X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D - In theaters May 23rd, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.
With: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore
and: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage,

Trailer:

#1:

Attachments

• X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
DO... NOT... CLICK...
After the events of the film, Jean Grey and Cyclops are alive and well. :scat::scat::scat:

The reviews coming in on this are HUGE! Some are calling it the best X-film ever and several reviewers have even said that this is right up there with The Avengers for superhero films. I'm PUMPED!

Yep, The Last Stand has been undone!!!! Justice!!!

Up there with The Avengers if not bette... what am i saying, much better!! :LOL:
I'm going to watch it again this weekend

Last edited:
ENDING TALK, DONT CLICK!

Now I am super curious about the NEXT Wolverine movie, in that i hope it might be continuing the future timeline, while Apocalypse is set in the 90s.

which also begs the question, doesnt that mean that anything that happens in X-men: Apocalypse, whoever we saw at the end of DOFP, will definalty live through it? suspense gone =P

just got back and... OMFG just amazing... how bloodsnake felt about godzilla, thats how i feel about the newest installment of x-men ;)

ooo and a quote from bloodsnake cause i love your passion buddy :) (with some renditions :hilarious: ) you can find the original quote here:
This is the GODZILLA film I've been dying to see! I absolutely FU**ING love this kick ass movie! :drool: :oohyeah: WOW! From the second it begins to the last shot of him entering the ocean! EEK! FU**ING EPIC! :scat: The films pace is phenomenal, not a single dull moment! Amazing characters! Beautiful cinematography! Everything worked so DAMN well for me, instant classic! Though I do wish it was longer (hoping for an Unrated/Extended/Directors Cut) :thumbs:

I was at the edge of my seat the entire time! His 1st roar made me wet myself! :p Seriously though, I haven't enjoyed a film this much in years! BEST Movie Experience... EVER! The KING of Monsters is back baby! :bow: Even the wife loved it! We're definitely gonna see it again! :movie: Cant wait to own the Blu-Ray!

NINJAS! You know what's next! My GODZILLA Collection... is coming! :oohyeah:

" This is the X-MEN film I've been dying to see! I absolutely FU**ING love this kick ass movie! :drool: :oohyeah: WOW! From the second it begins to the last shot ! EEK! FU**ING EPIC! :scat: The films pace is phenomenal, not a single dull moment! Amazing characters! Beautiful cinematography! Everything worked so DAMN well for me, instant classic! Though I do wish it was longer (hoping for an Unrated/Extended/Directors Cut) :thumbs: "

everything across the board was well done, especially the story arc which had to be airtight for this film to work and they knocked it out of the park ! Loved the acting by Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy

and i think the comparison to the avengers shouldn't be in the same ballpark, both are very different movies, just like you wouldn't compare nolans batman to any of the marvel movies. Very different tone and themes in my opinion

Last edited:
:oohyeah:Saw this last night and I have to say well done to Bryan Singer and company. Best X-Men movie to date by far. I loved First Class, but this is really cool. My favorite scene has to be the main scene involving Quiksilver. :scat: The song that's playing during the scene is so perfect. :hilarious:

Reactions: alvinhwang21
I'm getting goose bumps from reading your various posts. :scat:

Sooooooooo looking forward to catching this after the weekend. Yes "after" to avoid the crowds, while everyone's at work, Apollon doesn't like distractions :D

just got back and... OMFG just amazing... how bloodsnake felt about godzilla, thats how i feel about the newest installment of x-men ;)

ooo and a quote from bloodsnake cause i love your passion buddy :) (with some renditions :hilarious: ) you can find the original quote here:

" This is the X-MEN film I've been dying to see! I absolutely FU**ING love this kick ass movie! :drool: :oohyeah: WOW! From the second it begins to the last shot ! EEK! FU**ING EPIC! :scat: The films pace is phenomenal, not a single dull moment! Amazing characters! Beautiful cinematography! Everything worked so DAMN well for me, instant classic! Though I do wish it was longer (hoping for an Unrated/Extended/Directors Cut) :thumbs: "

everything across the board was well done, especially the story arc which had to be airtight for this film to work and they knocked it out of the park ! Loved the acting by Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy

and i think the comparison to the avengers shouldn't be in the same ballpark, both are very different movies, just like you wouldn't compare nolans batman to any of the marvel movies. Very different tone and themes in my opinion

LOL! :hilarious: You're awesome Alvin! :scat: Your EPIC review has me SUPER Pumped for this now! Definitely checking it out tonight! :LOL:

Reactions: alvinhwang21
Just got back from it. I did enjoy it but am still digesting it

Things I liked:
Seeing how many times the same mutants can get killed :hilarious:
Colossus man torn in half and beaten down, Iceman, and Sunspot which does beg the question of how they could survive that long if they were so easily killed by the Sentinels, even with Kitty Prydes power
Quicksilver stealing every scene he was in, from the nod to being magnetos offspring and the look on magnetos face to the shootout scene.

Liked seeing Rogue, Cyclops, and Jean Grey, basically undoing X-men 3 but the reason I am still digesting it is because with the exception of First Class essentially the entire history is now wiped clean, not just x3. We don't even know if Wolverine has adamantium claws in the new future. Yet in the future it seems peaceful but that would mean Magneto and Mystique have done nothing for so many years.

A few small irks:
No explanation of how wolverine got his metal claws back, though we do see magneto fusing the iron rail tracks to the sentinels so that is a nod to the comics that he can do that
I know the future sentinels adapted their powers and really only the most powerful mutants are left but damn they seemed to be taken out easily and Charles right at the very end seemed almost helpless. Like how would a sentinel stop him from stopping them

there was one more but it slipped

so I will leave it at that for now

also while it was great to see rogue, why does she have gray hair and look like she has not aged

Just got back from it. I did enjoy it but am still digesting it

Things I liked:
Seeing how many times the same mutants can get killed :hilarious:
Colossus man torn in half and beaten down, Iceman, and Sunspot which does beg the question of how they could survive that long if they were so easily killed by the Sentinels, even with Kitty Prydes power
Quicksilver stealing every scene he was in, from the nod to being magnetos offspring and the look on magnetos face to the shootout scene.

Liked seeing Rogue, Cyclops, and Jean Grey, basically undoing X-men 3 but the reason I am still digesting it is because with the exception of First Class essentially the entire history is now wiped clean, not just x3. We don't even know if Wolverine has adamantium claws in the new future. Yet in the future it seems peaceful but that would mean Magneto and Mystique have done nothing for so many years.

A few small irks:
No explanation of how wolverine got his metal claws back, though we do see magneto fusing the iron rail tracks to the sentinels so that is a nod to the comics that he can do that
I know the future sentinels adapted their powers and really only the most powerful mutants are left but damn they seemed to be taken out easily and Charles right at the very end seemed almost helpless. Like how would a sentinel stop him from stopping them

there was one more but it slipped

so I will leave it at that for now

Maybe with only 4-6 of them they really couldnt hold off the sentinels and prob long before, there were much much more xmen still fighting.

The end, great nod and send off to the old cast. :cheers:

Alright a few things...Remember how Beast was talking about the ripple effect how sometimes you can undo certain things, Well thatgives open window into if they do or do not give Wolverine his adamantium which most likely they will, cause he'll need it to fight Apocolypse. Oh and M they were never fighting off the Sentinals they were hiding from them. Remember thag Kitty can send people back in time, so that helps the avoid certain encounters since she knows what happened. Thats why everyone was alive even though the Sentinals killed them. I tried hard to find a plot hole but there truly wasnt one. Id like someone to prove me wrong though. Makes things interesting. I thought imo that it was FLAWLESS. It had a certain indie feel to it. I LOVED. Sad that Singer cant enjoy the praise, hopefully those allegations arent true cuz if they come to light that it is...he's done.

Reactions: Afa
I thought this was the best of the lot, but I have to agree with mllNY as far as my irks and gripes are concerned. They should've done a better job at filling in some holes.

I do disagree with a few people that said it was better than The Avengers and on par with CA WS. IMO, it falls short to both movies.

All in all, I'd give it a solid 8 and wouldn't mind watching it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
It's one of the better X-men films for sure. Doesn't answer all the plot holes which it should have but it's a lively and well made entry. Not keen on the ending myself, it revelled too much and kind of killed any possible suspense the next film might have had which is my main irk considering iit's supposed to be cleaning the slate. Still, good, nowhere near Avengers, Cap 2 or several others level of good but good for its own franchise.

My biggest problem:

I understand the Sentinels were the biggest threat in the future, but most of the problems they encounter in 1973 in the movie are not because of Trask or the Sentinels, but Magneto, who wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't busted him out of prison. And there really didn't seem to be a good enough reason to get him out of prison in the first place.

Other than that, I think it's a solid movie and definitely the best of the X-Men films to date. Not as good as Winter Soldier or Avengers, but I didn't expect it to be, and it is closer than you might expect.

My biggest problem:

I understand the Sentinels were the biggest threat in the future, but most of the problems they encounter in 1973 in the movie are not because of Trask or the Sentinels, but Magneto, who wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't busted him out of prison. And there really didn't seem to be a good enough reason to get him out of prison in the first place.

Other than that, I think it's a solid movie and definitely the best of the X-Men films to date. Not as good as Winter Soldier or Avengers, but I didn't expect it to be, and it is closer than you might expect.

Not really, Trasks death is what causes the creation of the new Sentinels. Magneto has nothing to do with that. My thing is it kinda seemed like Magneto's attack looked plannned, after Raven shoots him the comment he made, I thought you were a better shot, kinda me me think she was in on it.

Last edited: