Whiplash (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: June 1st, 2015
Purchase: Whiplash
Price: £20.99
Notes: Gloss with debossed title
Artwork as selected by Damien Chazelle from the Empire Online competition.

FRONT.JPG

BACK.JPG
steel1.jpg
steel2.jpg
steel3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the top 5 nicest Steelbooks of 2015 !!! In hands it is just superb / that gloss finish and the embossed title and that Design Definitely one of the nicest WWA Steelbooks, so Glad this Design won the Contest.

One of the top 5 nicest Steelbooks of 2015 !!! In hands it is just superb / that gloss finish and the embossed title and that Design Definitely one of the nicest WWA Steelbooks, so Glad this Design won the Contest.
But it didn't win!!!
Don't you remember? THIS WON:
image.jpeg
...chosen by Director Damien Chazelle!!:wow:
People freaked out, and they had to change it!
These contests, man.... (Need we remember Machete?:ohno::rofl:)
...Thank god they had the good sense to change it! You are right that it is a great steelbook.
(The final one...)

But it didn't win!!!
View attachment 211843 ...chosen by Director Damien Chazelle!!:wow:
...Thank god they had the good sense to change it! You are right that it is a great steelbook.
(The final one...)
Ha yep, true, well almost, they tried to contact the original winner but couldn't so went with the one we have now (which was the one that got more praise here..)

I just wish I knew the full story of why the original winner couldn't be contacted and got pushed to one side...I'm sure it wasn't just the complaints...

Reactions: C.C. 95

I thought this was debossed right? Not embossed?

I haven't opened my FAC edition yet.......

Reactions: C.C. 95
But it didn't win!!!
View attachment 211843 ...chosen by Director Damien Chazelle!!:wow:
(The final one...)

Ha yep, true, well almost, they tried to contact the original winner but couldn't so went with the one we have now (which was the one that got more praise here..)

I just wish I knew the full story of why the original winner couldn't be contacted and got pushed to one side...I'm sure it wasn't just the complaints...

Yes I remember and didn't want to get into it, but the reason why the Winner was Disqualified is because of his Artwork was too similar from an Official Artwork from the film. The crooked arm was too similar to an Original Artwork from the Studio so They Disqualified him and passed on to the runner up.

Yes People freaked out as they Loved this Current Artwork much much more, BUT it was not the reason why they changed it, as I mentioned it was too similar looking to an Official Poster Artwork. The Winner was not Pushed aside because of not being able to be contacted, if I remember correctly, it is actually the 2nd runner up (with this current Artwork) that they had difficulty contacting after the ''Disqualification of the Winner''.
So runner up was difficult to Track down.

Yes I remember and didn't want to get into it, but the reason why the Winner was Disqualified is because of his Artwork was too similar from an Official Artwork from the film. The crooked arm was too similar to an Original Artwork from the Studio so They Disqualified him and passed on to the runner up.

Yes People freaked out as they Loved this Current Artwork much much more, BUT it was not the reason why they changed it, as I mentioned it was too similar looking to an Official Poster Artwork. The Winner was not Pushed aside because of not being able to be contacted, if I remember correctly, it is actually the 2nd runner up (with this current Artwork) that they had difficulty contacting after the ''Disqualification of the Winner''.
So runner up was difficult to Track down.
I thought the winner was disqualified because the estate of Saul Bass threatened to sue for copyright infringement...:rofl:;)