Who here has a projector in their setup?

I have an 8100... which I haven't use yet, since I have to complete the dedicated room before.

But the quick test I made (Oppo BD83 as source) was outstanding, compared to the plasma 42" tv I'm used to...

We had one for our home theater room, but it's not currently set up. We purchased a few years ago, so I hope to replace with a 1080p when we move.

My 55" Sony RP HDTV died last Sunday. Luckily someone I know was selling there Hitachi Projector and have just put the deposit on it. Will pay for it when I return from Hong Kong/ Macau. Need to get a screen and shelf (can't hang from ceiling as have hanging lights)

I cant wait to get my hands on it.
Still plan to get a 3D Epson as soon as the prices drop a bit. This will carry me for now.

Also moved into new house so need to work out where to put unit.

Last edited:
We had one for our home theater room, but it's not currently set up. We purchased a few years ago, so I hope to replace with a 1080p when we move.

Green eyes of jealousy. :)

I have to say that I would love to get a decent but cheap projector and would welcome any advice. For instance, do I really need to go to a 1080p setup, where do you put the damned thing and similarly the screen ? What's the best type of screen ? What sort of distance do you need from the screen for 103in ?

Last edited:
Spent a whole day putting my screen up (definite 2 man job) Just need to put up my 2 Front Height Speakers (for 9.1), tidy up the wiring, with the help of conduit and also install my new air-conditioning unit. Also need to put my metal Blu-ray shelves back up and also some shelving for my collectibles. Was going to soundproof the room for the sake of my neighbours, but seeing as they are some of the most inconsiderate w@nkers you are ever likely to meet, f#ck em.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, still getting used to taking screen shots in the dark:

DSCF6020.jpg

DSCF6021.jpg

DSCF6109.jpg

DSCF6110.jpg

DSCF6098.jpg

DSCF6100.jpg

DSCF6103.jpg

DSCF6167.jpg

DSCF6168.jpg

DSCF6162.jpg

DSCF6158.jpg

DSCF6156.jpg

DSCF6152.jpg

DSCF6150.jpg

DSCF6182.jpg

DSCF6185.jpg

DSCF6189.jpg

DSCF6959.jpg

DSCF6968.jpg

DSCF6971.jpg

DSCF6967.jpg

DSCF6964.jpg

DSCF6961.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Hitachi PJ-TX200 (same model as Blu-devil :)), picked it up a couple of weeks ago together with an 81" screen for a total of 200 EUR. I am beyond stoked, a cinematic experience for the price of a computer monitor.

Hoping to have one when the extnsion is built, but not buying it until it's nearly there... and it doesn't start until late June. :(

Still, leaves me time to research stuff! ;)

:drool: This is nice setup, how big is the screen ? 120" ?? :cool:

Hope my small room can at least project 92 inches. :ohno:

92' Screen. From screenshots I can not really see a huge difference between 720P and 1080P. Images really pop out and hit you. Moving to The Netherlands in a few months and will take my cinema with me, lock, stock and barrel.

Last edited:
I have an Mitsubishi MC4900 for a few years now on a 192 inch custom built white wall ;). Absolutely love it for movies and MW2 and BF3 on it.