Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: June 1st, 2015
Purchase: Whiplash
Price: £20.99
Notes: Gloss with debossed title
Artwork as selected by Damien Chazelle from the Empire Online competition.

FRONT.JPG

BACK.JPG
steel1.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol feel bad for the first winner
Same here, but I'm sure they worked something out to keep him happy... maybe he still got the prize (Sony TV).

Well let's hope that in some way the mass cancelling had some effect on this change, being the unforeseen circumstance. I kept my order but am thankful for this change. Looks pretty good
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, and if it was, then it just goes to show that we CAN make a change by sticking together and taking action. ;)

Thank goodness that's been resolved. I'm a bit peeved I lost my initial discount on my cancelled order though. I got the 'we miss you' email from them today offering a 10% discount and it won't apply so I've messaged them demanding the discount be applied.

Oh dear! I see all the posts the other day about empire trying to contact bottlerocket and was slightly gobsmacked about it but I'm well over the moon about this now being the artwork.
I feel really bad for the original winner and it would kinda p*ss me off but this design was too class. The original winner should get a free copy (and maybe a slip especially made for him/her of their original design to say sorry) Looks like I'll have to re order now

Loving this new art.. Gloss would be awesome but if they can't spare the expense then maybe they could at least spot gloss the cymbal. :hungry:

I do feel for the original winner but this was the better choice for the steelbook (for me personally) , simple and elegant.. They've got to make the cymbals shine :ohno: fingers crossed

I remember people saying the original winner's artwork looked very similar to an old poster art( for something I can't remember what) could there be copyright issues because of that? and that's the reason they're having to choose a new winner? .. Either way, I'm looking forward to this release.. Thanks to hdn;)

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the original competition winning artwork (kept my pre-order and whatnot)... but I certainly won't complain about this intriguing turn of events :)

It is much better than the original choice but it isn't that great, it is just a bit too simple in my opinion.

I also had this for £18 and just tried a few discount codes and none work now. Hopefully wait for a price drop or try the discount codes once it's released (they usually work then) I bet by Saturday this is out of stock but it will be zavvi trying to make this sought after so people keep their orders and then on release it will magically be in stock for months

I feel sorry for the real winner, they had to endure having their work lambasted all for it never to materialise. I'm not saying we should pretend to like it not on the contrary - this is about choice artwork after all, but that was the final choice and it was scraped in favour of us. Feels kinda bad man.

Hopefully no more competitions like these as they never work out; not for the winners nor us.

Reactions: goufcustom
Wow... what the heck is happening...
Feeling the same way @UpsetSmiley , honestly even I'm not so crazy about the original artwork but this is stupid / dishonest / disrespect, I don't know how to put it, actually I felt sorry for the previous winner since he got slammed by us who didn't like the art, which actually it's not his fault that the work has been chosen ... then just took his trophy and gave it to someone else is even worse... totally agreed with @UpsetSmiley this kind of competition should've never happened again... anyway feel sorry for the winner and hope he's ok... and no I'm not placing order for this ....

Reactions: UpsetSmiley