Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 794
Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping that wouldn't be the final art. Don't like that at all if I'm honest. Reminds me of HMV's cheap looking black Hunger Games Steelbooks.

Or it could end up like hmv thor, embossed title and spot gloss sentinel

Thor was released worldwide.

Judging by the artwork (Again, like HMV's Hunger Games, the title looks misaligned or too small with too much 'black' background. Something just looks off about it) this looks like it could be exclusive to HMV.

Will have to wait and see if this will be the worldwide artwork for this or if it'll be exclusive. Hopefully the stock pic doesn't do it justice and it will be bad-ass in hand. Like say, Enders Game.

Reactions: Kashby
I don't love the artwork, but I don't hate it either. I'm in no rush to buy it anyway... they still had a few Wolverine steelbooks left at my HMV last time I checked, and at a reduced price too. Wish they'd hurry up and get their site back up and running though... I'd be pre-ordering all their exclusive steels otherwise.

Has anyone managed in the Rep of Ireland to Pre-Order

I went into Xtra-vision/Hmv store in Navan to Pre-Order

They did not have it on their system and did not even know Hmv had an excusive steelbook release planned
I showed them the Hmv poster to advertise the steelbook
They looked a bit red faced a customer telling what Hmv release was happening when it should be the other way them knowing about it

I also asked about The Amazing Spiderman 2 Steelbook it was the same answer they did even not know about it again I had to let them know about it

So has anyone in Rep of Ireland gone into one of the Main Hmv shops not the Xtra-vision/Hmv concession stores and managed to place a Pre-Order for either
X-Men: Days of Future Past Steelbook Hmv Exclusive
The Amazing Spiderman 2 Steelbook Hmv Exclusive

It a bit shocking when customers have to tell a shop what exclusives they have and staff don't know about it

Has anyone managed in the Rep of Ireland to Pre-Order

I went into Xtra-vision/Hmv store in Navan to Pre-Order

They did not have it on their system and did not even know Hmv had an excusive steelbook release planned
I showed them the Hmv poster to advertise the steelbook
They looked a bit red faced a customer telling what Hmv release was happening when it should be the other way them knowing about it

I also asked about The Amazing Spiderman 2 Steelbook it was the same answer they did even not know about it again I had to let them know about it

So has anyone in Rep of Ireland gone into one of the Main Hmv shops not the Xtra-vision/Hmv concession stores and managed to place a Pre-Order for either

It a bit shocking when customers have to tell a shop what exclusives they have and staff don't know about it
Since HMV closed and reopened in Ireland, the last few HMV exclusives haven't been available outside the UK Paul. No 'A Good Day To Die Hard', 'Red 2', 'Enders Game' etc.....With the exception of 'Wolverine' for some Strange reason.

This could be a UK exclusive also.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
Since HMV closed and reopened in Ireland, the last few HMV exclusives haven't been available outside the UK Paul. No 'A Good Day To Die Hard', 'Red 2', 'Enders Game' etc.....With the exception of 'Wolverine' for some Strange reason.

This could be a UK exclusive also.

I will be contacting Hmv Ireland
The last time it was the same for Wolverine
When I contacted Hmv Ireland about Wolverine Steelbook
I was told it will be UK exclusive only
I told them lot of customers in Rep of Ireland would want wolverine steelbook

A few days later I was contacted to tell me change of plans they will be making available Wolverine Steelbook to Rep of Ireland Customers
The only downside part it was lot more expensive than the UK

I have asked them on Hmv Facebook Website I should have a standard reply on Monday but I will also be contacting them in private to ask them to make available to Rep of Ireland Customers both Steelbooks

These 2 releases will be big sellers and would be crazy not to be available

The previous ones you mentioned Good Day To Die Hard/Red 2/Enders Game
I could understand them not been interested in stocking as I even was not interested in them :p

I will let you know their reply when I get it
As I'm sure there are a lot of Rep Of Ireland Customers will want to be able to order them direct from Hmv Ireland

I will keep at them until they do make them available for Rep of Ireland Customers
Big Releases like these 2 should be available in Rep of Ireland/UK in my opinion

Last edited:
I hope so. Cheers Paul. :thumbs:

I have a feeling this will be available. The fact it is a box office hit and also 'Marvel' will guarantee sales. Especially as Wolverine and Avengers were previously available.

I just had the first reply from Hmv Ireland in regards to

A standard reply same as before with Wolverine but they ended up changing that

Hmv Reply
It appears both at present are Exclusive to HMV UK so we need to find out if we can get this for HMV Ireland Paul as both HMV Ireland and the UK are separate companies with different offers

I have sent a reply telling them lot of interest in Rep of Ireland for these release and can they arrange them to be made available

I probably will have to send a private message to Hmv Ireland to push for these to happen I will be doing that next week so to give them a bit more time to respond first to my second standard reply on facebook

Hmv Reply
It appears both at present are Exclusive to HMV UK so we need to find out if we can get this for HMV Ireland Paul as both HMV Ireland and the UK are separate companies with different offers

I have sent a reply telling them lot of interest in Rep of Ireland for these release and can they arrange them to be made available

I probably will have to send a private message to Hmv Ireland to push for these to happen I will be doing that next week so to give them a bit more time to respond first to my second standard reply on facebook

Good luck, hope it work out well for you. :thumbs:

Hmv Reply

Cheers Paul, however, they don't really seem to be all that knowledgeable when it comes to these exclusives. I asked them via Facebook if The Wolverine would be coming into stock in the Irish stores and was simply told that it was a UK exclusive only.
This forced me to commit to the UK group buy on here costing me around €36, there or abouts.
What did I see on the shelves one day while browsing in both HMV Dundrum & one of those Xtravision/HMV chains.. The Wolverine for €30 :angry:

Then again, I did ask them through Facebook so God knows who's managing the replies on there. Prob should have shot their customer service a proper e-mail