Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about this one, never thought I would see Zavvi selling this again, so far it looks too much like the previous release apart from the colour round the image. I have the previous release which I got from a ninja, it's a steel beauty. I guess this one is good for new collectors that want it for less though or to have it as a variant, will be interesting what the end product looks like anyway.

@Slinchafi totaly feeling you on this , people if you don't like it , don't buy it :rolleyes: pretty simple really .

But for the likes of myself I wasn't collecting steels when this was originally released so it's a more than welcome release by zavvi in my eyes .

But damn why so much hate on this , I bet if someone threw up a giveaway containing this 100% of you would be on it like a shot :whistle::hilarious:

This is one of my favourite movies and as much as I love the red release, the border or box (whatever you want to call it) image on the front is a bit annoying so I would like to see a bigger image on the front for this or a whole new front image but the back of the red version is truly amazing but would like to see a different image on this and the inside of the red version is awesome but it's cropped annoyingly cutting out half of roger so I would either like to see an improvement on that image or something new. But the colour on this new mockup is pretty ugly and I'll say it again, looks like urine. If it is gold like the last stand steelbook then yeah could look good. I want to see more images of the back and front before I make my mind up on this.
Completely wasn't expecting this today but at the same time it is kinda pointless. Give us interstellar or inherent vice for Christ sake (irrelevant to zavvis anniversary I know)

Oh and to everyone else moaning about people moaning. Get over it, it's a forum to express feelings on what we collect and it is zavvi, a company who have p*ssed allot of people of recentley and treated some of their loyal customers in a disgusting manor including myself. Those people know who I'm talking about as I've been taking to them privately and the retailer thread about their recent travesties

This is one of my favourite movies and as much as I love the red release, the border or box (whatever you want to call it) image on the front is a bit annoying so I would like to see a bigger image on the front for this or a whole new front image but the back of the red version is truly amazing but would like to see a different image on this and the inside of the red version is awesome but it's cropped annoyingly cutting out half of roger so I would either like to see an improvement on that image or something new. But the colour on this new mockup is pretty ugly and I'll say it again, looks like urine. If it is gold like the last stand steelbook then yeah could look good. I want to see more images of the back and front before I make my mind up on this.
Completely wasn't expecting this today but at the same time it is kinda pointless. Give us interstellar or inherent vice for Christ sake (irrelevant to zavvis anniversary I know)

Oh and to everyone else moaning about people moaning. Get over it, it's a forum to express feelings on what we collect and it is zavvi, a company who have p*ssed allot of people of recentley and treated some of their loyal customers in a disgusting manor including myself. Those people know who I'm talking about as I've been taking to them privately and the retailer thread about their recent travesties
So only people can moan about steelbooks? The people moaning about people moaning about steelbooks aren't allowed?

The steelbook looks all class! Well done Warner bros and Zavvi!!

So only people can moan about steelbooks? The people moaning about people moaning about steelbooks aren't allowed?

The steelbook looks all class! Well done Warner bros and Zavvi!!

There are plenty of positive comments in this thread too!!

My point was its a forum and people can say what they want positive or negative. Zavvi haven't really failed me on the disney collection and some others in the coming months look amazing too but my opinion aswell as half the people in this thread thinks the mock up looks awful balanced by the other half liking it! Don't get what your point is. I saw red when I read the post about this thread making it unbearable to come to this site due to the negative comments but it's allowed just as positive comments are, if everyone liked everything in the world it would be a very boring place. I could easily write in every Asian retailer steelbook thread that everyone sucks up to those releases without even seeing a mock up but I don't as annoying as it is to read Half the time.

Basically: let us moan and whine about zavvi in every zavvi steelbook thread! Instead of letting the people who enjoy the steelbooks enjoy the thread.

It would be cool if zavvi does a gold disney collection as well. It would look classy.

Basically: let us moan and whine about zavvi in every zavvi steelbook thread! Instead of letting the people who enjoy the steelbooks enjoy the thread.

It would be cool if zavvi does a gold disney collection as well. It would look classy.

There are quite a few zavvi threads where there are barely no moans.

If you read my post again I have said this could look good if it is actually a nice gold and not the horrible light yellow they are displaying it at. I got the red one at retail price so if this looked good I would also get this. There are also moans In other steelbook threads from all around the world. I agree zavvi take the most of the steelbook beating but mainly due to the over saturating, awful prices, minimal updates when a release was released nearly 2 weeks ago and still no contact, sh*te customer service, locking or deleting accounts but still charging customers and sending the items out but not letting the cutomer allowed to go into your account to cancel or return damaged items (which is massively wrong and they have been doing that to quite a few people including myself and refusing to talk to the customers they have done this to about the account or sent out items refusing returns) you can make your own mind up about them regarding those last points and believe me this is happening to customers so apologies but I'm rather sour about them at the moment, but I have a drug problem and it's called steelbooks and will continue to purchase the odd steelbook from them. I will admit when they release a nice steelbook or announce a good title. I'm not going to be biased but I am trying to sway a lot of my purchases away from them at the moment.

Anyway I enjoy reading positive and negative posts because someone might sway me either way. It's healthy to see positives and negatives

Reactions: Paperinukke
considering this is supposed to be a special, celebratory edition they should handle the release of this steel a little differently.

They should ONLY make it available to the people who purchased the original when it launched. As a thank you to those who made the first release special. It would make this release very special.

& you'd know the people who own one, have been doing this a long time.

yeah that'd upset a few people, but it'd be more interesting release.