Winner Chosen - Dano's Ninja Week Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dano

Steelbook Nut
Premium Supporter
Feb 2, 2012
City of Champions
I just wanted to give back in a small way to the HDN community. Up for grabs is The Wolverine Best Buy Exclusive. The box lists Region A but it looks to be A/B.

I am a bit sad to see what many say is the demise of 3D. It is hard to tell where the majority of members stand. I have been all in for 3D, even had a 3D setup before there were any BD releases.

To enter simply Thank the thread and answer the question below.

Are you sad if BD 3D becomes a thing of the past?

Winner will be chosen by random.org on Sunday.

Worldwide free shipping.

UcC71Wh.jpg

Uq7699l.jpg

In case you were wondering, the pin is not included. :)

I'm not really sad 3D is being passed over.
Even though I have plenty of 3D discs I don't have a system to support them. Ive have just not felt compelled to upgrade due to to the requirement of wearing cumbersome glasses

• Thanks
Reactions: Dano
I think it's only a demise in its current state. Technology has a habit of coming up with something falling back and then coming back again in the future. I'm old enough to remember the red and blue gimmicky glasses of the 80s then it faded away only to reappear in an evolved and better state 20 years later. 3D is fun and offers people a new way to engage in viewing technology and immerse themselves more (isn't that the ultimate aim?) But in its current state there are flaws. For example I wear glasses and the last thing I want to do is wear 3D glasses over my glasses! Look at VR, making a comeback after largely being forgotten for 20 years!

Yes at the moment 3D may be at a demise but keep an eye out and I guarantee you haven't seen the last of it...

• Thanks
Reactions: Chee_Kno and Dano
Please don't enter me into the giveaway... I already own this edition. I just wanted to say that I'll be very bummed if Blu-ray 3D becomes officially obsolete. At the theatre, my eyes become unfocused and I get headaches when I watch 3D. At home, it's perfect. My eyes adjust and I can properly enjoy the 3D experience. It's wonderful. I hope the format sticks around.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway! :thumbs:

I think the 3d blu rays are phenomenal, I don't have a ton of them, maybe like 20 but I'd hate to see it die out. My 3d plasma itself is dying too so idk how much longer I'll be able to even watch it since it's harder to find 3d tvs now

• Thanks
THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY!

ABSOLUTELY! I GOT MY 3D TV ROUGHLY 6 YEARS AGO. I ALWAYS LOVED GOING TO SEE 3D MOVIES AS A CHILD IN THE THEATERS AND WAS SO HYPED TO HAVE THE 3D VIEWING PLEASURE AT HOME. I STILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO BUY THE 3D VERSIONS OF BLURAY RELEASES AND HOPE THEY STILL RELEASE CERTAIN FILMS IN 3D AS THEY COME OUT.

I'm a little sad there's not going to be any 4K 3D. That would have been sweet!!

Thanks for the sweet giveaway :thumbs:

• Thanks
Thanks for the great Giveaway @Dano !:thumbs:
The main reason why it is so lamentable that 3D is going by the wayside, is that with 4K and OLED - filmmakers and home viewers FINALLY had the delivery system that 3D needed!! With 4K and OLED - 3D would finally have 1080p in BOTH eyes, and the increased brightness necessary for 3D. It is like a cosmic joke that they bail on it NOW that we finally have a TV at home that can properly deliver it.
Hopefully, they reconsider on the next model Tv's for 2018.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Dano and misformatt
Status
Not open for further replies.