Working Out Thread

Day 1 - xtop Works Out

started working out officially. wanna get back to running 5k's.

goals by my birthday (april 25):

20min 5k
200lbs
15%ish body fat
dunk?..maybe

i'll push these out till summer if i have to, which is likely, but i at least want to have some goals

how bout you lazy bastards?

1 less twinkie a day.

just kidding lol. Yeah as soon as this winter is gone I'll be running!

its so nice being able to go for a run..and actually be able to play a full game of basketball without needing to walk :p

can't wait

running is my thing. ran in high school and college. i got injured during my senior year (achilles tendinitis and plantar fascitis) so im slowly getting back into it again, but im lazier now :p

but good luck man. theres nothing quite like a good run for a workout. ive done many other things to try and cross train (bike, swim, xc ski, lift, eliptical) but i never feel the same as i do after a run.

20 min 5k is a great goal too. thats like 6:25 miles, which is a good pace. a lot of people think running fast is something that is really hard and something they could never do, but youd be surprised at how your body adapts after you run frequently for like 3-4 weeks.

i want to hit 18's by the end of the year and i'll be happy. want to get in some biathlon's. like..10k run, 15 mile bike or something

i got injured during my senior year (achilles tendinitis and plantar fascitis)

Man, I got achillles tendonitis about a year ago playing soccer. That was one of the most painful sports injuries I have ever had. I actually went to the doctor for a foot xray because I thought it was broken! Turns out that I just strained my achilles where it wraps around the bottom of the heel.... Took me 8 weeks to walk regularly again.

@Xtop, the first couple weeks are the most important! Once you make it a routine, it becomes much less intrusive. Then once you get the first bit of results, you remember why you put the work in in the first place. Keep at it!

Well I've done pretty good so far on my diet to drop 15 lbs from when I started... only thing I've changed is keeping my breakfast high in protein and under 500 cals and lunch under 500 cals...

Should probably work out again.. I have been mad at myself for even starting cuz after I put on the muscles my metabolism has been out of whack... probably because I stopped working out :p

Man, I got achillles tendonitis about a year ago playing soccer. That was one of the most painful sports injuries I have ever had. I actually went to the doctor for a foot xray because I thought it was broken! Turns out that I just strained my achilles where it wraps around the bottom of the heel.... Took me 8 weeks to walk regularly again.

@Xtop, the first couple weeks are the most important! Once you make it a routine, it becomes much less intrusive. Then once you get the first bit of results, you remember why you put the work in in the first place. Keep at it!

see thats the thing, getting into that routine is SO HARD. i do this every year..start running for 2 weeks, then decide i'm too sore and take 2 days off..well 2 days turns into a month. then i'm out of shape again. its tough. so much easier back in high school lol

Weight contest?

i'm too skinny to do that :p i only weigh 190..i'm 6'4!

see thats the thing, getting into that routine is SO HARD. i do this every year..start running for 2 weeks, then decide i'm too sore and take 2 days off..well 2 days turns into a month. then i'm out of shape again. its tough. so much easier back in high school lol

I do that all the time! :hilarious:

good luck man! I just started working out weekly and i've been doing alright so far. I've just been trying to do at least 100 calories a day, plus diet, plus a few reps on the weights.

I've only been doing it for about a week, so I haven't checked my weight. I'm trying to get toned, not ripped, so we'll see how it works.

Goals are good. I'm fighting with my inner self right now to get up and put in another P90x video. I knew I shouldn't have sat down at the computer. Now I feel too lazy or tired to get up and workout.

The damn snow won't go away. I'd love to go out and run but mother nature wants to give us more snow in a 5 day period than we've ever had here (so say the locals).

i'm too skinny to do that :p i only weigh 190..i'm 6'4!

I agree. It's hard to getting started back up again. I'm always too sore and then get right back out of the habit. I'm doing pretty good now though. The first two weeks of p90x were brutal though (still is).