fan. I can just image the slips for TS & MUD :drool:

TAOJJBTCRF probably still holds up as my favourite western film. The score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis is one of, if not my favourite movie score ever!

That's the most epic acronym I've ever seen! :hilarious:

Still to see the film personally, I own the amaray but haven't watched it yet. Been meaning to for ages.

Reactions: meth head
Awesome film and Mud! :scat:

Here's a few recent releases that I'd love PA to give the steelbook treatment.

American Hustle
Dallas Buyers Club
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I actually quite like the UK slip version of Hustle, but who am I kidding, I would love it to receive the PA treatment haha.

I haven't seen Walter Mitty yet. I must get round to it.

Dear Plain Archive, if any film deserves your special treatment, it's this one:

le-quattro-volte-32634-1.jpg

If you haven't watched it, please do. It's the epitome of cinema as art. A PA special edition would send me off the scale with excitement. :ohno: For me, this would be the collector's edition of all collector's editions. I would die a happy man. :emb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646975/

Awesome film and Mud! :scat:

Here's a few recent releases that I'd love PA to give the steelbook treatment.

American Hustle
Dallas Buyers Club
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Mud was soooooooo boring. Please god don't let them pick that.

The other three are all really great choices though. Especially Hustle. I'd love that.

I'd like to see PA release more Korean titles, particularly ones that have yet to come out on Blu-ray.

-Jang Joon-hwan's Save The Green Planet (!!!!!!!!!!)
-Park Chan-wook's The Moon Is...The Sun's Dream, Trio and J.S.A.
-Na Hong-jin's The Yellow Sea Director's Cut (with English subtitles)

Really looking forward to PA's I Saw The Devil and Oldboy releases.

I know it isn't a contemporary film but I'd snap that up from PA. As I would with any Bergman. Scary to think of the potential of the PA catalogue given that they seem to go with generally brilliant films as opposed to mass market bilge. :ohno:

Wonderful isn't it! The potential PA catalogue is scary (financially) and so exciting as you quite rightly say. The majority of dross that's being released these days does nothing for me, so at least with PA and Kimchi, we have something to be excited for :D

Wonderful isn't it! The potential PA catalogue is scary (financially) and so exciting as you quite rightly say. The majority of dross that's being released these days does nothing for me, so at least with PA and Kimchi, we have something to be excited for :D

I agree Meth'Ed, regarding the blockbusters and what not. Thankfully though, there are a lot of niche/independent/foreign films being released, and that can only be a good thing...

Oh oh...we have another...a criminally little known gem, and one of Depp's finest performances in my view. Love this film...

The_Libertine_film.jpg

Reactions: psychoscot
I'd like to see PA release more Korean titles, particularly ones that have yet to come out on Blu-ray.

-Jang Joon-hwan's Save The Green Planet (!!!!!!!!!!)
-Park Chan-wook's The Moon Is...The Sun's Dream, Trio and J.S.A.
-Na Hong-jin's The Yellow Sea Director's Cut (with English subtitles)

Really looking forward to PA's I Saw The Devil and Oldboy releases.

Save the Green Planet is desperately in need of a Blu-ray release! Also The Happiness of the Katakuris, 3 Extremes, and Audition (remastered).

Reactions: themanfromunkle
I agree Meth'Ed, regarding the blockbusters and what not. Thankfully though, there are a lot of niche/independent/foreign films being released, and that can only be a good thing...

Oh oh...we have another...a criminally little known gem, and one of Depp's finest performances in my view. Love this film...

The_Libertine_film.jpg

Oh HELL YES! Would love to see PA release this! :cool:

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3