[Winner Chosen]Give-away for Valentines Day-Win Blu-Ray/DVD of your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey All Hidefninja.com members,

It's time for our Ninja to get frisky! :naughty:

ninjavdayimage.jpg

I am contributing a give-away for a DVD or Blu-Ray (value up to $25 or $25 towards one), shipped to you from Amazon US or Amazon UK. Purchases from other Amazon sites in your own country are fine, too. It can be more than one, as long as the total value is $25 or less(I'll pay the shipping to you).

All you have to do is list your Top 5 Romantic Movies, and why they make your list, and I'll pick a winner on Valentines Day.

The movie(s) you choose as a giveaway do not need to be a Romantic flick(s).

So 'lets get it on' and get this party started! :drool:

Have fun! :oohyeah:

And the winner by random draw of total # of posts with Ninjas counted 2X:

random.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent giveaway! thank you so much

my top 5

1, Le Grand Bleu (simply stunning!! the music, the photography, the scenery, it's all there!!!)
2, Moulin Rouge (jawdropping music and real razzle dazzel! heartbreaking at the end though)
3,Working Girl (the ultimate NYC love story in my books. love the opening titles)
4,Titantic (not much i can say about this that hasn't been said already)
5,Ghost (grew up watching this. Swazye and Goldberg are superb. again it's heart renching at the end)

Last edited:
It's really hard to pick just 5, but here it goes:

1. Before Sunrise (This is by far the best romantic movie I've ever seen)
2. The Notebook (The chemistry between the main characters is amazingly believable and stunningly beautiful)
3. Love Actually (Just incredible. I watch this every single christmas)
4. Chasing Amy (Kevin Smith's greatest accomplishment)
5. Under the Tuscan Sun (This is the kind of life I consider perfect)

1.Before Sunrise/Before Sunset (Simply brilliant films and so, so close to my heart...)
2.Un Couer En Hiver (A Heart in Winter) (Dark, but brilliant)
3.ANYTHING in the romcom genre with Drew Barrymore in it ;)
4.The Singer (Gerard Depardieu at his best?..)
5. National Lampoon Vacation series - romance is the only explaination for why his wife put's up with Chevy Chase's character!!

500 days of summer
Time travelers wife
Blue valentine
Crazy stupid love
Eternal Sunshine

My reasoning is the same for all. Cast chemistry. Superb script. Wonderful acting.

Last edited:
My favorite romantic movies

1. Crazy, Stupid, Love.: Entertaining romantic comedies have been rare in recent years; most of them fail either because of tired plots, unlikable main characters or terrible acting. That’s why Crazy, Stupid, Love is such a blessing. Implementing an all-star cast including Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, the film soars where other rom-coms stumble. The storyline, following a middle-aged suburbanite (Carell) learning to play the dating game again after his wife (Moore) leaves him, is vastly entertaining. All of the actors deliver great performances; Carell and Gosling particularly excel, and the scenes they share are the film’s best. Hilarious and heart-warming, Crazy, Stupid, Love is a stellar example of how romantic comedies should be made – it is smart, sweet and refreshingly honest.

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: This is one of those zany, far-out movies that really works. With its non-linear structure, unusual story and fascinating use of tracking shots, ESOTSM is truly in a league of its own. Jim Carrey's dramatic role here is better than anything he has ever done in comedy, and Kate Winslet is also a pleasure to watch. This is the rare film that is at once heartbreaking, romantic, hilarious and strangely grounded.

3. Wall-E: A post-apocalyptic love story like none ever before told. The titular robot is a lovable, funny and charming leading man, and his love story with EVE is so beautiful that I tear up every time. Plus, it's a pretty awesome movie even besides the love story.

4. Groundhog Day: This memorable comedy has a lot going for it. Bill Murray takes the film's one-joke premise and milks it for all that it's worth. Andie MacDowell is great in this movie, and it has some really, really funny lines in it. Such as: "I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get *that* day over, and over, and over...

5. Notting Hill: This is the only Hugh Grant movie that I can stand, mostly because it is genuinely funny, heartwarming and co-stars Julia Roberts. This rom-com boasts a great line from Julia Roberts in the finale that I think I will always remember: "After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

Awesome giveaway, thanks DB! These aren't really my kind of movies but I would go with these. Their not romantic films as such but all have a romantic story in them!

Grease,
Groundhog day,
The Curious case of Benjamin button,
Intolerable cruelty,
Wolfman.

Ooh that's a great question and a great giveaway DB.

I'd say - in no particular order

While You Were Sleeping
Chungking Express
Crazy, Stupid Love
Anne of Green Gables (I know it's a TV movie but I love it!)
Sleeping with the Enemy (I think I can classify this as a romantic movie we'll just ignore creepy Martin and stick to the lovely Ben)

I will go with

Meet Joe Black (BD look awesome)
You got mail
Kate & Leopold
Only You (the Damond Bradley quest, lol)
My Girl (not all romantic/love/friendship themed movies need to end with kiss or wedding)

As everyone has been saying, very difficult to pick just 5, but here goes...

1. The Lake House - Wonderful mix of sci-fi and romance with a real feelgood ending.
2. Brokeback Mountain - What an excellent film Ang Lee manages to create from what was originally just a short story.
3. City Girl - Fantastic 1920's silent film making, easily as moving as any "modern" movie.
4. Wall.e - Full marks to Pixar. Who would believe we could feel for a couple of animated robots?
5. Hable con Ella - A very one sided romance, between patient and nurse, but outstanding storytelling from Almodovar.

Casablanca
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Meet Joe Black
The Bridges of Madison County
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Isaac-Notting Hill has become one of my faves and wife's faves as well...I cry every single time at the press conference and the park bench scene. Not a huge Hugh Grant fan at all, but really enjoy Julia and him in this one....great list!

OK, s'got to be done: I'm the Jude Law character in my first film in that I burst into tears at slightest (romantic or soppy) provocation. Yeah, sad isn't it.

1. The Holiday - Critically mauled and didn't do too well at BO either but I love it and so does the wife.
2. (500) Days of Summer - Shear brilliance and Zooey is sumptuous, stand outs for me are the "Tourettes episode", the "Hall & Oates" dance sequence and the final resolution in the park.
3. Love Actually - Just proves that "Love is all around". Stand outs are Andrew Lincoln walking from his flat having shown tape to Keira Knightley, his timing to the Dido track is exquisite; again Andrew Lincoln and his homage to Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues video using Christmas Carols and finally Kris Marshall and the girls around the table comparing pronunciations.
4. The Time Traveller's Wife - I just love this film.
5. Moulin Rouge! - How could you not love this ? Not the greatest lover of Nicole Kidman but sh'e up to the mark here and the music is just fantastic. Especially her duet with Ewan.
Honourable mention:-
6. Notting Hill - Yes another Hugh Grant but he does do Rom-Com extremely well.

Last edited:
The Fountain - True love will live forever
King Kong (1933) - Classic story of Beauty and the Beast
The Passion of the Christ - Jesus died for all mankind
Wall-E - nothing cuter than young robot love ;)
Time Traveler's Wife - All around good love story

Must I try to answer this?................ what the hell..... lol...

Groundhog Day - love overcomes time travel?? YES!
Forrest Gump - Love is like a box of chocolates....
Edward Scissorhands - His story will touch you, even though he can't!
The Wrestler - Very underatted film imo!
Juno - Really great film, the acting is great.

Gee... that was easier than I thought. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.